On 2/6/2016 at 10:26 AM, Goodmydaniel said:

How will suppresors work? Will they de/in- crease recoil etc. ? I wanted to recieve a question on other topics. :/ 

I haven't seen the devs say much about sound suppressors at all so far, there's been two or three threads discussing them before too.

On 2/7/2016 at 5:07 PM, m8malin said:

M4 5.56x45 > AK74 5.56x39 IMO

I dont believe 5.56x39 exists.. I believe you wanted to say maybe 5.45x39 or 7.62x39?

I love this gun cuz you know.... MURICA and yeah customization... 

American-Pride-Eagle.jpg

On 2016-01-18 at 11:30 PM, Ayaku said:

M16 are so bad, I don't understand why people like them, I think they're ugly.
Compared to the M4A1 which looks gorgeous in my opinion :P 

It is all about the looks 

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

i think some people are getting too nitpicky with the guns. one little thing is off (something that 99% of people wont notice) and they point it out :/

i mean i get it, its uspposed to be realistic so people want every tiny detail to be exactly how it is in real life but cmon

16 hours ago, vicwiz007 said:

i think some people are getting too nitpicky with the guns. one little thing is off (something that 99% of people wont notice) and they point it out :/

i mean i get it, its supposed to be realistic so people want every tiny detail to be exactly how it is in real life but cmon

if you don't want realism then you're in the wrong place, and people that do want realism will nitpick to ensure they get the best they can get, that is why you have ACE for ARMA and perhaps people don't want to have to mod this, I don't see the issue with asking for something incorrect to be made correct.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, impolite green man said:

if you don't want realism then you're in the wrong place, and people that do want realism will nitpick to ensure they get the best they can get, that is why you have ACE for ARMA and perhaps people don't want to have to mod this, I don't see the issue with asking for something incorrect to be made correct.

i think you miss the point. when you talk about "realism" in a VIDEO GAME there is only so much realism you can get. no matter how real it gets, itll always be a video game, and not every tiny little unnoticeable thing has to be made 100% accurate, especially when they could be spending their time on more important things that are actual noticeable things that add to realism. And to be clear, i have no problem with people correcting the more important stuff.

worry about the things that actually matter. not trying to offend anyone who wants the realism, and not trying to start an argument, im just stating my opinion.

Edited by vicwiz007

В 06.02.2016в22:20, Triji сказал:

So, being from the states and having AR-15's im very curious how in depth the customization will go with the M4, Will we be able to over gas / under gas the rifle for suppressed.

Not soo deep.

Being a firearms enthusiast, I am happy with the level of detail they are putting into the customization. I'm all for realism, but also having fun. I am more excited for the extensive animations they have added for reloads and malfunctions. Not many games incorporate firearm malfunctions, and the ones that do kind of toss it in there as an afterthought. Can't wait to test this out.  

On 3/21/2016 at 4:41 AM, Kiba_Stream said:

Not soo deep.

That's what she said? *badum tsss*

Please don't hurt me mighty developers! Great work guys, can't wait to test it out.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this has been addressed, but will weapons (m4a1 specifically) reflect their real life counterparts in the form of maximum effect range at their point and area targets?

В 23.03.2016 в 21:35, jamie15382 сказал:

Would love to see the beta C magazine and bayonet

No, no, and again no.

В 27.03.2016 в 02:18, Blackbeard06 сказал:

Not sure if this has been addressed, but will weapons (m4a1 specifically) reflect their real life counterparts in the form of maximum effect range at their point and area targets?

Yep

On 1/17/2016 at 5:37 PM, Europoor said:

have you ever shot one? :D

Yes and the M-16 is trash. It's like firing a musket! It's way to big and unwieldy. Doesn't even make a good DMR because of the caliber. Lots of jamming and poor feed system. M-4 also suffers similar problems but its more compact at least. Easier to handle and maneuver with. In the end, you could hit a target 500 meters away just easily with one or the other so why go with something that has a 20 inch barrel and a fixed stock? 

If this is a PMC, the HK-416 makes more sense as it has a better operating system then the M-4 and is more commonly used by private companies and Special Ops groups.

For the devs: Will the firearms (Not just M-4) take IR laser attachements like AN PEQ for use with NVG's? I know for sure you can't use scopes properly with NVG's mounted on your face.

Edited by Deadgun

9 minutes ago, Deadgun said:

Yes and the M-16 is trash. It's like firing a musket! It's way to big and unwieldy. Doesn't even make a good DMR because of the caliber. Lots of jamming and poor feed system. M-4 also suffers similar problems but its more compact at least. Easier to handle and maneuver with. In the end, you could hit a target 500 meters away just easily with one or the other so why go with something that has a 20 inch barrel and a fixed stock? 

If this is a PMC, the HK-416 makes more sense as it has a better operating system then the M-4 and is more commonly used by private companies and Special Ops groups.

For the devs: Will the firearms (Not just M-4) take IR laser attachements like AN PEQ for use with NVG's? I know for sure you can't use scopes properly with NVG's mounted on your face.

-Which variant (beetween the 4 of them)?
-It was not designed to be a DMR, so there is no sense in this sentence, it's like saying that other general assault rifles act good as DMR-s
-Again, which variant was it, with the lot of jamming, and feeding system, and also, with what kind of magazine? It was not designed to be a modular system, but to be in a general role.

