The_Berg

How do you contend with poeple who have better gear than you?

2 minutes ago, CaptiveHat said:

its tarkov. dont rule out any options. do what you must for gear even if it means being a complete scumbag.

completely disagree. If you lower yourself to exit camp you are part of the toxic issue. If people stop suggesting it less people will do it. I will always rule it out, its such a low life scum of a thing to do.

• Upvote 1

I have almost never been killed by a sniper in this game. That being said, tt-pistols, the rest is left up to interpretation.

3 hours ago, jukeboxknox said:

completely disagree. If you lower yourself to exit camp you are part of the toxic issue. If people stop suggesting it less people will do it. I will always rule it out, its such a low life scum of a thing to do.

yeah but most places have more than one exit. so if you think you are going to get camped dont go there. most advanced players normally take the safest route out. especially on factory. most have the key to get out the other doors.
but if you are in a situation like he seems to be in  with no real good guns or money. then you need to do anything to get paid. also, its no different from camping a room with in the middle of the map. you open the door you die. 

I have killed alot of geared players to the point i run full gear in every raid now because i have alot. Even when fully geared i will never choose to go head to head with another person, i sneak around and wait for them to engage, stand still ( for a head shot) or start looting. A pistol bullet in the head will still always kill someone. It might take you 3minutes to flank him while walking slow, but if you kill him and extract its not a waste. 

1. If you don't aim to kill them, you can choose to avoid them. Just let them do their business. You can pick on whatever they left on the ground if your aim is to get some easy loot. 

2. I also stalk them sometimes, you can catch them off guard if you know what to do or just lucky. Now their fort and M4 are yours and you better run before their angry buddies kill you /jk Sometimes, the geared squads have a shoot out and you can have all the fun and very little risk to snatch something

3. You can try to grab a shotty from a dead scav and see if you can have their butts full of buck shots.

4. If they are heavily armored and in squad, you probably don't want to exit camp since you just waste a lot of time doing nothing 

5. Just don't engage them from the front and with distance since you basically gets outgunned. I do sometimes poke random shots at them and run before 3 RGD hit my cover.

6. Know your ammo and weapon. If your gun is not penetrating their body armor, go for head (if you can pen the helmet) or limbs for non-shotty

On 11/8/2017 at 8:09 PM, CaptiveHat said:

try doing fast runs with a tomahawk against scavs with shotguns. aim for the head. take the loot and get out. or every 30 minutes you play as a scav on customs then head straight for the exits and camp them and kill people exiting or just take the scav loot you get. its a slow(ish) process in the start but practice makes perfect.

You are everything wrong with this game

Am 8.11.2017 um 13:04 schrieb The_Berg:

How do you contend with poeple who have better gear than you? its hard to go up against snipers with pistols

Exit campers have no honor at all and are braindead cause they have no other idea then the cheapest one. 

All maps have so much opportunities how to manage certain situations. Solo against group, short range against long range etc..

When i have a pistol only i try to set an ambush at the middle gas station at customs as an example. But in my situation i would rush forward kill a scav get better weapon and so on.

Edited by SpeedyGonzales

On 11/9/2017 at 1:53 AM, jukeboxknox said:

It is not toxic. It is part of the game. You sound like you got wrecked by campers. I recommend that you try camping sometimes - there are 2 things that can happen: 

1. you can kill someone who is careless and get some gear
  2. you can learn how to handle exit campers

Both things are good for you, but second is better because you will then be able to take revenge on those who camped you :) 

Exit camping it's a viable tactic and it works too if u got time to spare and u are patient.
but i play since august, i never died from an ambush. there are tons of way to eliminate the risk of that.

Let me tell u a secret. Did u know that the metal red wall in factory main extration point it's actually not bullet proof? Just spray it before opening the doors and u will be rewarded with some easy loot.

