1 hour ago, PadorianPlays said:

Maybe I´m still falling in love with it just right now at this moment and it is not over yet ? :P

I loled way to hard hahaha.. 

On 6/15/2016 at 1:38 PM, TarkovEscaper said:

Name: Saiga 12K
Type: Smooth barrel semi-auto carbine
Country of origin: Russia
Produced: 1997 - current
Variants: "Saiga 12K isp. 10"
Caliber: 2x70, 12х76
Action: long-stroke gas piston
Feed system: box magazine
Customization: Muzzle device, handguard, rear sight, dust cover, magazine, pistol grip, charging handle, buttstock, mounts and rails for attachments

Smooth barrel semi-auto carbine based on AK series, which have many modifications for various tasks. Pretty popular in country of origin and outside of it, where people like to manage crazy modifications.

_5.jpg

_1.jpg

_4.jpg

_9.jpg

_10.jpg

_11.jpg

_12.jpg

_3.jpg

_6.jpg

_7.jpg

_8.jpg

i can see no other choice over the saiga 12k for cqb, well there's the AA12 but hey, its cuter i think, and probably lighter i assume since the AA looks beastly...

How about M1014 - is that considered western?

Would reloading one round at a time offset the CQ advantage of a semi-auto shotgun...?

Semi-auto shotguns would only really have a significant advantage in CQC if it takes more than one round to take down your opponent. If it takes one round then you can still get away with a pump action or break action shotgun, though you have less room for error since follow up shots would take longer. In addition, having to load one round at a time wouldn't really be an issue unless you need to spam rounds to take a guy down or are fighting a horde of enemies, the former hopefully not being the case in the game and the latter hopefully being a really rare occurrence.

The reason for semi auto functions on military and police combat cqc shotguns is in case they need to run non lethal rounds that do not cycle very well like beanbag shots or rubber bullets they need a manual cycle in order to use the different types of ammunition properly for different scenarios 

On 8/6/2016 at 2:54 PM, deathbane18 said:

How about M1014 - is that considered western?

Would reloading one round at a time offset the CQ advantage of a semi-auto shotgun...?

Semi-auto shotguns would only really have a significant advantage in CQC if it takes more than one round to take down your opponent. If it takes one round then you can still get away with a pump action or break action shotgun, though you have less room for error since follow up shots would take longer. In addition, having to load one round at a time wouldn't really be an issue unless you need to spam rounds to take a guy down or are fighting a horde of enemies, the former hopefully not being the case in the game and the latter hopefully being a really rare occurrence.

The reason for semi auto functions on military and police combat cqc shotguns is in case they need to run non lethal rounds that do not cycle very well like beanbag shots or rubber bullets they need a manual cycle in order to use the different types of ammunition properly for different scenarios 

I'm imagining they're going to have a similar Baikal shotgun that's an autoloader.

I disagree with what you're saying though. More ammo they can fire faster = more ability to spam in your direction until a random shell happens to hit you. Of course shot placement rules the roost, but more firepower is exactly that. There's not really a balancing aspect that makes semi-autos worse when you're firing lethal ammo. Every other game gimps semi-auto damage to make up.

Hmm, I wonder if Tarkov is going to simulate Saiga magazines deforming plastic shotgun hulls if they're left loaded too long, too...

Love this gun and I love what BSG has done with this weapon. It looks fantastic and highly detailed!

Looking forward to testing it out soon in the alpha!

On 2016-06-15 at 0:38 PM, TarkovEscaper said:

Name: Saiga 12K
Type: Smooth barrel semi-auto carbine
Country of origin: Russia
Produced: 1997 - current
Variants: "Saiga 12K isp. 10"
Caliber: 2x70, 12х76
Action: long-stroke gas piston
Feed system: box magazine
Customization: Muzzle device, handguard, rear sight, dust cover, magazine, pistol grip, charging handle, buttstock, mounts and rails for attachments

Smooth barrel semi-auto carbine based on AK series, which have many modifications for various tasks. Pretty popular in country of origin and outside of it, where people like to manage crazy modifications.

_5.jpg

_1.jpg

_4.jpg

_9.jpg

_10.jpg

_11.jpg

_12.jpg

_3.jpg

_6.jpg

_7.jpg

_8.jpg

5126916ec9a636f4af4e7a6f07e24293.png

muh dig :-D :DDD

12 hours ago, dr_cannibalism said:

Hmmm, never realised the Saiga was a smoothbore.

You only really fire slugs through a rifled shotgun, and generally special sabot slugs too.

Most shotguns have a smooth bore, with a device on the muzzle to exchange "chokes" that constrict the shot or add rifling.

On 8/8/2016 at 4:42 PM, dr_cannibalism said:

Yeah, but I would have figured Saiga were a rifled barrel so that could be done. I suppose you could just use rifled slugs though.

Most shotguns can quick-swap barrels for that reason, but not sure about the Saiga.

Rifled slugs aren't actually rifled to make them spin. The rifling lets them squeeze in through chokes. You need to use sabot slugs in a rifled barrel:

382-sabot-slug-cut-away.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 15.06.2016 at 8:48 PM, Drake38 said:

I hope you will add 12, 20, 30 round drum magazine.

043_crop-vi.jpg

686683_01_saiga_12_ak_47_side_folding_sh_640.jpg

eDhY5PC.jpg

It's a monster. I love it!

will there be a version of the SAIGA shotgun that is ribbed? i like the older versions that had that rib on it. and not the flat gas tube versions.