Almac

Player scavs killing player scavs

Literally the only thing I use my scav cooldowns on is to check factory key/weapon spawns and pmcs if i get a really good situational spawn. Everyone else tho seems to think the advantage of spawning on the other side of the map and having scavs on your side is to exit with half an ak74u as fast as possible. Anyone else find this puzzling... its a simple concept but people really don't seem to get it.

Currently there is no punishment for killing other player scavs (apart from NPCs scavs shooting at you), in the future there will be a Karma system which will penalise those types of players, for now do not trust anyone!

Edited by DrBloom

Yeah I get that but my point is that there doesn't even need to be a karma system... My point is that theres very little to gain from killing another player scav just to loot his poo gear and bug out. It's basically griefing since nobody gets out with a notable amount of gear and both players lose their scav cd.

11 minutes ago, DrBloom said:

Currently there is no punishment for killing other player scavs (apart from NPCs scavs shooting at you), in the future there will be a Karma system which will penalise those types of players, for now do not trust anyone!

Yeah, its tough to trust. But those few and far between moments when 2 people wiggle, and go on to Rekk Shtuff... so precious. :begood:

What kills me about the current system; player scav shoots me, I kill player scav, AI scav kills me 15 minutes later(after next spawn wave) while Im hips deep in a loot crate. :bemaybe: Thats what I do with my scav runs... scavenge. I try my best to avoid conflict, and come in after to pick up whats left. Mostly Factory, Ive noticed a better body/loot ratio there. Ive had a few raids where there was an abvious 3-4 man crew; theres no possible way one person could empty so many bodies. :bewhink:  And Ive had just a couple where its just loot/packs galore. 

Some player SCAVS do not have time to hunt PMCs as it does not give EXP. They just kill anyone to get a couple of rifles and a pistol and get back to EXP farming. Other player SCAVs know about this and kill player SCAVs to eliminate this danger. Only a few player SCAVs do not realize the danger of other player SCAVs and do not kill them when it is safe.

Doubt that karma will change this natural human behavior. However I personally think joining forces with other scavs to attack PMCs is more fun.

Edited by ataros

C'mon guys there is a new post complaining about scav violence almost every day.

The wikia about scav is clearly saying: 

Scavs (or Scavengers) are Tarkov locals who stayed behind despite the conflict, looking to improve their fortunes by any means, even at the expense of others

Meaning that all kinds of Player Scav exist, including the one who would kill you for a PM and a pack of cigarettes, the one willing to cooperate, the lone wolf and so on... But unfortunately, so far, the majority of the players are the first kind and the other ones who wanted to cooperate and are now fed up to get shot after 10 secs in the raid start to turn into scav killer as well to avoid dying quickly.

In conclusion not sure the Karma system will change something about that, only the players can change it if they want it but so far they don't 

• Upvote 1

I personally think the karma system will help boil some of those people out.  Take DayZ as an example (overused example) they had a karma system and it worked.  You saw a hero skin person you knew he was friendly you saw a bandit skin you knew to stay away.:cannedmilk:

Starving ex-civ?

Scum of the earth persisting in a warzone when all the peacible types have left?

Untrained and overtired average joes paranoid for fear of their lives shooting everyone that moves?

I am full on board with very harsh punishment for player scavs killing player scavs.
here is what i think should be done.
if you are a player scav and kill an AI scav. nothing should happen. they are just AI. 
If you are a Player scav and kill another player scav. you should get a time cool down that resets every 24 hours.

so kill one, punished for an hour and a half wait time.
kill two, punished for 3 hours.
kill 3 punished for 6 hours. then 12 and so on.
up to 3 days or so.
and also leave the AI attacking you in there too.
(all of this would have to occur within a 24 period.)

this would really stop or at least slow it down dramatically. i get killing an AI scav and getting some fort armor or a helm. and facing AI shooting at you. thats fine. but player on player is really freaking annoying even after both do the friendly dance.

I agree that the scav on scav violence is actually how it should be.  I don't think any punishment should be employed if a player scav kills any other scav, player or AI. It's the chance you take going in and trying pull out some loot... another player might see the pilgrim you are trying to extract and say "Hey, bet they have something in that..." and try and take it.  

I do think that it is kind of odd that the AI scav's are always cool with the other scav's... I think it would be kind of fun to add AI scav on scav violence.  Just imagine walking up to a group of AI scav's and seeing one of them turn on the others after some arguing or something... LOL!  I think that would fit in with the player on player scav issue.

I don't care about being shot by scav player, I killed many scav palyers before.

The real problem that came up with this update is being shot by NPC scavs EVERYTIME you shot player scav. 

Numerous times was i shot at by player scav managed to defend myself and die from sudden NPC hate nevermind the fact i was shot at first and defending myself.

This needs to be changed!

Edited by lizakk

4 hours ago, lizakk said:

I don't care about being shot by scav player, I killed many scav palyers before.

The real problem that came up with this update is being shot by NPC scavs EVERYTIME you shot player scav. 

Numerous times was i shot at by player scav managed to defend myself and die from sudden NPC hate nevermind the fact i was shot at first and defending myself.

This needs to be changed!

And also getting spawn camp as scav...My shortest raid was like 3s. I barely has enough time to bind my med on hotkey

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, ArkusTheOne said:

I agree that the scav on scav violence is actually how it should be.  I don't think any punishment should be employed if a player scav kills any other scav, player or AI. It's the chance you take going in and trying pull out some loot... another player might see the pilgrim you are trying to extract and say "Hey, bet they have something in that..." and try and take it.  

I do think that it is kind of odd that the AI scav's are always cool with the other scav's... I think it would be kind of fun to add AI scav on scav violence.  Just imagine walking up to a group of AI scav's and seeing one of them turn on the others after some arguing or something... LOL!  I think that would fit in with the player on player scav issue.

What you are forgeting is that the scavs are in the game to present a threat to the Pmc´s, and if every player scav or the AI scavs all start to kill eachother, then the pmc´s will have no real challenge when progressing throug the maps.

Ppl usually use the argument that Scavs are lawless and no honor and all of that, and how it would be in real life scenario... well, in a real life scenario any scavanger wouldn´t risk his life to engage another scav over a pistol or a pump shotty... maybe they would risk it if they saw a scav with an m4 or an AS val...

Point is, atm player scavs aren´t a real threat to pmc´s... and the way things were supposed to be they should be worried about player scavs teamed up with Ai scavs or other player scavs trying to kill pmcs for the better gear, instead when pmc´s get to the Scavs areas they are allready dead at the hands of some greedy player scav.

I always try to be friendly with others players scav when I scav, and died so many times because I never shoot first, try to left and right, activate my flash light to say " hey let's team up and kill geared PMC " ... This is so pity

I remember one time, we played as scav with my brother and we met 3 others friendly scav ... team up and we kill some pmc and share the loot .... I remember that game was so fun, but it happens not so often, unfortunately ...

Please, players, try to be friendly first when you play as a scav, it really worth it :)

"The events that take place in Escape From Tarkov shall lead to a war that will throw society into the neo-feudalism."

Yes, there will be karma, but don't expect it to be so bad that they are forced to stop Scav on Scav. Or else, it would defeat the purpose of the game. There will be no rules like other games. 

#Locked. Reason: This topic has been opened too many times. Please use search function before posting anything.

• Like 3