8 minutes ago, PotatoWarriah said:

It is not toxic. It is part of the game. You sound like you got wrecked by campers. I recommend that you try camping sometimes - there are 2 things that can happen: 

1. you can kill someone who is careless and get some gear
  2. you can learn how to handle exit campers

Both things are good for you, but second is better because you will then be able to take revenge on those who camped you :) 

While that is true, I do hope the exit is slightly more open and no so much funnelling (like customs exits) so that both campers and those trying to extract can have way more fun instead of just dealing with static camping spot (such as the one down the gas station exit for customs)

Am 8.11.2017 um 13:19 schrieb MimS:

Try and sneak around, I got the drop on two fully geared players just because they ran though trees and bushes and I heard them. Try to get behind players too, listen out for gun shots and work around behind them. Have had so many good raids just from sneaking around. 

yes, when I am running around as "lone wolf" on customs that is the perfect tactic. Last raid I was only geared with pistol and a bag. I followed a 4 team bear squad which killed everything from mid large distance. Came out savely with 5 mins left. With a Saiga, AK plus magazines, armor and other nice stuff. Guess they were full. I had the chance to kill two who were looting while standing middle on the street. Guess they thought they were safe, but since I knew that the other two were there I didn`t try my luck. 

Edited by italianmarine
  • Like 1

vor 6 Minuten schrieb gear69:

Exit camping it's a viable tactic and it works too if u got time to spare and u are patient.
but i play since august, i never died from an ambush. there are tons of way to eliminate the risk of that.

Let me tell u a secret. Did u know that the metal red wall in factory main extration point it's actually not bullet proof? Just spray it before opening the doors and u will be rewarded with some easy loot.

Ok i´m most things with you, i can handle all exit campers on all maps except factory without a key. Cause you cant handle good exit campers in factory without flashbangs or better dooropening options its a fact. 

They are behind the blue container in the first exit room so you can penetrate the wall like you want and you will be stucked in the door opening animation and will be killed for sure, so whats your counter against that ?

I can tell you there is none and thats the thing why its lame ;). All others you can handle or you can counter but that exit camp strategy  without a fac. key no way.

Edited by SpeedyGonzales

Just now, Astolfo said:

While that is true, I do hope the exit is slightly more open and no so much funnelling (like customs exits) so that both campers and those trying to extract can have way more fun instead of just dealing with static camping spot (such as the one down the gas station exit for customs)

Well, customs have 3 exits. Anyone wanting to have PvP will actually take strategic position (or as some players will call it "camp") at some other place on map, depending on team size and situation. Camping extractions is mostly done by either single players or new/bad players who are afraid of real engagement and want to try to have element of surprise.

If you manage to kill someone in extraction - in most cases it will not be player with top tier gear, unless it is a scav/noob who found that gear. If it is player who is owner of gear then you will probably not live to extract with it.

1 minute ago, PotatoWarriah said:

Well, customs have 3 exits. Anyone wanting to have PvP will actually take strategic position (or as some players will call it "camp") at some other place on map, depending on team size and situation. Camping extractions is mostly done by either single players or new/bad players who are afraid of real engagement and want to try to have element of surprise.

If you manage to kill someone in extraction - in most cases it will not be player with top tier gear, unless it is a scav/noob who found that gear. If it is player who is owner of gear then you will probably not live to extract with it.

Nah i am not having problems with campers. Just the exit camp is not really fun. Custom exits in general you can just either throw a nade down/force yourself if you got fort armor vs crappy guns if they are hiding at the bottom of the stairs for the extract or getting kinda screwed if you are under geared. Not impossible to get my ass out of there if I am outgunned. Just would love to see future map design have more consideration about how people can fight around/in a bigger exit area.

9 minutes ago, SpeedyGonzales said:

Ok i most with you i can handle all exit campers on all maps except factory without a key. Cause you cant handle good exit campers in factory without flashbangs or better dooropening options its a fact. 

They are behind the blue container in the first exit room so you can penetrate the wall like you want and you will be stucked in the door opening animation and will be killed for sure, so whats your counter against that ?

I can tell you there is none and thats the thing why its lame ;). All others you can handle or you can counter but that exit camp strategy  without a fac. key no way.

While above is 100% true, Tarkov is all about strategy. If you are in Tarkov without a team and without a Factory key - going into Factory is a bad strategy to begin with. You will probably not even live to the extraction. Again - camping public exit is poor man's "strategy" as he will almost never get any expensive gear there, either he will be rolled over by a team, or, the gear will exit map on other extractions.

