Yonose

Breach Locked Doors

Was reading the QA on Facebook that they just posted, came across this:

Q) Is shooting door lock with a shotgun going to be a possible option next to kick down option in the menu?
A) It’s possible.

I havent heard/seen anything about this.
Anyone who knows which shotguns/rifles/ammo that is able to shoot open locked doors, and which types of doors?

just tested with MP-153( 710mm barrell), TOZ-106 and Saiga, neither of them let me open the locked door after i shot at the lock (Door 206, 2 floor doorm at Customs)

32 minutes ago, Yonose said:

Was reading the QA on Facebook that they just posted, came across this:

Q) Is shooting door lock with a shotgun going to be a possible option next to kick down option in the menu?
A) It’s possible.

I havent heard/seen anything about this.
Anyone who knows which shotguns/rifles/ammo that is able to shoot open locked doors, and which types of doors?

I am guessing that they meant that it is possible to add to the game, as I am sure that we would have seen something about this on youtube videos.

Or maybe it is currently possible...

Did you try with buckshot or slugs? 

I imagine slugs would be the best option.

2 minutes ago, alex8xela said:

I am guessing that they meant that it is possible to add to the game, as I am sure that we would have seen something about this on youtube videos.

Or maybe it is currently possible...

Did you try with buckshot or slugs? 

I imagine slugs would be the best option.

I tried with Buckshots, i'll have a go with the door again with some slugs, worth trying :P

Edited by Yonose

22 minutes ago, Arbiter1337 said:

lol goodluck

ye, i dont expect much, but i would rather try and see if it works or not :P

Edited by Yonose

I really like hunting for rare keys, feeling when finding one...shooting locks would ruin all that and make keys pretty much worthless. Maybe something like shooting where the door handle/lock/hinges are could make opening unlocked doors faster/smoother, something like that would be cool. 

still though its an element of risk.

you'd need to have a shotty with slugs on hand, and doing it would attract a lot of unwanted attention. it makes sense for it to be a thing, and i think it has a definite downside - possibly enough for it to become a thing.

stuff like safes though should always need a key. and for things like quest rooms they could just change the doors on them so they're reinforced blah blah, so that you'd need the key and can't just cheese quests

I think it would make the key system pretty useless, but I have heard of a possibility of a lockpicking skill.

again theres ways to make the keys relevant. or at least some keys.

take the health resort for instance. taking a shotty with a slug and blowing open the door is going to get your junk ambushed and demolished. who is going to do that? it would be way safer to just use the key. if you don't have it, you may risk it, but that would be an enormous risk - not worth it. you'd be better off camping the door for somebody that did have a key to roll around.