SucoVidya

Welcome to EFT - Introduce yourself

I didn't see a Welcome and Introduce yourself thread in the forum.
So for all the newbies to EFT welcome and here is a place to introduce yourself and perhaps find friends with the same package you purchased or players from within your region.
This will also be a helpful place to get +1 on your post count in order to have regular forum privileges.

So I'll start by introducing myself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm Suco. I'm from Gold Coast, Australia.

OyZjoq5.jpg

I have been following the development of EFT long before the youtube hype of the game but have always been sceptical with early access games.
I just bought an EOD package 2 days ago as I've seen some great things from these developers in the past few months. I can't wait to one day see the final product.

I've got a lot of experience in alpha/beta testing first person shooters and moba's and have been an avid gamer my entire life.
I have a past experience playing competitive e-sports level in games and coaching members of friends and friendly teams.

I play a lot of Rainbow 6 Siege with my friends from North America, South-East Asia and locally here in Australia/New Zealand.
When I'm not playing Rainbow 6 I'm usually on GTA5 or Arma or making videos for a youtube channel that I have.

I'm looking to make loads of new friends, preferably 18+, don't care if you're a dude or a chick or a toaster.
If you're in my region and wanna play follow me on the forum profiles or send me a PM and we'll kick off the ALPHA in style

I look forward to playing with or against you all

Edited by SucoVidya

I'm Phantom. I'm from southern Florida, but have lived just about everywhere in Illinois. I saw EFT several months ago when they were first starting to show some of the in-game features. Looking back on my days of playing STALKER and Arma 2 DayZ and just about everything in-between, I instantly fell in love with the mechanics. As soon as I scraped up the money, I went all or nothing and got the EoD pack.

I have a multitude of hobbies I enjoy to do. When I'm not long-hauling with my dad across the country (Except California), I'm usually sitting around my house playing games, out playing Mil-Sim in airsoft, or learning more about Automotive, Firearms, Law Enforcement, and Computers.

I strongly prefer team co-operation over free-for-all certain death, and do just about all I can do avoid a player-on-player shootout, though sometimes conflict just can't be avoided. I hope to make some good friends and allies who'll stand by my side, not down my barrel.

• Upvote 1

I'm SOL!D. I'm French and I live near Bordeaux (well known for its whine). I don't remember exactly when I discovered EFT but it was for sure what I was looking for the gun nuts I am ! I'm a long time player of hardcore realistic shooters: the first Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon as well as Flashpoint/Arma but it never fill in my needs for customisation of the blaster, rigg you have to carry and so on. 
In my life I'm a stretcher bearer at the pediatric ER. I love motorbikes, I have currently 3 bikes including a gorgeous Buell S1. Fond of music especially Rock/Metal from the 60's to now, I like to switch to New Wave, Dark Wave, Cold Wave and Synth Wave from time to times. I'm also a milsim airsoft player (I just love feeling my heart racing and my head sweating during an infiltration behind ennemy lines) even though I mostly collect pieces of gear for now.  

13147402_10154139817423609_2711016052792611158_o.jpg

Yo, my name is Zoraxon, I've been on the forums for a while (since about April). Joined the hype train when the YouTuber Westie did a video on it, and been hooked ever since.

Outside of EFT for gaming, I played a bit of Modern Warfare, then went on to console gaming. Never quite scratched that itch, so I just jumped onto the family toaster and tried a game NMRIH and fell back in love with PC gaming, but I still hop into the PS3 for some BF4 every now and then. Casual as all hell though.

Outside of gaming, I have a regular sparring session with some friends of mine. We use the cold steel training swords. I've gotten pretty good, in the top 5, top 3 on a good day. Not the best, but I can hold my own. I play a mean acoustic guitar, and often times bard for the sword fights. I play D&D, officially making me a nerd, and I'm proud of it. I play airsoft casually with some of my friends. I'm a boy scout, life rank and working on Eagle.

Getting my own PC finally purchased and built, got a car I share with my brother (But I'm the only one with a key), and I joined TAW recently. Haven't been able to do much, but everyone has been nice.

I heard something about making friends with toasters, but what about plants? Guess i'll introduce myself then, i'm Herb and i'm just a regular person, mostly played RPGs/MMORPGS the last year in addition to some FPS games then stumbled over this and was hooked. Else than there's not much to say although i do hope i can put some bullets in you and you some in me.

7 hours ago, SOL!D said:

I like to switch to New Wave, Dark Wave, Cold Wave and Synth Wave from time to times.

