ISweepy

Scav on Scav violence

Why can't you pick on the PMCs instead of random Scavs, watching a guy on shoreline camp the beach near lighthouse exit just killing everything that moves AI or otherwise as a Scav yet hardly any PMCs died there. Kinda rude my dude.

They are probably new players who you're finding, they don't know much about the game other than to shoot at anything that moves. Sometimes killing scavs is beneficial however, especially when player scavs could possibly steal your loot.

For the time being you just have to accept that the meta is the way it is currently. If you get some good gear that you don't want to lose while playing as a scav and come across another player scav, you will find yourself having the exact same thoughts they do, and it may be in your best interest to kill them in order to keep your gear.

Edited by THALL
  • Upvote 1

Because, the developers haven't quite figured out exactly how they want to tackle SCAVs. It's pretty obvious that the reason we see so many issues with SCAV on SCAV violence is because people are using their SCAV runs to grid document cases and keys -- due to their close proximity and spawn location. As example, running Customs, If you are a player who is trying to acquire these items, there are nearly three probable spawn locations for Factory Key. Most of these locations are accessible without even walking past NPCs (If you are lucky enough to spawn in near the exit). Therefore, there is no point not to kill SCAVs. NPC's don't post a threat because they're not near extraction and other players might have looted the key you're looking for. Common sense should make a fix to this issue clear, but only time will tell. 

I see Scavs I usually try to ignore them, to be fair I am not exactly losing anything persay in a Scav run. It just seems silly to KOS Scavs as a Scav considering the amount of aggro you will generate with the AI Scavs

I was just recently in a match with 3 friendly scavs and 2 AI scavs holding a line at customs :) We spotted one another with the wiggle.  I died to a PMC though but I imagine the shotgun blast to his chest didn't do him well for the rest of the raid.

Enough with this scav on scav whinning.
There are really enough posts with it already.
Some runs another player scav KOSs you on spawn, in the next run you get some good  loot. 
Just don't care about it!  it's a free no risk run  with free loot.
You can't pretend that new players don't kill you to get some loot.
Even with karma system a new player would still kill you for a free mp-153 because he needs it or whatever.

Do you all really need scav rounds so bad to get some good gear? I would rethink my playstyle then

Edited by DnZ1

It's stupid really you know that at least 4 people can leave the whole raid fully geared if you just kill pmc's or loot there dead bodies and bounce. short sided morons that KOS as a scav don't realize you can't loot the whole damn raid.... but since people kos because others kos becuase of people kos....

Edited by Highlen

On 11/8/2017 at 11:24 AM, HoundDogZA said:

I was just recently in a match with 3 friendly scavs and 2 AI scavs holding a line at customs :) We spotted one another with the wiggle.  I died to a PMC though but I imagine the shotgun blast to his chest didn't do him well for the rest of the raid.

See that what I would like to see more scav players actually killing pmc or at least making there life hard along with the npc scavs everyone wins if you play that way. 

for the other people if you want to kos so bad as a scav man up and play your main PMC.

• Upvote 1

The biggest problem with Scav players is not the killing of others scav's but the no points for it if you think about it killing other Scav's nets you what a pistol and ammo oh so cool I just made 12000 @ I'm so rich now I can get that M4 I so need oh wait what  no points wtf  no level up for my venders . And the lack oh AI scav's who "know" we are both player Scav's so its ok for them to kill each other fix the program Battle front so if a Player Scav is killed the AI attack the killer its only fair.

• Confused 1

On 12/11/2017 at 12:15 AM, Highlen said:

for the other people if you want to kos so bad as a scav man up and play your main PMC.

This, quoted for truth

They should put a heavy cool down on scavs... If you kill a fellow scav the cool down is much much longer, 2 hours etc. Will make people think twice about killing scavs. 

You would need to pick killing that scav with fort and a heavy cool down or leaving him and killing PMC with fort. Would make the idiot players who kos as you spawn for a pistol think twice.  

6 minutes ago, MimS said:

They should put a heavy cool down on scavs... If you kill a fellow scav the cool down is much much longer, 2 hours etc. Will make people think twice about killing scavs. 

You would need to pick killing that scav with fort and a heavy cool down or leaving him and killing PMC with fort. Would make the idiot players who kos as you spawn for a pistol think twice.  

Longer i would say, 4 hours minimum

Just now, MrBluePlaydoh said:

Longer i would say, 4 hours minimum

Yea, 2 hours was an example. Maybe first time kos 2 hours then do it again 4 hours and so on. :)

I did have a really good run with a player scav, we waiting at checkpoint on customs, killed a pmc, I got shot up so gave him all my gear and went off to find meds. There are some good ones left! <3 

Scav violence has already been discussed and answered, this thread is in violation of forum rule 3. 

This issue will be handled in due time with implementation of the karma system, and better workouts of scavs attacking you for scav violence

• Upvote 1