Sign in to follow this  
Timothyee

"looking for a group" killed upon spawn

HI , i hope this is the correct place .

in short . i joined a server looking for a group -

received an request , i joined .two players in the group and i was added .

we spawned ( us 3 ) and i was knifed immediately by one of the players who invited me . i have screenshots ,time stamps  and the names . where do i report this . ?

this must be dealt with . sad to see this type of activity.

cheers
/PIN !

Unfortunately people that are looking for group tend to do this. My suggestion is find a clan or a group of friends to play with that you can trust.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, THALL said:

Why would you expect anything different from random players you can't communicate with? It's common sense.

i would " expect " to not be knifed, Dead and my gear raided !
"Common sense" thx for the insult .

A more constructive helpful post is what i ask .

7 hours ago, Twistedbit said:

Unfortunately people that are looking for group tend to do this. My suggestion is find a clan or a group of friends to play with that you can trust.

the first part of your post ..So you are aware of players doing this .. now i know but, still it's sad to see this type of behaviour.
I will not be "looking for a group" any longer ..

the second part of your post . i have a few friends to play  E.T.F .

thanks for the reply !
Cheers

I know this isn't really a recruiting thread but I am trying to help as many friendly players as I can! Feel free to join my clans discord to find someone to help with quests or even run with. We help gear players along with train them to have better callouts and location awareness. Again I know this isn't the clan thread but its time to stop all of these KoS randoms. 

https://discord.gg/ch3m63S

22 hours ago, Timothyee said:

i would " expect " to not be knifed, Dead and my gear raided !
"Common sense" thx for the insult .

A more constructive helpful post is what i ask .

He was being constructive.

You placed you trust in a group of random players you have never met and cannot communicate with. You chose to join their group and in doing so, opened yourself up to the risk of being killed the instant you spawn in or maybe later in the raid, like extract (that happens too).

Common sense is to not trust random people. You did and you paid the price. Thankfully, you learned your lesson and won't be joining random players again. Stick to playing with friends in the future.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, jcbru95 said:

I know this isn't really a recruiting thread but I am trying to help as many friendly players as I can! Feel free to join my clans discord to find someone to help with quests or even run with. We help gear players along with train them to have better callouts and location awareness. Again I know this isn't the clan thread but its time to stop all of these KoS randoms. 

https://discord.gg/ch3m63S

Thanks mate . i enjoy playing with a group ..
Cheers

• Upvote 1

I remember when I 1st played Warz I had a team mate for 2 whole days.

On the second day I went AFK like I had done a dozen times and he killed me, took my gear and banned me from TS.

Lesson Learned! 

3 minutes ago, NastyNative said:

I remember when I 1st played Warz I had a team mate for 2 whole days.

On the second day I went AFK like I had done a dozen times and he killed me, took my gear and banned me from TS.

Lesson Learned! 

Sadly it seems especially in the gaming world the bad outweigh the good, in times like these you should be the change you want to see.

Or just kill on sight, whatever works :P

8 hours ago, HTX said:

Sadly it seems especially in the gaming world the bad outweigh the good, in times like these you should be the change you want to see.

Or just kill on sight, whatever works :P

Eve online motto comes to mind, "If you can't replace it... Don't fly it" similar idea comes to mind with this game as you can trust no one in it.

Even in a community with friends you always run the risk of friendly fire in confusion and will lose the items on hand (has happened to me... thankfully, some of them are nice enough to pick up gear extract and drop it back next run).

(all of this was discussed on a REDDIT thread)

However, there are talks of Devs creating a KARMA system where if your in the same faction BEAR/BEAR  USEC/USEC   SCAV/SCAV etc etc. If you kill a person in the same faction as you, you will receive a Karma penalty and the game will eventually penalize you for committing murder against your own friendlies.

For a SCAV, it was said that you will spawn with lesser gear all the way to the point of a low durability weapon that may break on the first few shots or jam more frequently.

For PMC's there has not been any talk recently but it may lead to a potential segregated server filled with similar minded individuals (time based).

But yes i do agree with you HTX, most gaming world games like these have more cons than pros... Ultima Online is a great basis to go by through that, you get help and then back stabbed by someone so they get your keys and gold while you watch as a ghost while they cut your body up and create a puppet show.

Edited by Dragux

sad the first two replies, I was amazed they were able to remove their tongues from the window!

Sad about a great game like this is the spawn camping, I at times am lucky to live for more than 2 minutes, that is coming out crouched as well. Such a great game wrecked by kids and people whom do not have enough skill to try those tactics further than 150 meters from spawn points!

Update, this game really needs spawn protection, a no kill zone, this time Literally maybe 25 meters from the spawn shot dead, What the Fack! this is what will drive people from this game, not to mention some of the other baggage this game has, which I can deal with, spawn camping is a no go for me, unfortunately this spreads like a cancer!

Edited by Shytown

47 minutes ago, Shytown said:

sad the first two replies, I was amazed they were able to remove their tongues from the window!

Sad about a great game like this is the spawn camping, I at times am lucky to live for more than 2 minutes, that is coming out crouched as well. Such a great game wrecked by kids and people whom do not have enough skill to try those tactics further than 150 meters from spawn points!

Update, this game really needs spawn protection, a no kill zone, this time Literally maybe 25 meters from the spawn shot dead, What the Fack! this is what will drive people from this game, not to mention some of the other baggage this game has, which I can deal with, spawn camping is a no go for me, unfortunately this spreads like a cancer!

Spawn protection in a "Hardcore survival shooter" is a terrible idea. We have spawn placement for a reason.

Hey buddy, sad to hear this happened to you. I experienced it myself.

When it happened to me, I decided to check on voice chat communities that existed for this game as voice chat in game is not yet a thing. There are multiple ones out there.

Not trying to recruit so take you time and go look for one that suits you best... but if you're having no luck here one: https://discordlist.me/servers/146573551246245888

Hope you enjoy, stay safe in tarkov.