Sign in to follow this  
cKy

Blind Fire

Hey guys , and devs!

I was thinking about a way that we could Blind fire from covers .

like in battlefield or in the next few updates of star citizen , where you get close to a cover and aim to the edges of the cover up or to the sides,

and then right click to ADS outside of cover or left click to blind fire from the cover.

any thoughts?

thx to zimm.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, C2Gesaubro said:

Oh please no Cover system. Thank god it's too late to add it. Lean would be ok though.

didn't say anything about cover system.

its about blind fire and basicly leaning up from cover.

not Press Q to cover or space to cover like gta or division

star citizen working right now on a blindfire system that have nothing to do with cover system , no getting attached to the wall or something like that

Edited by cKy
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, cKy said:

star citizen working right now on a blindfire system that have nothing to do with cover system , no getting attached to the wall or something like that

Star Citizen IS in fact working on a cover system, but it's more fluid than having to anchor to the wall.
As a long time SC backer, I'm of the opinion that they should be looking to EFT as a proper model for combat, and not the other way around. ;)

Source: Latest Around the Verse developer diary for Star Citizen.

• Upvote 2

From what we've seen in the videos already, you do naturally hug cover without any "sticky cover" button (thank goodness, it was absolutely terrible in RO2.) Most games nowadays have you lean out or pop up just enough to aim your gun, like BF4. No idea if they want blindfire or blind grenade tossing though.

I really like the idea of blind fire. Along these lines, I would love to also see switching shoulders, weak (left) hand carries, and short stocking, added into EFT, a future add-on, and/ or Russia 2028.  For instance, we can use weak hand carries and short stocking for peaking around left hand corners while in the prone position and switching shoulders for pie-ing around left hand corners.  

Edited by MishaJames
  • Upvote 1

On 8/8/2016 at 4:17 PM, C2Gesaubro said:

Oh please no Cover system. Thank god it's too late to add it. Lean would be ok though.

actually I wouldn't mind a wall-sticking blind fire system.

Can I ask why you wouldnt want to have such a system? 

On 8/8/2016 at 5:01 PM, HUGGIESroxFace said:

Star Citizen IS in fact working on a cover system, but it's more fluid than having to anchor to the wall.
As a long time SC backer, I'm of the opinion that they should be looking to EFT as a proper model for combat, and not the other way around. ;)

Source: Latest Around the Verse developer diary for Star Citizen.

WELL SAID! SC has their creation right when it comes to everything space. but they arent the ones to follow for combat models. (they'll do fine though.)

red orchestra 2 has a robust first person cover shooting mechanic. it was an outdoors game so not very useful, however in rare close quarters, it was actually very useful, especially if you had a drum magazine.

narrow minded view^^^

why don't you play some tactical first person shooters who had good cover system instead of crap like suvarium so you know cover systems can work very well when done correctly.

As seen in the latest gamescom preview there's only blind fire from the top, will it be possible to do the same from the side? I would be very usefull in CQB!

blind-fire.jpg

I thought you were talking about auto leaning when up against a corner, why would you want the inaccuracy of blindfire?

You won´t be using this feature all the way through the map... in fact, you probably won´t even use it in a lot of raids. It will be a backup resource in a limited number of cenarios that you will be able to use it effectively. 

First thing i can think of is being behind some kind of cover and realising someone is rushing you head-on and as the name says you will blind-fire trying to kill him without any exposure. if you were able to peak or lean it wouldn´t be blind-fire.

To me, it seems like a useless feature. But, we will see to what degree the PMC accuracy is doing this. If it is as bad as it should be, I will probably never use it.

What are you saying!? Spraying a squad in a corridor without any risk to be shot at is a very usefull maneuver. Even if you don't kill anybody you get the benefit of a good suppression.

Suppression is often underrated but anyone should take it in consideration for his decisions.

On 25.8.2017 at 2:36 PM, OneEyed_Cat said:

As seen in the latest gamescom preview there's only blind fire from the top, will it be possible to do the same from the side? I would be very usefull in CQB!

And some Mirrors to peek corners please! 

MirrorSightBUIS_8.jpg

as61.jpg

Edited by rix5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

this function has already been shown in other videos, but now in Gamescom spoke of her with more pressure, I believe that will be soon in the game. 

but aboult the mirrors, I did not see anything about it.

answered and locked.

• Upvote 1