TarkovEscaper

Tactical tomahawk

**Drool**

Hope to get one off someone so I can take it out with me, might keep it in my Secured Container.. Hm..

• Upvote 2

Aight, so we know what the Tomahawk looks like...

but what do the melee kills look like? Like is there a special animation for stealth takedowns, like in Battlefield? Also TLOU has some amazing takedown animations in multiplayer. 

Edited by Patfast

1 minute ago, Patfast said:

but what do the melee kills look like? Like is there a special animation for stealth takedowns, like in Battlefield?

I guess so.. Can we counter those animations as well @TarkovEscaper? Maybe some info about that?

Just now, Kwahamot said:

Holy mother of Tarkov

I want

LoL.. I knew you would like it so i summoned you like a Pokemon and stuff..

4 minutes ago, PachiiAxe said:

I guess so.. Can we counter those animations as well @TarkovEscaper? Maybe some info about that?

LoL.. I knew you would like it so i summoned you like a Pokemon and stuff..

If I am remembering correctly they will not have a counter melee system, only he will know or sure.

7 minutes ago, Patfast said:

but what do the melee kills look like? Like is there a special animation for stealth takedowns, like in Battlefield? Also TLOU has some amazing takedown animations in multiplayer. 

There are animation takedowns, they showed it in one of their first gameplay videos (I think the one on the homepage) it shows a knife take down quickly, pretty sure it was also confirmed by Dev's but TarkovEscaper may reply and answer.

26 minutes ago, Drakkaar said:

If I am remembering correctly they will not have a counter melee system, only he will know or sure.

There are animation takedowns, they showed it in one of their first gameplay videos (I think the one on the homepage) it shows a knife take down quickly, pretty sure it was also confirmed by Dev's but TarkovEscaper may reply and answer.

If he gets out of the Russian Forums obviously lol.. You say "he" like he is a god or something which is correct.. one of the many..

Edited by PachiiAxe

14 minutes ago, PachiiAxe said:

If he gets out of the Russian Forums obviously lol.. You say "he" like he is a god or something which is correct.. one of the many..

He isn't always in the Russian Forums. He mingles between the English and Russian forums. They are Russian after all...

I got to have two of those before I start running with the third one. lol

When you loss your first Tomahawk:

xD  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, TarkovEscaper said:

Yes, this is the tactical tomahawk which you get from Limited edition pre-order pack

Gerber Downrange Tomahawk

3.jpg

2.jpg

god damnit :) !! please tell me : ll this weapon does good damage ? ll it kill people in few hit or we gonna chomp for hours ? thx !!

Looks badass, can't wait to get my hands on mine.

2 hours ago, Patfast said:

Really hope there's no melee animation kills, i'm tired of watching the same boring stupid kill animations that repeat every single time when you melee, they get boring so fast.

Yeah, they look good, for your first 10 kills, after that? They get boring and annoying.

11 minutes ago, CloneWarrior85 said:

Looks badass, can't wait to get my hands on mine.

Really hope there's no melee animation kills, i'm tired of watching the same boring stupid kill animations that repeat every single time when you melee, they get boring so fast.

Yeah, they look good, for your first 10 kills, after that? They get boring and annoying.

10 kills? Bruh, it's not like this is COD where you're gonna run around, hacking away at people like it's nothing. This is a slow paced tactical shooter, melee kills will be extremely rare, and therefore I feel like they should have proper animations to suit.

I mean when you beat someone to death, would you prefer it look like this

call-of-duty.gif

or like THIS

giphy.gif

Edited by Patfast
  • Upvote 4

Just now, Patfast said:

10 kills? Bruh, it's not like this is COD where you're gonna run around, hacking away at people like it's nothing. This is a slow paced tactical shooter, melee kills will be extremely rare, and therefore I feel like they should have proper animations to suit.

I mean when you beat someone to death, would you prefer it look like this

call-of-duty.gif

or like THIS

https://media.giphy.com/media/ligGFYmw4vU9G/giphy.gif

True answer? Neither.

And please, read before sprouting something like that, i never said you'de melee kill 10 people in 1 match. I said you see the same boring animation over and over again.

But if you don't get tired of watching the same animations over and over again from BF, COD or any other generic game, good for you, personally, i hate those.

I'de rather there be no melee kill animations, just the classic swing of your knife/tomahawk, if you hit, you damage him, if you miss, he will be able to shoot your face or melee back.

And since you're said this is a tactical game, which let's be reminded that has a realistic bullet system, why would a small knife insta kill you, when a bullet won't?

But i'm really hoping there won't be, specially since the different melee weapons are going to have different stats, so i don't see how they're going to place kill aniumations

9 minutes ago, CloneWarrior85 said:

And since you're said this is a tactical game, which let's be reminded that has a realistic bullet system, why would a small knife insta kill you, when a bullet won't?

They wouldn't include melee weapons if there's no reason to use them. Trust me, BSG wouldn't offer a tomahawk as an incentive to buy a $140 package if it doesn't kill people.

17 minutes ago, Kiwuu said:

Goddamn, that looks awesome. Can't wait to use it. And also, being a STALKER fan, i have to say, nice avatar you've got there, @CloneWarrior85.

Protecting the sacred crystal all these years, seems to finally gonna pay off, hehe

16 minutes ago, Patfast said:

They wouldn't include melee weapons if there's no reason to use them. Trust me, BSG wouldn't offer a tomahawk as an incentive to buy a $140 package if it doesn't kill people.

There is a difference from the, sorry for the wording but, stupid melee kill animations, and effective melee weapons.

You ran out of bullets, you have to defend yourself now, i'de rather be forced to chop my enemy several times to survive, than to feel like a God and instantly kill him with 1 gorefied melee kill like on BF/COD/etc.

Anyway, everyone has different tastes, that's why we have different games and stuff out there. So... changing the subject a bit... i really dunno if i'de take that 100 bucks worth tomahawk out in the field, just to loose it in the first few minutes :P I'de keep it to show off to my friends xD i'm like.. i want to hold it.. but.. i'm kinda afraid of loosing it too xD

Edited by CloneWarrior85
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Patfast said:

You can get it without the 140$ package.

3 hours ago, Patfast said:

No you can't, it's exclusive to the $140 package. Take a look:

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/preorder-page

Yes you can.

It's an added bonus that you get it early but if you took time to read the FAQ, everything that is offered in the pre-order bonus' are obtainable in-game.

No where does it state 'Exclusive'

Screenshot_13.png

Edited by colourfultoasters