TarkovEscaper

Tactical tomahawk

2 minutes ago, colourfultoasters said:

Yes you can.

It's an added bonus that you get it early but if you took time to read the FAQ, everything that is offered in the pre-order bonus' are obtainable in-game.

No where does it state 'Exclusive'

Screenshot_13.png

Well I highly doubt they're just gonna put it in the inventory of all vendors, otherwise there'd be no purpose in including it in the package.

3 hours ago, Patfast said:

Well I highly doubt they're just gonna put it in the inventory of all vendors, otherwise there'd be no purpose in including it in the package.

Well I highly doubt a weeb knows what they're talking about. What the purpose of including extra ammo in pre-order packages when you can just buy more ammo from vendors?

Your points are therefore invalid.

• Upvote 1

Just now, colourfultoasters said:

Well I highly doubt a weeb knows what they're talking about. What the purpose of including extra ammo in pre-order packages when you can just buy more ammo from vendors?

Because ammo is standard issue, from what we've seen in the dev videos. You spawn (from what I can tell thus far) a pistol and a sufficient amount of ammo. You do not, however, spawn with a melee weapon, as melee weapons aren't standard issue.

Loving the ad hominem btw <3

52 minutes ago, Patfast said:

Because ammo is standard issue, from what we've seen in the dev videos. You spawn (from what I can tell thus far) a pistol and a sufficient amount of ammo. You do not, however, spawn with a melee weapon, as melee weapons aren't standard issue.

Although I agree with you, you do spawn with a knife.

2 minutes ago, TheOtherSlug said:

Although I agree with you, you do spawn with a knife.

I'm not sure if this counts as a Dev account or as a fresh spawn, but it would seem as though you're correct

hH7ItDI.jpg

Either way, mea culpa.

As a Knife/axe thrower in real life my question is.... can we throw it?

I think I know the answer to that. Still a man can dream, Imagine how awesome that would be.

Anyway excellent, look great.

Hey guys, @TarkovEscaper's own words

"Melee weapons
The melee weapon handling skill is upgraded by the successfully landed stabs and cuts.
Skill bonus provides enhanced swing strength and shorter delay before it.
The elite skill level will give a chance of dealing the opponent a fatal blow with a single stab and a chance to cause bleeding with any type of hit."

As we saw in the action trailer, there is a melee animation. Melee won't be common, since bullets are deadly enough, and melee hits will probable do more damage based on position of attacker and place hit (neck will be hyper deadly, while a leg or arm hit will simply be an aggravation), and the one shot skill bonus may be exclusive to a specific location, you won't one shot someone in the foot. If you do run out of ammo, you're probably gonna die, since this game will be relying on someone having the upper hand (surprise), don't get me wrong, skill does still play a major role though. But should you find yourself dry, hide, wait for them to lose interest, or scabs or something, and find more ammo. But if you look at it honestly, who's more likely to win, a guy with an AK-74, or a knife? My money is on AK.

If there is any more uncertainty, the topic is down below

What a wonderful surprise! Good job, devs! And I suppose more hawks are on the way? @TarkovEscaper

Two things to note though, 1. this hawk is actually more of a multipurpose tool by Gerber, short review from Recoil magazine; 2. it's 19'' long, meaning the hawk tends to be unbalanced when wielded single-handed, making it less ideal for actual "chopping people down". ;)

For a purpose-built tomahawk, I'd like to recommend the ATC Comanche Fighting Tomahawk-14'' Tacatical . Youtube review below. Now that's a fighting hawk to have in EFT. xD

13 hours ago, Patfast said:

12 hours ago, colourfultoasters said:

Yes, the Tomahawk is obtainable in game however, it is only obtainable by killing and looting an EOD member. That's why many EOD members have stated that it won't be leaving their stash or it'll be stored in a secured container.

• Upvote 2

Very nice,but can we get more info about melee combat or even a short video about it?

12 hours ago, Patfast said:

I'm not sure if this counts as a Dev account or as a fresh spawn, but it would seem as though you're correct

hH7ItDI.jpg

Either way, mea culpa.

Though the caracter have an Extrema Ratio knife wich is quite good quality and with some high price to it,i guess you spawn with some sort of less durable knife,or cheaper standard issue,if not,it would be more logic,this ER should be more rare.

The tomahawk should have the original owners name permanently engraved on it, for bragging rights you know. 

• Upvote 6

21 hours ago, Patfast said:

Again if it can be lost ingame, it can be taken by anyone.

Screenshot_14.png

1 hour ago, Enchalada said:

The tomahawk should have the original owners name permanently engraved on it, for bragging rights you know. 

+1 On this. 

Or at least in the description say who it was originally owned by. This would make a pretty neat and simple feature.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Enchalada said:

+1 because now that is an awesome idea. All right guys, you know the drill, it's time to send your daily political criminals to the gulag, so Stalin is pleased and reaches out with his mighty hand and make this happen.

2 hours ago, colourfultoasters said:

Screenshot_14.png

Welp, 2nd question/answer goes against the first one, says you can acquire partially, so perhaps the tomahawk and the backpacks can't be looted themselfs, and you won't loose them. Any dev answered this yet? or just speculations by the community?

4 hours ago, colourfultoasters said:

Screenshot_14.png

You can lose everything except the Unique secured container*, which is the only EoD exclusive/non-obtainable item. @CloneWarrior85

Edited by Frantic
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CloneWarrior85 said:

+1 because now that is an awesome idea. All right guys, you know the drill, it's time to send your daily political criminals to the gulag, so Stalin is pleased and reaches out with his mighty hand and make this happen.

Welp, 2nd question/answer goes against the first one, says you can acquire partially, so perhaps the tomahawk and the backpacks can't be looted themselfs, and you won't loose them. Any dev answered this yet? or just speculations by the community?

25 minutes ago, Frantic said:

You can lose everything except the Unique secured container*, which is the only EoD exclusive/non-obtainable item. @CloneWarrior85

And anything that is inside that secured container. 

4 hours ago, Kwahamot said:

And anything that is inside that secured container. 

Which you get it back from the vendor/menu. At least, that's the idea, right?

11 hours ago, CloneWarrior85 said:

Im pretty sure they said partially, referring to the stash, secured container, season pass, etc ... 

Edited by TheOtherSlug

7 hours ago, Kwahamot said:

I would assume so, or you never lose it and it stays with you forever.  It'll be one of those.

Your name is Tomahawk, backwards!

9 hours ago, Dex (Aust) said:

Very Nice - I hope the graphical level of injury that this will inflict is just as cool.:D

15fe_gerber_downrange_series_axe_in_hand

Can I chomp door, window box in the game with this weapon?