TheMojaveViper

Problems witht the overhauled health system

This is just my opinion comment if you agree or disagree no hate intended but i strongly dislike the new health system and much prefer the old health system. I know what this game is shooting to be but there is a fine line between realistic and annoyingly realistic and we play games to experience something we wouldn't normally get to do in real life as a source of entertainment, rant aside the new health system of being able to only heal one limb at a time makes sense but in situations where u take a round or two but kill your target then you have to sit there and heal one limb at a time bandage one limb at a time is time consuming and just annoying and yeah the running and healing multiple limbs at a time inst quite realistic but i think its a faster pasted meta to carry health kits on your hot bar just as another way of fighting off your opponent killing you making gunfights happen more often and less sitting around healing, honestly sitting and healing makes me feel like im loading a musket rifle in the civil war. and scavs that dont spawn with meds is annoying cause you spawn right near another one and take a round good luck finding meds its left up to RNG at med spawns at that point but thats an argument for another time, any-who leave your thoughts down below should the devs change it back or refine the old healing method or is it good like it is i know there is a lot of topics covering this idea and giving their thoughts but I just had this strong urge to make my own topic with my opinion cause this really just change a meta of the game and i don't believe for the best.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

I like the fact that you can only heal one limb at a time the med kit spam meta was annoying, I don't however like the fact that the med kits get used so fast.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Contractor001851 said:

Totally agree.   Between the Desync and this, im waiting a while before playing.  Its rubbing me the wrong way.

Yes i totally agree i know a lot of people are playing and i can argue the dev team said they had purchased a lot of servers some time ago and it still hasn't made a big difference i played a match where i waited 17 minutes for it to match me into customs mind u I have amazing internet and pc yada yada its nothing on my side being the issue, once i got it i would do the desync check (move an item in my inventory) and i waited no joke 5 mintues for it to move then when in a gun fight in the dorms my pistol started jakeing violently i couldn't aim it and i teleported upstairs which i had been there during that match so it couldn't have been rubber-banding or anything and pulse we have this health restore system i couldn't care for i recorded it all i thought for a funny youtube video on my channel however shadow-play recorded the game launcher the whole time i forgot to close it lol FML. anyway i wish there is a way we could postilion this alas this forum thread is about the end of our development power as customers.

1 hour ago, DreamHacker said:

I like the fact that you can only heal one limb at a time the med kit spam meta was annoying, I don't however like the fact that the med kits get used so fast.

i partially agree with you as you can obviously tell by my post of this topic i don't agree with you in the fact that the one limb healing is a good thing but i do agree with you that the med kits get used to up to fast and could make this healing overhaul a little less poo sorry for the language if they go back to the old med kit % usage balance they had.

• Sad 1

if everyone could up vote this or something that would be awesome i just want to spread the visibility of this topic as i think its something important that the devs need to address via a hotfix/small patch (no wipe). thanks to the 2 people that already up voted this topic and all future upvoteyes.

I disagree. One limb at a time.

Yes, slightly 'annoying' if you take a few rounds but this way it makes you think harder about just rushing into a fight knowing you can spam heal through it.

Much more balanced now

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dapps said:

I disagree. One limb at a time.

Yes, slightly 'annoying' if you take a few rounds but this way it makes you think harder about just rushing into a fight knowing you can spam heal through it.

Much more balanced now

I understand what your getting at however if i get into a gun fight take a few rounds kill the guy now I have to sit there and heal, which is annoying in itself but then someone else could get a cheeki kill on me while im healing yeah i could hide in a better spot or whatever but I still think its annoying but im glad there are people on both sides of this argument maybe there is a middle ground in development.

4 hours ago, TheMojaveViper said:

This is just my opinion comment if you agree or disagree no hate intended but i strongly dislike the new health system and much prefer the old health system. I know what this game is shooting to be but there is a fine line between realistic and annoyingly realistic and we play games to experience something we wouldn't normally get to do in real life as a source of entertainment, rant aside the new health system of being able to only heal one limb at a time makes sense but in situations where u take a round or two but kill your target then you have to sit there and heal one limb at a time bandage one limb at a time is time consuming and just annoying and yeah the running and healing multiple limbs at a time inst quite realistic but i think its a faster pasted meta to carry health kits on your hot bar just as another way of fighting off your opponent killing you making gunfights happen more often and less sitting around healing, honestly sitting and healing makes me feel like im loading a musket rifle in the civil war. and scavs that dont spawn with meds is annoying cause you spawn right near another one and take a round good luck finding meds its left up to RNG at med spawns at that point but thats an argument for another time, any-who leave your thoughts down below should the devs change it back or refine the old healing method or is it good like it is i know there is a lot of topics covering this idea and giving their thoughts but I just had this strong urge to make my own topic with my opinion cause this really just change a meta of the game and i don't believe for the best.

Yes, agreed. ESPECIALLY because you HAVE to heal limbs that are most severely hurt, which makes healing a lot more complicated in the heat of battle.

