The_Lone_Merc

For newer players

I am sure this is a very unpopular idea here. How about keeping the offline mode for those who want to learn the game instead of going balls deep into the game and losing everything in the matter of 4 or 5 rounds. I like the idea of having the offline mode because I am learning the map without being thrown in and expecting to lose every single second. Does anyone else agree with me? Please understand this is for NEW players only, not players who have had countless hours put into the game because lets be honest you will instantly either disagree or give me poo for this idea.

A couple of points to point out here,

1. The difficulty and almost overwhelming nature of being thrown into the battlefield in such a way is entirely intended, think of it as, realistic, when newer players pick up this game, jump in willy nilly and have absolutely no idea where they are or what they're doing, they learn, trial by fire as it were, but there is also an alternative, just as in reality, they could acquire intel, there are countless articles, youtube videos, google docs, entire webpages and websites dedicated to all the information you could ever need regarding this game and your raids, and your first raid ;3 I for one, sat here with my tablet with a map of customs open when i first got into the game, i died a hell of a lot of times but i used the map to get my bearings and learn the layout, where things spawned, where to loot, where to avoid, efficient paths to achieve what i wanted to achieve, blah blah blah, it didn't take long to establish a route and a plan for the map, as well as understanding my exact location on the map :3 You either go in blind, or go in with intel, but you learn quick.
  2. This is not representative of the final product, as has been noted on the main menu, it's my understanding that the raids will have a form of 'progression' in future, and a sense of 'story', i believe the final product will be a lot more friendly to newer, inexperienced players and EASE them into the hardcore experience of EFT.
  3. Offline mode is not happening, devs have been almost offensively clear on that, we will be provided a shooting range in the hideout which hopefully will be able to also show and teach us a variety of realistic situations and how to deal with them, we just have to accept the loss of offline mode, it is not happening, it's never going to happen, we need to mourn it and move on, fighting for it is to bleed a stone.

I should note, i would love to see offline mode become an actual thing we could continue to use, i personally LOVE testing new guns out on my favorite routes on my favorite maps and being able to see how viable it actually is in an actual combat scenario, without losing it ofcourse xD I am totally for this idea, always have been, but we must mourn, and move on.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nachtmaere said:

A couple of points to point out here,

1. The difficulty and almost overwhelming nature of being thrown into the battlefield in such a way is entirely intended, think of it as, realistic, when newer players pick up this game, jump in willy nilly and have absolutely no idea where they are or what they're doing, they learn, trial by fire as it were, but there is also an alternative, just as in reality, they could acquire intel, there are countless articles, youtube videos, google docs, entire webpages and websites dedicated to all the information you could ever need regarding this game and your raids, and your first raid ;3 I for one, sat here with my tablet with a map of customs open when i first got into the game, i died a hell of a lot of times but i used the map to get my bearings and learn the layout, where things spawned, where to loot, where to avoid, efficient paths to achieve what i wanted to achieve, blah blah blah, it didn't take long to establish a route and a plan for the map, as well as understanding my exact location on the map :3 You either go in blind, or go in with intel, but you learn quick.
  2. This is not representative of the final product, as has been noted on the main menu, it's my understanding that the raids will have a form of 'progression' in future, and a sense of 'story', i believe the final product will be a lot more friendly to newer, inexperienced players and EASE them into the hardcore experience of EFT.
  3. Offline mode is not happening, devs have been almost offensively clear on that, we will be provided a shooting range in the hideout which hopefully will be able to also show and teach us a variety of realistic situations and how to deal with them, we just have to accept the loss of offline mode, it is not happening, it's never going to happen, we need to mourn it and move on, fighting for it is to bleed a stone.

I should note, i would love to see offline mode become an actual thing we could continue to use, i personally LOVE testing new guns out on my favorite routes on my favorite maps and being able to see how viable it actually is in an actual combat scenario, without losing it ofcourse xD I am totally for this idea, always have been, but we must mourn, and move on.

It just feels like I am struggling just to keep the gear I have. I hate the idea that if I lose all my gear I have to either SCAV in every 30 min or run with a knife or axe.... I mean poo It wouldnt be such a issue for me to lose all my gear and start from nothing but the SCAV has that bs timer. What do you mean a progression idea? Does that mean I dont have to play with people who out gun and out rank me every time???? poo thatll be nice if so.

16 minutes ago, The_Lone_Merc said:

It just feels like I am struggling just to keep the gear I have.

That is an unfortunate intended level of difficulty within this game, it makes every piece of gear, from the lowly makarov (I think that's how you spell it?) to the SVG sniper rifle, just as valuable and important as eachother, because every single piece will only last as long as you do ;3

But trust me, give it enough time, get some good runs in, it snowballs :3 And soon, you'll have more money than you know what to do with, and you'll be fully gearing up just because you can xD 

17 minutes ago, The_Lone_Merc said:

What do you mean a progression idea?

As for the progression it's more of a literal map progression like E.G you start with access to one map, you'll more than likely find yourself with a lot more newer players, it will likely be balanced more towards lesser geared players and such, it will probably just be more 'new player friendly' as it were, and then it will progress from map to map reaching a more profitable, more difficult map where more heavily geared people will likely farm :3

Hopefully it will just provide a bit more of an ease into the whole thing :3

well this is the wrong place to post this but this is my very first time here but I just got the game less than 30 mins ago I installed the launcher they said I was a beta tester but I cant or there is no were to down load the game will I have to wait a day or 2 or how does this work sorry again I don't know were to post this question have a good day