Sign in to follow this  
Cilutan

Most successfull gear setup so far (surprisingly..?)

I've had runs with armor and fully modded rifles, died horribly, rinse, repeat, absolutely horrible raids time after time. Then I had a scav run with THAT gun. That broken ass gun, and I made it out with some gear and just decided to keep running with it, and guess what..? Those runs were my most successfull raids so far x'D Granted, I haven't played very much (don't have time/energy to play a lot), but I was at roughly 1/20 success-rate until I started running with this. This has gotten me modded MP5SD's, modded Saigas, armor, finished a few tasks and so on. Killed and looted a few quite heavily geared guys with this. Isn't this game just wonderful? ^_^

Posting this just as a fun fact and maybe as an inspirational. Doesn't matter how bad things get for you if you're on a bad luck streak, these things actually happen <3 Keep at it!!

Skärmbild_(1).png

Edited by Cilutan
Corrected mistake
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Akm is love akm is life. Doesnt matter civilian or military. Basic design with a powerfull bullets thats something everyone must fear (5 shots to a fort guy and he lays on the floor.)

+1 for u mate.

When you go in raid like that you play more for fun and relaxed knowing that if you die you will not lose much

• Like 4

Up until a few days ago I was going into raids with only a hatchet. Started going factory with pistols and I’m constantly getting veprs and shotguns. Just now I got a factory key on my scav run and I’ve only tried farming it for 30 minutes

32 minutes ago, Exoskeleton1 said:

Akm is love akm is life. Doesnt matter civilian or military. Basic design with a powerfull bullets thats something everyone must fear (5 shots to a fort guy and he lays on the floor.)

+1 for u mate.

I don't just mean the AKM Vepr tho, I mean that exact rifle, Doesn't even have a stock on it, or a dust cover ;P Recoil is horrible and it sways all over the place when I aim, but It gets me kills and loot :D

Thanks mate! :D

33 minutes ago, Pts_este said:

When you go in raid like that you play more for fun and relaxed knowing that if you die you will not lose much

Maybe so, but now I have gotten emotionally attached to the bastard! I would be so sad if I lost it, even if it's missing a few parts and feels like fireing cannonballs with a BB gun :P

4 minutes ago, Cilutan said:

Maybe so, but now I have gotten emotionally attached to the bastard! I would be so sad if I lost it, even if it's missing a few parts and feels like fireing cannonballs with a BB gun :P

You will get it back from insurance :) It looks so horrible that players will throw it away for any shotgun or saiga from other corpses :)

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Cilutan said:

I don't just mean the AKM Vepr tho, I mean that exact rifle, Doesn't even have a stock on it, or a dust cover ;P Recoil is horrible and it sways all over the place when I aim, but It gets me kills and loot :D

Thanks mate! :D

Its a rusian beauty. It doesnt need fancy parts to kill.just a barrel a bullet and a trigger :D

On 2017-11-10 at 11:50 AM, PotatoWarriah said:

You will get it back from insurance :) It looks so horrible that players will throw it away for any shotgun or saiga from other corpses :)

VERY true, I did not think of that, haha! xD When someone actually manages to kill me holding this, I will happily picture their disappointment when they loot my corpse x'D

2 hours ago, CaptiveHat said:

whats the unknown key for?

ive played since jan. and have never found that key

Looted from a corpse in customs and is used on a quest.

• Like 1

Some of my scav runs with pistols have ended better than full kit runs. It's a topsy-turvy world we live in when you spend a day in Tarkov.

My best run is a AKS74U run with 3M armor and no helmet...but on average the best runs are hatchets somehow as long as I pick up a gun. Somehow bringing my own guns means I spawned closed to fully geared squad...

On 10/11/2017 at 10:08 AM, Exoskeleton1 said:

+1 for u mate.

Would help if there was an updated guide for the bullets

1 minute ago, MrBluePlaydoh said:

Would help if there was an updated guide for the bullets

Well right now ps is a bullet for all types. Hp is highly adviced for factory runs. US version is totaly useless. There is bs bullet but very rare. And t45 tracer is almost same as ps

2 minutes ago, Exoskeleton1 said:

Well right now ps is a bullet for all types. Hp is highly adviced for factory runs. US version is totaly useless. There is bs bullet but very rare. And t45 tracer is almost same as ps

according to the wiki US does most damage?

1 minute ago, MrBluePlaydoh said:

according to the wiki US does most damage?

HP does the most damage and all thr bullets has almost same penetration. So just take hp bullets its the king now.

Screenshot_2017-11-13-11-47-08.png

On 11/10/2017 at 10:08 AM, Exoskeleton1 said:

+1 for u mate.

I shot a fort guy 3 times and he fell.

Fist shot hit his armor, second shot penetrated his helmet, third shot went high. Sometimes the recoil works in your favor :-)

• Hot 1

https://tarkovballistics.blogspot.com.tr/2017/10/762x39-366-ballistics-sheet-v040580.html?m=1

Here is the link

2 minutes ago, Kmieciu said:

I shot a fort guy 3 times and he fell.

Fist shot hit his armor, second shot penetrated his helmet, third shot went high. Sometimes the recoil works in your favor :-)

I know right :D

Akm in factory at auto without aiming rekts everything it hits.

US ammo is great because it does not make any sound in flight. When using a suppressor, you can actually hear the bullet hitting the flesh of your enemy.

Anyone who ever used AS VAL knows that sound.

5 minutes ago, Kmieciu said:

US ammo is great because it does not make any sound in flight. When using a suppressor, you can actually hear the bullet hitting the flesh of your enemy.

Anyone who ever used AS VAL knows that sound.

But its bullet drop is so low that even the as val is has better bullet drop. My advice is hp. No body cares much about the bullet flight sound on factory. And in customs / woods / shoreline us bullet will get you killed. You have to know the bullet drop u gonna mess with. It needs practice. Thats my advice but try it your way and get experience. You will see what i mean.

Just now, MrBluePlaydoh said:

Whats the 3 and 104 damage columns? what one do we look at for most damage?

It is damages at 3m to 103m.

3M is close range damages

103 is mid to long range damages.

3 minutes ago, Exoskeleton1 said:

But its bullet drop is so low that even the as val is has better bullet drop. My advice is hp. No body cares much about the bullet flight sound on factory. And in customs / woods / shoreline us bullet will get you killed. You have to know the bullet drop u gonna mess with. It needs practice. Thats my advice but try it your way and get experience. You will see what i mean.

It is damages at 3m to 103m.

Thanks mate, is there blogs for all the ammo types? i see there is some more links on that page you linked but thats not all the ammo in the game?

Tke it the higher % on the drop off the quicker the bullet starts to drop?

9 minutes ago, Exoskeleton1 said:

Val ammo used to be bugged before patch because it never slowed down. That made the bullet drop less than it should be.

After the patch, it seems to be have been fixed and it matches the trajectory of 5.45US and 7.62 US very well.

When I play solo, I want to be as stealthy as possible. And shooting supersonic rounds is a dead giveaway. The very moment I hear the bullet cracks near me, I pop a painkiller and run.

US ammo requires more skill to use, because you actually need to account for bullet drop, but I had whole teams confused not knowing where I am. I took the first guy out and the other were spinning around searching for me. I bet they were screaming hacker in VOIP. It's very satisfying. And many times cheaper than using 9x39mm SP-5.

Edited by Kmieciu
  • Like 1