Excellent music taste man! I'm a fellow new-waver myself.  ʢ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°ʡ

I'm just here for the cheeki breeki comradeship and eventually the alpha forums for some more on topic stuff <3  

What's going on guys/gals, I'm Aarron (Aarron176)  I don't remember how I stumbled across EFT but I got hooked from the moment I saw the trailer/videos, As far as my gaming background I play a lot of FPS games, some RPG and random other games. I do YouTube as much as I can and enjoy playing alphas/betas to see where the game has been and what it becomes in final releases and future patches. Feel free to add me on Origin,Steam,Battlenet/etc My username is (I believe) the same on all : Aarron176, Also I will be doing montages/live streams/etc on EFT and other games if anyone is interested in helping out or just want to get their fix on EFT or whatever check out my channel www.youtube.com/hihosilveraway76 (I am not trying to self advertise but the more the merrier to help out and or game with is always awesome).  Till then.... Stay Frosty!

Hello geezers!

I'm Tom. My nickname is Tomahawk however, due to the name being quite popular I just put it backwards on pretty much everything. I work as an IT technician at the moment but I will soon be going into engineering fabrication.

I play a lot of different games. I like hardcore shooters, exploration, indie games and more. I was a large fan of the assassin's creed series but now it feels like the same thing over and over again.

I use to be a large fan of call of duty however, I later turned towards battlefield and have been playing that for a very long time since. I prefer modern or old combat, no futuristic shenanigans. 

I like to watch a lot of TV. Recently I have been watching Vikings. I think it's an absoulte brilliant show and would recommend it for anyone interested in GOT (Although, it far different than GOT).

I hope to start Youtube or Twitch soon once I have upgraded my computer but that won't be for a little while.

• Upvote 1

Heck, my 400th post can be about myself...

The name is Toni, from Croatia, 29 yrs.

I mostly play FPS shooters on which I have probably more than 5000hrs... Big fan of the Battlefield series, but I do enjoy a game such as EFT where more than just shooting skills is needed to survive.

Hello,

Im JunkieJoe. Name Junkiejoe from the fact that Im a pvp junkie, though i do not like typical shooters too much..more fan of open world pvp. The feel of having to watch over your shoulders and maybe surprsing someone is awesome.

Im a 29year old dude from Finland. Played pc games as long as i can remember. Ive played mostly mmorpgs and some fps games. Started online gaming with the old counter-strikes. The most memorable games would be darkfall online and neocron. Both mmorpg games with fps combat and loot drops..so i think ill be enjoying eft alot. Also have some military background and im officially a veteran because ive been aboard on a mission. Have been to shooting ranges since i could lift a gun too so im good at shooting..pretty decent aim in games too ;) Im leaning towards Bear just because of Ak..f them Western toy guns hehe. Havent decided yet tho.

I havent played much recently because of waiting for tarkov really. Also Im casual gamer with hardcore set of mind. Got alot of real life responsibility so gaming nowadays is random. It keeps the games fresh for me tho. No chance to burnout :)

See you ingame. 

Ps. I have a youtube channel but not much content. Hopefully will be making eft videos after release. Channel only for fun and for my own enjoyment.

Edited by JunkieJoe

Good morning comrades, I am USFrozen.

27(in a few days) year old male from the USA. First real online PC game was Halo Custom Edition, where i was known as Frozen. I became one of the leaders of a clan named =US= United SWAT and that's why im now USFrozen on any FPS game i play. Current games i play: Guild Wars 2 (competitive WvW on Jade Quarry, commander for [SoX]), Battlefield 4, Overwatch, Star Citizen, and a bit of whatever else i can find in my steam library.

Was introduced to EFT from an Imgur post a few months ago and decided that the project looked promising enough for me to back it. Decided to finally stop just stalking the Pre-order page and actually buy the game and become part of the community just a few days ago.

Hope to have lots of fun here with you guys.

I dont know why this thread has gone dead. i do not see anymore threads with "Introduce yourself" anywhere in the forums. 

Hey everybody,

I'm Martin , 22yo , i live in Yeovil in the  UK.

Learning to be a dev for my own thing with a friend, but i am more the business type of person at the moment. We are planning to make small video games on our own time while we work full time. 

I follow alot of EA games to study them see what is good about there concept and ideas, and tarkov was exeptional. So i brought it not long ago because i was thinking it is worth the mooney and the support for the devs to make an exeptional game. 

