Name: Saiga 12K
Type: Smooth barrel semi-auto carbine
Country of origin: Russia
Produced: 1997 - current
Variants: "Saiga 12K isp. 10"
Caliber: 2x70, 12х76
Action: long-stroke gas piston
Feed system: box magazine
Customization: Muzzle device, handguard, rear sight, dust cover, magazine, pistol grip, charging handle, buttstock, mounts and rails for attachments

Smooth barrel semi-auto carbine based on AK series, which have many modifications for various tasks. Pretty popular in country of origin and outside of it, where people like to manage crazy modifications.

_5.jpg

_1.jpg

_4.jpg

_9.jpg

_10.jpg

_11.jpg

_12.jpg

_3.jpg

_6.jpg

_7.jpg

_8.jpg

• Upvote 13

Hell yeah! These updates are already making the wait faster.

58 minutes ago, ivantherussian said:

Would like to see some western weponry also....

In time, my friend.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ivantherussian said:

Calm down, there's still missing some classic russian weapons.. like Mosin-Nagant, Nagant revolver and SVD.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bismarck_ said:

Calm down, there's still missing some classic russian weapons.. like Mosin-Nagant, Nagant revolver and SVD.

You just NAiled it :D SVD fav sniper in Arma 2 :D

40 minutes ago, Bismarck_ said:

LoL why does he need to calm down all he said was he wanted to see some western weaponry, lol he didn't even use a exclamation. 

The Saiga is def nice I love the gun but I agree with the people that would rather see some western weapons, like I mentioned in the AS VAL thread its a bit lopsided with two western guns being shown compared to the eleven now twelve eastern guns shown.

2 hours ago, TheOtherSlug said:

Hell yeah! These updates are already making the wait faster.

In time, my friend.

I def agree though no matter what these updates are making the wait a lot better. I doubt we will see more today but it would be awesome, I wonder what gets shown off tomorrow?

On 6/15/2016 at 10:08 AM, ivantherussian said:

Hell, Saigas are practically western weaponry. Plenty of these bad boys stateside, ^_^. That probably goes for AK's in general as well at this point.

• Upvote 1

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:53 AM, Jagdwyre said:

Hell, Saigas are practically western weaponry. Plenty of these bad boys stateside, ^_^. That probably goes for AK's in general as well at this point.

How about M1014 - is that considered western?

Would reloading one round at a time offset the CQ advantage of a semi-auto shotgun...?

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 4:48 AM, Drake38 said:

I hope you will add 12, 20, 30 round drum magazine.

043_crop-vi.jpg

686683_01_saiga_12_ak_47_side_folding_sh_640.jpg

eDhY5PC.jpg

that last one looks mad - I want one....
Sadly not allowed guns in Australia, not fair B|

1 hour ago, RageonJack3D said:

How about M1014 - is that considered western?

Would reloading one round at a time offset the CQ advantage of a semi-auto shotgun...?

Any Benelli shotgun can be considered "Western." They are made in Italy after all. The Benelli M4 in particular is pretty popular in Law Enforcement and Military circles in the US.

Semi-auto shotguns would only really have a significant advantage in CQC if it takes more than one round to take down your opponent. If it takes one round then you can still get away with a pump action or break action shotgun, though you have less room for error since follow up shots would take longer. In addition, having to load one round at a time wouldn't really be an issue unless you need to spam rounds to take a guy down or are fighting a horde of enemies, the former hopefully not being the case in the game and the latter hopefully being a really rare occurrence.