1 hour ago, Europoor said:

-Which variant (beetween the 4 of them)?
-It was not designed to be a DMR, so there is no sense in this sentence, it's like saying that other general assault rifles act good as DMR-s
-Again, which variant was it, with the lot of jamming, and feeding system, and also, with what kind of magazine? It was not designed to be a modular system, but to be in a general role.

Exactly my point. It's not supposed to be a DMR so the barrel length and the fixed stock are both terrible for anything other than open field engagements where the M4 does just as good. 

And the M-16A4 which is the current one used by the U.S. Military (mainly Marine Corps). It still jams although not as much as they used to be notorious for and as for the magazine, standard 30 round STANAG. It's not the magazines though but the magazine catch on the lower reciever itself that's the problem. There's a reason the M-416 was designed and it was to improve on the current platform with a new gas operating system which would reduce jamming issues.

I'm curious about how suppressors will work on these. Will there be subsonic rounds that can be bought from in game traders or will they be a lootable item? Making the suppressor work better and deteriorate slower over time? I like every facet of the customization here minus not being able to upgrade or change the BCG in the rifle. It's fairly minuscule though. I dig it. 

Has anyone brought up the other barrel mods that can be done to change caliber of the rifle?

Like 9mm barrel mod and shorter profile for close quarters.

Or this huge list in this hidden post

Spoiler

How many calibers can I get uppers that fit my .223 (AR-15) lower? What are they? 
While the list is nearly endless with all the wildcats possible. Here are the some of the more common and more interesting uppers that are (or have been) produced for the standard AR-15 lower (may not be up-to-date): 
223/5.56 
6 x 45 
7 x 40 
357 Mag Rimless 
300 Whisper / .300Fireball / 300-.221 
6.5 x 40 
.30 Coyote (30 x 45) 
.17 Remington 
.17 Mach IV 
.20 Tactical 
.19 Calhoun 
5.7 FN (developed by Rhinland Arms - no word yet on who is going to mfg it) 
.204 Ruger 
6.8 SPC 
30 HRT 
338 Spectre 
10 mm Mag 
35/40 
219 WASP-C 
7.62 x 40 
5.45x39 
7.62 x 39 
.338 x 39 
6 PPC 
6.5 Grendel / 6.5 AR / 6.5 PPC Improved 
22 PPC 
7 sCAR .... 
30 Carbine 
5.45x39 / .21 Ghengis 
7 BR 
6.5 BR 
300 Sabre 
8mm (belt fed upper) 
.308 (again a belt fed upper - no longer available) 
458 SOCOM 
44 Mag 
440 CorBon 
44 AMP 
.475 Tremor 
50AE 
499LW 
50 Beowulf 
.50 BMG (single shot) 
.50 Blackpowder (1 made) 
9mm 
45ACP 
32ACP 
22 LR 
17 HV 
10mm 
7.62x25 
224 BoZ 
7.62x24 
9x23 
.357 Sig 
.357 Auto 
40S&W 
223 WSSM 
243 WSSM 
300 WSSM 
.30 RAR

On January 18, 2016 at 3:30 PM, Ayaku said:

M16 are so bad, I don't understand why people like them, I think they're ugly.
Compared to the M4A1 which looks gorgeous in my opinion :P 

So guns are all about looks or something? M16s are basically the same but better in muzzle velocity and range. The only reason I wouldn't mind using an M4 over an M16 is because it's smaller, making it easier for CQB, and if i'm not mistaken newer ammo types have given the M4 the ability to shoot just as far as the M16. 

4 hours ago, GeeBoMac said:

So guns are all about looks or something? M16s are basically the same but better in muzzle velocity and range. The only reason I wouldn't mind using an M4 over an M16 is because it's smaller, making it easier for CQB, and if i'm not mistaken newer ammo types have given the M4 the ability to shoot just as far as the M16. 

Actually they shoot about the same and given your size and preference you can be as accurate or more with an M4A1 than a M-16. It's the same gun with a shorter barrel and smaller buffer tube but the M-16 isn't enough a leap in accuracy long range to warrant being chosen over an M4.

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 11:07 PM, vicwiz007 said:

i think you miss the point. when you talk about "realism" in a VIDEO GAME there is only so much realism you can get. no matter how real it gets, itll always be a video game, and not every tiny little unnoticeable thing has to be made 100% accurate, especially when they could be spending their time on more important things that are actual noticeable things that add to realism. And to be clear, i have no problem with people correcting the more important stuff.

worry about the things that actually matter. not trying to offend anyone who wants the realism, and not trying to start an argument, im just stating my opinion.

perhaps some of us are getting a tad nerdy, but perhaps we feel that this is a product that caters to us and want the best we can get from our money (that I will be throwing at this game), and if the developers don't mind the feedback then what is the issue?

1 hour ago, impolite green man said:

perhaps some of us are getting a tad nerdy, but perhaps we feel that this is a product that caters to us and want the best we can get from our money (that I will be throwing at this game), and if the developers don't mind the feedback then what is the issue?

well as i said before, theres more important things to work on. thats the major reason at least. im not sure if the devs care or not, but judging by the lack of response to maybe 75% of the requests they cant care too much. i have no issue with these things but maybe after the game is out at least