First off i play in teams and solo i like it both ;), its only a other playstyle , no must for one or the other when you know what you are doing ;).

Thats not the problem in my eyes the problem is only the door opening mechanic, this poo has nothing to do with tactics and strategy in my eyes cause thats another topic. The only prob. that you cant open doors from the side etc.,  there should be more ways to open doors, middel like it is and left or right where you give the door camper no profile like it is possible in real ;).

And i never needed fac. key when you play smart and good you dont need that overhyped key anyways, yeah it makes things easier but when your only strategy is based on this key you are lost anyways ;). There are so many different efficient tactics strategys.

So thats why i think its the only really lame exit camp in this game.

To the thread starter the key to success is map knowledge, thats all you need and you can handle many different situations. Try out pve learn think about the map.

Edited by SpeedyGonzales

В 11/8/2017 в 15:24, Deadmode сказал:

Think about how you would approach situations if you were there IRL. Sniper overlooking a route you want to take? Take a different route. Spot a geared guy in dorms? Either avoid dorms until he's gone or plan an ambush. Survival and success in EFT is about being proactive and not reactive whilst preparing and adapting to the situations you are faced with.

It's work fine until the situation arise where you cannot do anything. Like Forest exit camping. You can adapt, you can wait, you can sneak around, you can try to take alternative routs. But in the end you'll be forced into situations like this. Lately i just play the map normally, loot as much as i can, drop main weapon in a bush and run toward exit hoping there will be no campers this time.

I tried sneaking (grass not rendering on distances don't help with it), tried scouting exit with PSO for 10+ minutes. Tried taking different routes - shore, SCAV hut, even directly on the road waggling like crazy - nothing help. Usually it's either normal exit or 2 silent hits in the chest and i'm dead. In rare situations where there is guy or squad camping normally around rocks i'm actually happy - at least i saw who killed me and managed to put some resistance before dying. 

19 minutes ago, SpeedyGonzales said:

Thats not the problem in my eyes the problem is only the door opening mechanic, this poo has nothing to do with tactics and strategy in my eyes cause thats another topic. The only prob. that you cant open doors from the side etc.,  there should be more ways to open doors, middel like it is and left or right where you give the door camper no profile like it is possible in real

Agreed. They did add some improvements to that, at one moment there was possible to open door from the side, but it could happen that your arm looks really too long so they must have disabled it again. However, this will certainly be in as it could have been seen in teaser videos, and you can also see options to throw flash or normal grenade (which are still disabled) on doors. Once flash grenades are in, camping in close quarters will become part of history.

Honestly as someone who has been playing since day 2 its actually pretty easy to kill people who are much better equipped than you but you need to have something else on your side if you don't have the gear and that's map knowledge. 

So many people play this map on a linear level just looking to hide behind trees and under bushes find the spots that give you a height advantage or additional cover. Learn the most traveled routes and find bottlenecks so you are in a position to kill a team of 3 geared guys with you Vepr.

vor 19 Minuten schrieb PotatoWarriah:

Agreed. They did add some improvements to that, at one moment there was possible to open door from the side, but it could happen that your arm looks really too long so they must have disabled it again. However, this will certainly be in as it could have been seen in teaser videos, and you can also see options to throw flash or normal grenade (which are still disabled) on doors. Once flash grenades are in, camping in close quarters will become part of history.

Now we speak the same language ;), only joking buts thats what i`m up for, cant wait for this poo (s h i t ) ;).

Yeah they should do it so that your arm isnt involed in the whole animation, only that you push it that the door moves from alone.

Edited by SpeedyGonzales

1 hour ago, SpeedyGonzales said:

Ok i´m most things with you, i can handle all exit campers on all maps except factory without a key. Cause you cant handle good exit campers in factory without flashbangs or better dooropening options its a fact. 

granade? prefire? i usually go with prefire becouse dont wanna waste a nade..

33 minutes ago, gear69 said:

i usually go with prefire becouse dont wanna waste a nade..

or now blind fire even before prefire :)