Personally, after getting used to it the medical system is better than the old one barring a few things: Medkits prioritize health over bleeding, should be the other way around, infact I would prefer if using medkit to heal was optional meaning you could only heal the bleeding and not increase health. Another thing is if you get shot in the low stomach, you are fucked. End of story. You will die of dehydration within a minute or two and there is nothing you can do about it. 

I think the desync and the wait times are server side issues, don't know how, but they royally screwed the pooch on that one. 

I'm sort of satisfied with the new scavs, few minor issues but they are fine for now.

Now if only they would redo the player scav spawns then scavs would be alright. 

1 minute ago, Pocketlite20 said:

Yes, agreed. ESPECIALLY because you HAVE to heal limbs that are most severely hurt, which makes healing a lot more complicated in the heat of battle.

Personally, I think they should further add some animation to healing, so you would have to stand/sit still and be unable to fire your weapon while doing it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, speo16 said:

Personally, after getting used to it the medical system is better than the old one barring a few things: Medkits prioritize health over bleeding, should be the other way around, infact I would prefer if using medkit to heal was optional meaning you could only heal the bleeding and not increase health. Another thing is if you get shot in the low stomach, you are fucked. End of story. You will die of dehydration within a minute or two and there is nothing you can do about it. 

I think the desync and the wait times are server side issues, don't know how, but they royally screwed the pooch on that one. 

I'm sort of satisfied with the new scavs, few minor issues but they are fine for now.

Now if only they would redo the player scav spawns then scavs would be alright. 

Personally, I think they should further add some animation to healing, so you would have to stand/sit still and be unable to fire your weapon while doing it.

I think you should be able to fire some one-handed weapons like the PP-91/9 Klin/Kedr series SMGs and other sidearms while you undergo the healing animation, so you at least have something to defend yourself.

You wait until the medical system is fully implemented; there will be animations and such for EVERY healing action. No more running and healing. It'll be even more realistic and slower. Personally, I am all for it.

Choosing when to engage an enemy is a crucial decision. If you engage in a bad position and take damage that is difficult for you to heal safely, then that is your mistake, or even bad luck, if you get ambushed.

Anything that allows for faster healing or button-mashing healing-on-the-fly (like it has atm) just allows for a more unrealistic combat experience and a more-COD style approach and gameplay. Not what I am looking for in Tarkov; there are other games for that type of play.

1 hour ago, tobiassolem said:

The changes are in line with the vision of the developers. 

Perhaps it's not the right game for you?

Screenshot_14.png

Also this +1

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Deadmode said:

You wait until the medical system is fully implemented; there will be animations and such for EVERY healing action. No more running and healing. It'll be even more realistic and slower. Personally, I am all for it.

Choosing when to engage an enemy is a crucial decision. If you engage in a bad position and take damage that is difficult for you to heal safely, then that is your mistake, or even bad luck, if you get ambushed.

Anything that allows for faster healing or button-mashing healing-on-the-fly (like it has atm) just allows for a more unrealistic combat experience and a more-COD style approach and gameplay. Not what I am looking for in Tarkov; there are other games for that type of play.

Also this +1

+1 from me 2.

only time i have had problems with the devs vision is this ridiculous halloween event. Such a thing has no place in a game like this. Only thing it did was increase desync, drop me around 20 frames (from 80 to 60) and increase que times from 9 min average to 16min average

vor 6 Stunden schrieb TheMojaveViper:

The system is not so bad but the implementat x2 dmg of all parts is the problem in my opinion 

3 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

The changes are in line with the vision of the developers. 

Perhaps it's not the right game for you?

Screenshot_14.png

realistic eh check out my video i posted this morning seems realistic to me lol

8 minutes ago, TheMojaveViper said:

realistic eh check out my video i posted this morning seems realistic to me lol

What has that clip got to do with the topic being discussed?

5 hours ago, Deadmode said:

What has that clip got to do with the topic being discussed?

just nit picking the whole realistic game play and we have bugs like that

SHORTCUTS FOR THE TRADER!!!!!!

I like the new system, healing one limb at a time. Firefights are much more danger and Covering is more important, also the blind fire function.

BUT: I NEED SHORTCUTS FOR THE TRADER!!!!!!
I dont go in a round without 2x painkillers, 2x AI, 2x Splints and min 2 bandages. I need to buy them almost every round (cause of dieing or using them). And THATS annoying. I have to click on the trader for every single item, then a click to change number of items, then fill money and then buy it. WHY? --> 5 Clicks per Item, 20 Clicks that makes a bad ux...

I wish a function where i can simply throw all items i need into a window and then buy them all together. You did the same when selling items. There i simply eed to throw all my items into that window and press sell items, thats it...

All in all i love it

SHORTCUTS FOR THE TRADER!!!!!! ;) 
SHORTCUTS FOR THE TRADER!!!!!! ;) 

Another way to improve the med system and still keep a good balance would maybe to be able to apply 2 med kits at once, or one higher tier med kit and one lower tier med kit/bandage/painkiller/splint. This would stop the spamming of meds but give you faster time to get back into the fight. Alongside this you shouldnt be able to move while medding, pretty much most FPS nowadays stop you healing if you move during the timer and tarkov really needs this. 

