Colonel Twerkins

New Pistols: SR1M Gyrza & APS

1 hour ago, alex8xela said:

" Q: What about exclusives such as VAL mod.3 and TKPD?

A: VAL mod. 3 is essentially just a bodykit: handguard, shortened barrel, modified stock and grip. Nothing prevents players from customizing VAL to get mod. 3 eventually. Same thing with TKPD. Some traders might sell already already assembled options. "

:cannedmilk::cannedmilk::cannedmilk:B|

Thanks my dude! Going to show this my friends :)

I have some unpleasant memories of that thing from Contract Wars!

I really hope folding stocks and weapons having changing sizes is implemented before you add the APS though, because it'd be a bit silly if the pistol with silencer + stock is the same size as the base APS... kinda like the PB pistol with the drum still being 2x1.

On 13/11/2017 at 3:04 AM, Sushi said:

I have some unpleasant memories of that thing from Contract Wars!

I really hope folding stocks and weapons having changing sizes is implemented before you add the APS though, because it'd be a bit silly if the pistol with silencer + stock is the same size as the base APS... kinda like the PB pistol with the drum still being 2x1.

Really can't wait for these awesome pistols! It's like Christmas to me every time they announce new weapons or mods :)

• Like 1

So I thought why not do a break down of the pistols?

SR1M (Gyurza)

Is a pistol developed for special forces, under the program of R & D "Grach" by the designers TsNIItotmash PI Serdyukov and IV Belyaev. The pistol was designed to replace the APS used in the special forces of the law enforcement agencies. Requirements for tactical and technical characteristics included the possibility of sighting shots at a distance of up to 100 meters, defeating targets in personal protective equipment, the ability to disable vehicles and other unarmored equipment.

9x21mm Gyurza is a special armor penetrating round designed to defeat body armor at 100 meters If the bullet strikes an armored target, the sleeve is stripped away and the core penetrates alone. 

and will reportedly penetrate two 1.2 mm titanium plates, plus 30 layers of Kevlar, at 50 m 160 ft

4 Variants or 9x21mm Gyurza

SP-10 (7N29) - armor-piercing bullet with hardened steel core[2]

SP-11 (7N28) - standard FMJ bullet with lead core

SP-12 - low ricocheting, expanding bullet[3]

SP-13 (7BT3) - tracer AP bullet based on 7N29

APS:

Is an automatic pistol developed in the late 1940s and  early 1950s by designer I.Ya. Stechkinand adopted by the Armed Forces of the USSR in 1951 , simultaneously with Makarov's pistol. APS is designed for the arming of officerstaking direct part in hostilities, as well as for soldiers and sergeants of some special unit.

It utilises 9x18PM round the same calibre used by PM aka Makarov pistol.

A silent model APB with a silencer, developed in the early 1970's by the designer A. S. Nezhudov and adopted in service in 1972.

17 hours ago, MaejorRaskoln said:

So I thought why not do a break down of the pistols?

SR1M (Gyurza)

Is a pistol developed for special forces, under the program of R & D "Grach" by the designers TsNIItotmash PI Serdyukov and IV Belyaev. The pistol was designed to replace the APS used in the special forces of the law enforcement agencies. Requirements for tactical and technical characteristics included the possibility of sighting shots at a distance of up to 100 meters, defeating targets in personal protective equipment, the ability to disable vehicles and other unarmored equipment.

9x21mm Gyurza is a special armor penetrating round designed to defeat body armor at 100 meters If the bullet strikes an armored target, the sleeve is stripped away and the core penetrates alone. 

and will reportedly penetrate two 1.2 mm titanium plates, plus 30 layers of Kevlar, at 50 m 160 ft

4 Variants or 9x21mm Gyurza

SP-10 (7N29) - armor-piercing bullet with hardened steel core[2]

SP-11 (7N28) - standard FMJ bullet with lead core

SP-12 - low ricocheting, expanding bullet[3]

SP-13 (7BT3) - tracer AP bullet based on 7N29

APS:

Is an automatic pistol developed in the late 1940s and  early 1950s by designer I.Ya. Stechkinand adopted by the Armed Forces of the USSR in 1951 , simultaneously with Makarov's pistol. APS is designed for the arming of officerstaking direct part in hostilities, as well as for soldiers and sergeants of some special unit.

It utilises 9x18PM round the same calibre used by PM aka Makarov pistol.

A silent model APB with a silencer, developed in the early 1970's by the designer A. S. Nezhudov and adopted in service in 1972.

I'd love to see either of these since I often go out with just a handgun.

Still dying to see the Glock 17 though!

If the APS is released do you think I can have hope to see the OTs 33 Pernach ? Since it is the modern replacement for the APS ? I would kill to have it in game ahahah