IronCore

AI Scav attacked me after I killed a USEC player

Recommended Posts

I was playing Scav on Customs when I heard gunshots so I moved near them.  On my way I noticed an AI Scav moving in the same direction.  So I teamed up with him hoping he's flush out any players so I could shoot and loot them.  It worked.  As my AI companion moved past a hole in the wall by some bushes I saw a USEC player come out of the hole and line up a shot on the AI.  I was close and killed the player in one shot.  Before I could even loot the body the AI Scav came back and shot me.  

I thought AI Scavs were friendly to player Scavs until you killed one.  That's how it's always worked for me before.  Why did the AI Scav go hostile after shooting a USEC player?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to seem patronising, but did he definitely shoot you, or did he shoot the USEC body and it might have seemed like he shot you? Had you already pressed F and gone into the inventory looting screen by that stage? I only say this because AI scavs are programmed to sometimes shoot dead bodies (they learnt from the mistakes of the release trailer SCAVS).

Hearing a gunshot right next to you, I know it would be hard for me to know whether or not the AI scav was shooting at me or not...

-How many times did he shoot you? Did you shoot back after the first shot?

Also, there is always the possibility that it was in-fact a player scav, and he was just acting like an AI to get you to trust him.
Maybe he wanted the loot for himself...

 

Other than that, I really don't have any ideas, perhaps it was just a glitch / bug in the AI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had not yet looted the body.  I was near it though.

It is possible he was shooting the dead body.  I didn't know that was something AI would do.  Know that now it opens this possbility.  I did fire back, but only after I was hit.  It's possible the AI Scav hit me accidentally at first then when I fired back he finished the job.  The game spawned me with a 2 shot bolt action shotgun.  First shot killed the USEC player and the second hit but didn't kill the AI Scav.

If it was a player pretending then this guy deserves every acting accolade he can receive.  His movement were very regular, he vocalized the way AI does, and he had an AI type name.  He also has nerves of steel because when I first encountered him I could've shot him dead easily enough.

Really nothing to do for it beyond continue to play and pay attention to AI behavior.  I was just hoping somebody would have some information I was lacking.  Such as AI shooting dead bodies.  So thank you for that tidbit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a strange thing happen to me just a few min ago, a player scav was outside the doorway like he was waiting for me to go trough so he could 1 tap me. 

I however had a shotgun and i went outside the room and past him, the player scav started shooting after me but i managed to kill him. 

Now to the strange part, every AI scav in the area started shooting at me trough the windows, 1 AI scav even came up and killed me... and that was after putting 2, yes, TWO shots in his chest with an shotgun @ 2m range ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once you kill a scav either AI or player, every scav on map will be hostile to you from that point on until extract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IronCore said:

and he had an AI type name

Every Scav, including player Scavs, are assigned a civilian name. So even if a player Scav kills you it'll come up with a Tarkov-ian name for them :P 

Sounds like you may have encountered a very good actor haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DanExert said:

Every Scav, including player Scavs, are assigned a civilian name. So even if a player Scav kills you it'll come up with a Tarkov-ian name for them :P 

Sounds like you may have encountered a very good actor haha

You are absolutely correct about that.  I even knew that.  Forgot it in my tiredness posting.  That said I really don't think it was an actor.  My going hypothesis now is I got caught in the crossfire of an AI that had an attack order on the player I killed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IronCore said:

You are absolutely correct about that.  I even knew that.  Forgot it in my tiredness posting.  That said I really don't think it was an actor.  My going hypothesis now is I got caught in the crossfire of an AI that had an attack order on the player I killed.

Perhaps! A fun story nevertheless 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And thats why Shadowplay was made. I would absolutely love to see this and investigate further! I love to act as AI myself and then punish those Cheeky greedy breekies.

Edited by neur0tix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, neur0tix said:

And thats why Shadowplay was made. I would absolutely love to see this and investigate further! I love to act as AI myself and then punish those Cheeky greedy breekies.

You got shadowplay to work with Tarkov? Like, it captures your kills/deaths? Did you have to do anything specific for the program to recognize the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 530skeptic said:

You got shadowplay to work with Tarkov? Like, it captures your kills/deaths? Did you have to do anything specific for the program to recognize the game?

It started working by itself couple patches ago. I mean GeForce Experience patches. Make sure you have the latest version and its turned on in GfExp. Its working normally for me now, even the FPS counter and all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, neur0tix said:

It started working by itself couple patches ago. I mean GeForce Experience patches. Make sure you have the latest version and its turned on in GfExp. Its working normally for me now, even the FPS counter and all.

Groovy. I'll fiddle with it when I get home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shadowplay doesn't recognize kills/deaths for me. My FPS counter works just fine, just doesn't record stuff like it should. I usually just stream while I play though so everything is documented if I need to go back and look at some random stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BlumpkinKing87 said:

Shadowplay doesn't recognize kills/deaths for me. My FPS counter works just fine, just doesn't record stuff like it should. I usually just stream while I play though so everything is documented if I need to go back and look at some random stuff.

Auto-recognition of death/kills isn't a feature in this game. That's something that needs to be developed alongside Nvidia and nothing has been said about that being a possibility in the future. If you want to record individual moments you can run the game through the .exe and use the instant replay function. hope this helps 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for that info! Like I said though, I usually just stream on YouTube anyway so Shadowplay isn't a big deal to me, but that does explain why it doesn't work lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now