Sign in to follow this  
SpectreX

Scav vs Rogue Scav AI problem

In order to fix the current scav AI problem, I propose this:

I was just in a firefight with a player scav who had gone rogue, the AI scavs then started an engagement. I helped, hit the player scav and killed him; then was promptly shot by the AI scavs. It seems the AI has no way of determining who is friendly to them and who isnt, meaning that they just see scav vs scav and eliminate both ends of the problem.

The Karma system wouldnt fix this issue, before someone suggests it, because those scavs dont know me from a bar of soap. All they would do, is shoot me too because they have no information to suggest I'm friendly. I'm proposing that Rogue Scav players are marked so the AI can find them.

Perhaps the easiest way to solve this AI problem is to make it so the rogue scav is a marked man. All of the local scavs are notified (by radio or whatever) that there is a rogue nearby and he is kill on sight, meaning there would be a reward of rep (with scavs) + a monetary / item reward for protecting them. The rogue scav could be marked with an IR strobe, or perhaps change their skin like in DayZ or even just something simple like they have a red arm band or something that they gain on rogue status. There needs to be a marker or trigger, something both visual (for the player) and a code level implementation for the AI to scan for, to indicate a Rogue scav over a normal one.

After the AI problem is solved (which shouldnt be super difficult) by adding an AI routine, Karma, Good or Bad could be awarded for participation.

• Upvote 1

Am 30.10.2017 um 06:33 schrieb SpectreX:

I was just in a firefight with a player scav who had gone rogue, the AI scavs then started an engagement. I helped, hit the player scav and killed him; then was promptly shot by the AI scavs. It seems the AI has no way of determining who is friendly to them and who isnt, meaning that they just see scav vs scav and eliminate both ends of the problem.

Same with me, we need a fix for it! ! ! ! ! ! ! !