This way you would be able to heal quicker but not move whilst doing it, which in bridges the gap between reality and gameplay IMO!

19 hours ago, TheMojaveViper said:

but then someone else could get a cheeki kill on me while im healing

this is the risk you take

prior to the patch i noticed a lot of the gameplay, especially in factory, was just to run and spray whilst spamming heals.

i hope the tougher med system makes people think about combat rather than it just being a run n gun type of approach

9 hours ago, TheMojaveViper said:

just nit picking the whole realistic game play and we have bugs like that

You know bullets can go through walls and hit things on the other side, right?

12 minutes ago, SEADOGGO said:

Another way to improve the med system and still keep a good balance would maybe to be able to apply 2 med kits at once, or one higher tier med kit and one lower tier med kit/bandage/painkiller/splint. This would stop the spamming of meds but give you faster time to get back into the fight. Alongside this you shouldnt be able to move while medding, pretty much most FPS nowadays stop you healing if you move during the timer and tarkov really needs this. 

This way you would be able to heal quicker but not move whilst doing it, which in bridges the gap between reality and gameplay IMO!

Applying multiple medical items at once should not be included. There is no need for it. How can a human apply a bandage to one limb whilst splinting another? Remember, having to treat injuries is the punishment for getting shot. It means you have f****d up. You shouldn't be getting 'back into the fight' quicker. Treating your injuries is not guaranteed to save your life and it is supposed to be a major PITA.

If you are finding the medical system a chore, it's not the medical system that needs changing, it's the way you play the game, unfortunately. This is not a typical FPS, it's a hardcore sim in the making, so you need to treat it as such.

Also, animations and reduced mobility whilst healing has already been confirmed. What we have now with the progress bar is merely a placeholder mechanic. Soon there will be no healing-on-the-fly for anything. 

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb Deadmode:

Also, animations and reduced mobility whilst healing has already been confirmed. What we have now with the progress bar is merely a placeholder mechanic. Soon there will be no healing-on-the-fly for anything. 

Looking forward to this!

8 hours ago, Deadmode said:

Applying multiple medical items at once should not be included. There is no need for it. How can a human apply a bandage to one limb whilst splinting another? Remember, having to treat injuries is the punishment for getting shot. It means you have f****d up. You shouldn't be getting 'back into the fight' quicker. Treating your injuries is not guaranteed to save your life and it is supposed to be a major PITA.

If you are finding the medical system a chore, it's not the medical system that needs changing, it's the way you play the game, unfortunately. This is not a typical FPS, it's a hardcore sim in the making, so you need to treat it as such.

I think you failed to read or interpret my post correctly.

For a start, how can a human come back to life after dying on the battlefield? Great, we've established that you can do that in Tarkov, along with switching rapidly between multiple rifles and no scoping snipers like rambo. Regardless of how they continue to design Tarkov to be as realistic as possible it will ALWAYS BE A GAME, because that is what it is, along with a strong 'simulation' structure and hardcore design. As plenty of people have stated on this forum, some former military as well, that if it would actually be a point to point simulation of real combat no one would want to play it, real combat is very sparse and involves a lot of moving and waiting. So its safe to say that the design of this game is critical to making it both the most realistic and hardcore FPS (which without a doubt it already is in the current market) and also an challenging gaming experience which people will enjoy, as at the end of the day that is why the developers are passionate, because they enjoy hardcore FPS combat and want to create a game that does well by that genre.

If you had read my post instead of picking out one line and attacking it and me for 'finding the medical system a chore' which i never said, you would have noticed that i was actually calling to slow down the medical system even more by having it no healing whilst moving, which is the more addressable part to making it realistic than how many meds you can use at once. In reality medication isnt applied in a linear one after the other fashion, it is often layered and so a bandage/blood stopper would always be applied first along with pain relief, before other things are addressed, and these would sometimes be left to take effect whilst applying other forms of medication, it also wouldnt be as simple as just putting a couple of med kits on your leg and them magically working again.

And just to reiterate, in what world does someone take a bullet to the chest and leg and then miraculously start fighting straightaway after theyve applied it? They don't, they get medivaced and recover in hospital. So it is not a question of multiple bandages at once making it less realistic, it is a question of what works in the game for the style of GAME they are making, because if it really emulated real life you wouldnt be carrying on fighting and 2 IFAK's wouldnt heal you up for good.

I've played everything from Arma 2 to Project Reality to DayZ for years so i am perfectly educated in hardcore sims.

I was making suggestions and pointing out optional solutions to the current system which i dont have a problem with other than the stomach hits rendering you unhealable, so please, read what someone writes before trying to shut them down because you dont like people having an opinion different to yours.

EDIT: Also a lot of people on this forums seem to have a problem with claiming the game should be a certain way because that is 'Not what I am looking for in Tarkov' - well im sorry to break it to you, but the you are not the developer and the developer is the one who is making this game for them and the community, so they will decide how it can be played. Theres a lot people who seem to be very selfish with wanting it exactly in their style how they want to play, when in reality there are plenty of ways a hardcore mil sim tactical shooter can be played, as in real life.

Edited by SEADOGGO