I streamed before, but my name was bady chosen, so i started a new twitch account and plan to stream games soon, my twitch is the_english_baguette . 

I will continue supporting this game with bug reporting and assisting people i can assist, in french or english. 

Hope it makes you know me a bit better. I do lurk alot in streams (streaming EFT) and do also talk alot in them, so you will find me there for sure. 

Have a good one.

And nice seeing you read it all

Nicely timed this thread :) . Am new here, Chris "Reaxgrim", 32 from Scotland, I am into Gaming, Game dev and most things creative.

Not currently in the alpha sadly, Got the left behind edition and been left behind haha :D but hopefully beta is not to far away. 

Edited by Reaxgrim
  • Upvote 1

Hi, you can just call me SG.

I'm frequently back and fourth between Dubai and the U.K so I look forward to seeing the best of both communities.

I've been following EFT for a while now and I decided to join the party. I am playing the alpha as I went for the Edge of Darkness edition but unfortunately, I keep dying A LOT lol. Would love to perhaps play with someone or a group. I'm excited about the group experience with this game. None of my friends have purchased it yet so I'm on my own. Anyone want to play with me? We can use Steam voice chat to communicate and give the game a shot as a team. Looking forward to watch this game & community develop.

Have fun!

Hello ! Im Brammesia from belgium and I am 26. I used to play RTCW years ago and its definitely where the love for FPS games started. Since then I played alot of FPS games. Mostly on consoles though. PS3, PS4. Build this PC in december so everything is still new and still have to get used to keyboard/mouse again. Pretty uknow territory for me, a forum like this. I hope to meet great people and just have a good time.

I got the EoD package a couple days ago. Been following it when the first screenshots arrived. The gameplay is comletely new to me though. Looking forward to the full release :) 

I don`t have much hobby`s besides playing games and following alot of movie type stuff :D I Occasionally go out with buddy`s and have some beers.

Kharn Valnikov at your service!

19 (Turning 20 soon) and I am from the Philippines, I came across EFT when the GM of an RP who later became my friend showed it to me. I've been following it ever since and because of my friend buying me a copy I am most grateful to him and hope I can play with him soon when I get in.

Basically an average teen into anime, games, movies and other random things that pick up my interest.

Great idea @SucoVidya!

My names Mad, 32 from the UK, I mostly play survival games such as DayZ, The Long Dark, Stranded Deep and so on, if I am not playing or making content I am generally out in the woods surviving for real :) 

13 hours ago, MadMcardle said:

Great idea @SucoVidya!

My names Mad, 32 from the UK, I mostly play survival games such as DayZ, The Long Dark, Stranded Deep and so on, if I am not playing or making content I am generally out in the woods surviving for real :) 

Welcome, hope you find some people to make some great content with!

Jack C"haosBahamut" here. Finally decided to jump on board after seeing some live gameplay.

29, and am a Yankee. Been a gamer since the SNES days (and yes I was on Team SNES during THAT war) and am fond of platformers (2D and 3D, esp the 'dreaded' Collectathons like Donkey Kong 64), action/adventure/action-adventure games, FPS's (obviously), and RPGs of all types.

See you out there, if you're unlucky. :3

Kubz. Admin of United World Gamers ( gaming community est. 2003).28 Male. Studying Game Design in college, also worked and working on projects in Construct2 and Unity. THIS GAME IS BLOODY EPIC even tho it's early access ! pop in and say hello if u r over 18 ... ts- unitedworldgamers.typefrag.com... always happy to team up  .. Have fun and 'wiggle' if u mean 'blade runners' no harm... 

hello :D anybody know how i can download the game? i bough the standard edition :3 and when is release date of game?

What's up y'all. Name's Button. Fell in love with EFT when I first saw it because of its SHTF theme. I'm a huge gun nut so the weapon customization really appeals to me. Even if there are a few minor quirks about it. I spend most of my free time at the range shooting, building guns, gaming, and learning primitive survival skills. 

Looking to join a team as I just convinced myself to buy the EOD edition. So if anyone is looking for a tactically minded individual to recruit, let me know.

(And yes, before anybody asks, my profile picture is a stuffed sheep holding a M27 IAR, smoking a cigarette)

On 3/26/2017 at 10:08 PM, PiJellyPin said:

hello :D anybody know how i can download the game? i bough the standard edition :3 and when is release date of game?

Since you bought the standard edition you'll have to wait til Beta to be able to start downloading. *Beta should be out sometime this Summer*

Edited by ChaosBahamut