chroner

Scavs SHOULD NOT be allowed

Scavs should not be allowed to pick up items that spawn into the map aside from bandages and other health related usables. There's no reason that someone can spawn into customs grab a poo load of loot and exit before and pmc's arrive. I think that when you choose to play your scav that it should be more so your mission to stop pmc's from escaping and taking their gear out with you. The current system of "let me play my scav and try rushing for factory key / doc case spawns" is really outdated and needs to be changed.

Easier solution would be for scavs to be forced to exit at the other end of the map (where pmc spawn). 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Forien said:

Easier solution would be for scavs to be forced to exit at the other end of the map (where pmc spawn). 

Dude that is a Legit good idea. 

• Upvote 1

If im correct they are considering implementing different extractions for player scavs to create even more pvp and to prevent exactly what you said (getting all the loot and running away)

15 hours ago, Forien said:

dude... thats actually a good idea

• Thanks 1

As some people here have mentioned, I believe in future SCAVs will have different extraction points. It's been known by the devs for a long time that there is the issue of SCAVs just spawning in and extracting right away, which will be addressed.

15 minutes ago, Mastrsgt said:

dude... thats actually a good idea

I like to think that I have good ideas :D 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chroner said:

Scavs should not be allowed to pick up items

So how would you make that happen? Loot police stopping them? :)

Having a mechanic that stopped them would make zero sense in this game.

• Hot 1

That's right, stop the Scav's being able to scavenge. It doesn't make much sense there considering that's what they're named after. Now, limiting the sources may be an idea, i.e. unable to access the military loot boxes, but in general? No.

Forien may be onto something, though, it sounds like a brilliant idea. It'll help limit those who do the Scav run-throughs just to get an extra gun.

15 hours ago, chroner said:

There's no reason that someone can spawn into customs grab a poo load of loot and exit before and pmc's arrive. 

???

Player Scavs come in 10+ minutes later than players... usually anyways. :bewhink: I spawn into Customs and get shot in the ass looting the couch scav in the glass factory. :bedizzy: It just makes those times when you wiggle and the 2 of you wreck shop super special, and gives more real value to the "to the guy at..." thread.

My only real issue with Scavs at the moment is player scav spawn kills, and people pretending to be AI so you dont pay attention to them and they shoot you in the back.

People rush keys/rare loot/weapon spawns as pmc's, particularly as hatchlings... no argument there.

People also complain about Player Scavs waving and then shooting you in the back, pmc's do that too.

Scav raids are super useful to those struggling folks like me, who end up with no weapons or money semi-regularly, and who dont want to be a hatchling. :begood:

9 hours ago, rocketjockeyr6 said:

Player Scavs come in 10+ minutes later than players... usually anyways. 

I really often spawn into customs after 1 minut or 2 minutes after game starts. This, plus the fact that no scav ai will aggro on me means I could rush to best spots and leave before PMC catch up on me. 

On 11/9/2017 at 11:23 AM, Forien said:

Yeah but then pmcs with fort and m4 will just camp the scav extract

On 11/8/2017 at 9:23 PM, Forien said:

I peed a little reading this......GREAT IDEA!

27 minutes ago, SpeedWeed88 said:

Yeah but then pmcs with fort and m4 will just camp the scav extract

yes, because PMC with fort and m4 prefer to wait 30-40 minutes for a few scavs with Grachs and MP-133s than to go and hunt other PMCs...

On 11/8/2017 at 11:45 PM, _Slax said:

i imagine a clusterfuck battlefield in the middle of the map and exit camping..oh well..

You still have the raid timer, so eventually the campers would have to break and head for the other side of the map. If you go AWOL you lose all of your gear whether it's insured or not. So the last 5-10 minutes of the raid would be utter chaos as both sides tried to scramble for an extraction point.

Camping mostly benefiets Scavs right now because the PMC's have to go through their spawn areas to extract, which means they're more likely to be the ones camping and setting up ambushes. What Forien said about moving the Scav extraction to the other side of the map is a great solution to the problem orignially presented. It's even better since the Scav's don't have a container and are forced to keep their valuable gear safe from others, if they have to goto the other side of the map it would give the PMC's a chance to recover the loot.

Edited by Droopysilentdj
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Forien said:

I really often spawn into customs after 1 minut or 2 minutes after game starts. This, plus the fact that no scav ai will aggro on me means I could rush to best spots and leave before PMC catch up on me. 

Its crazy how different most peoples experience is to mine...

Ive never once spawned into a Scav raid sooner than maybe 7 minutes past the start. And thats only ever at Factory. Big maps Im always 10-15 min late, which is appropriate IMO, a Scav prolly wouldnt rush an active battlefield, he'd chill until things quieted down a bit.

And when I stop at places like where the factory key is, theres always a P-Scav waiting to give me a bullet.

I hardly Scav at Customs any more because of it.

On 9-11-2017 at 4:23 AM, Forien said:

No, that would cause campers on both sides, and it would turn this game into a team deathmatch mode.  And you will get a basecamping sniperfest :D Bad idea, I hope they won't do this.

25 minutes ago, Slice-NL said:

No, that would cause campers on both sides,

Firstly, geared PMC has little to gain, much to loose by camping. Secondly, they both will eventually need to move to the other side of the map, as they can't exit where they camp.

26 minutes ago, Slice-NL said:

it would turn this game into a team deathmatch mode

It's another reason why it's a good idea. This game will be eventually BEAR vs USEC vs SCAV.

Just now, Forien said:

Firstly, geared PMC has little to gain, much to loose by camping. Secondly, they both will eventually need to move to the other side of the map, as they can't exit where they camp.

It's another reason why it's a good idea. This game will be eventually BEAR vs USEC vs SCAV.

When there is BEAR VS USEC vs SCAV it might work, but not right now.

Yeah, but right now it's rather free for all. Bears killing bears, usec killing usec. Not even mentioning scavs.

I can wait for the BEAR vs USEC vs SCAV days, I enjoy the free for all, because I know right now anything that moves I can shoot it. Pesky bush Scavs are everywhere.
As for the Scavs having to loot and escape on to the other side of the map, I do not agree with, but I do agree that it should not be where they start also. It should be easy enough for people like rocketjockeyr6 who have lost almost everything and want to try to get some decent gear. With that said it should be difficult enough also that p-scavs who run to get rare loot will have to fight to get out.

I trust the devs will figure out a good solution to this, as of right now they have not made any choices that I whole heartily disagree with, maybe things I don't like, but none the less nothing I hate. As for now, just try to enjoy the game and kill all the damn scavs you see.

• Upvote 1