Kiba_Stream

General questions on weapon implementation

Here we will discuss general issues of implementation of the weapons in the Escape from Tarkov.

Mechanics, ballistics, handling techniques, customization, etc.

There is no need to request to add specific weapon in the game. (otherwise I start to punish)

• Upvote 2

Oh, nice thread :)

Q&A states "realistic ballistics", so I take it this includes gravity- and corioles force, as well as wind and weather (heat, humidity, rain) and magnetic fields?

Secondly, will the general handling of weapons be affected by the skills? And if, will there be skills on specific weapons (thinking like: favourite weapon - good shooting, new gun - bad aim, etc...) or will there just be skilltrees for handguns, rifles, etc..?

Thx for reply beforehand :)

4 минуты назад, Rex Hilverstone сказал:

Can please give me some examples of what guns will be in EFT?

Here

3 минуты назад, camouflash сказал:

Oh, nice thread :)

Q&A states "realistic ballistics", so I take it this includes gravity- and corioles force, as well as wind and weather (heat, humidity, rain) and magnetic fields?

Secondly, will the general handling of weapons be affected by the skills? And if, will there be skills on specific weapons (thinking like: favourite weapon - good shooting, new gun - bad aim, etc...) or will there just be skilltrees for handguns, rifles, etc..?

Thx for reply beforehand :)

Ballistics is theme for future upcoming videos. But. Corioles force. You serious? Its Hardcore but still a video game not simulation)))

• Upvote 8

Still no answer to variety of ammunition :usad:

Will we have-

Slugs/flexhettes/birdshots/buckshots/exotic rounds for shotguns?

AP/HP/HE/+P/I/T/french ball/lead nosed/.... variability?

-manual magazine load with unique cartridge system setup?

• Upvote 1

8 минут назад, Europoor сказал:

Still no answer to variety of ammunition :usad:

Will we have-

Slugs/flexhettes/birdshots/buckshots/exotic rounds for shotguns?

AP/HP/HE/+P/I/T/french ball/lead nosed/.... variability?

-manual magazine load with unique cartridge system setup?

For example 5.45x39 already have over 10 types of ammo in EFT

• Upvote 4

I'm mostly curious about handling of sniper rifles.

I assume wounds and blood pressure might affect the stillness of aim!?

What other parameters do we have to take into account in long range engagements?

47 minutes ago, Kiba_Stream said:

Ballistics is theme for future upcoming videos. But. Corioles force. You serious? Its Hardcore but still a video game not simulation)))

Well sort of, I was just curious, frankly, I'm happy with whatever we get, but the more realistic the better :)

8 минут назад, Skemba сказал:

I'm mostly curious about handling of sniper rifles.

I assume wounds and blood pressure might affect the stillness of aim!?

What other parameters do we have to take into account in long range engagements?

Yep. Good adjusted optics, cleaned gun, barrel length, ammo type. Wait for videos.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8

How much of a difference will attachments make to the weapons efficiency? Like for example different grips, how much will the certain grip effect the weapon for the player?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SILENTDEATH965 said:

How much of a difference will attachments make to the weapons efficiency? Like for example different grips, how much will the certain grip effect the weapon for the player?

Wanted to ask a similar one about silencers. Will they affect the projectile speed and drop over distance?

• Upvote 2

Will handguns be pea-shooters barely able to scratch Scavs? Or just as significant a threat as Rifles (well, slightly less so, and shorter ranged)?

Slightly related, regarding hitboxes: Will the Torso have multiple sections? IE, Heart shot VS gut, or just general Torso, Arm, Leg.

If you take aim at center mass, are you better off than just shooting anywhere on the torso section?

Joining the two, in Red Orchestra 2, you can manage 50+Metre heart/headshots with Nagant 1895s and Tokarevs. Can we, against an unprotected/unarmoured target, with favourable luck, expect to be able to do that with a handgun in EFT?

1. Is the weapon customization gonna be like Warface where your gun already comes with all the attachments? Or do you have to loot each and every attachment?

2. When it comes to ammo, is ammo sorted by weapon category (e.g. "9mm ammo" covering all 9mm calibers), or will there be individual calibers to find (e.g. .45 ACP +P)?

3. I noticed in the trailer when the Russian guy was fighting off the Americans, his gun would be planted against the wall when he took cover. Is this automatic or is there a button for this?

4. How will silencers affect your weapon? To balance them out, some games will give your gun decreased range/damage, however in real life the only thing that'd be affected would be the range due to the use of subsonic ammo.

5. If I'm strafing while shooting at someone (similar to the technique shown in the trailer), how will that affect my bullet trajectory? Will I have to lead my target slightly as result?

Edited by Patfast
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kiba_Stream said:

For example 5.45x39 already have over 10 types of ammo in EFT

That gets me excited for the shotgun ammo! 

5 minutes ago, Patfast said:

1. Is the weapon customization gonna be like Warface where your gun already comes with all the attachments? Or do you have to loot each and every attachment?

2. When it comes to ammo, is ammo sorted by weapon category (e.g. "9mm ammo" covering all 9mm calibers), or will there be individual calibers to find (e.g. .45 ACP +P)?

3. I noticed in the trailer when the Russian guy was fighting off the Americans, his gun would be planted against the wall when he took cover. Is this automatic or is there a button for this?

4. How will silencers affect your weapon? To balance them out, some games will give your gun decreased range/damage, however in real life the only thing that'd be affected would be the range due to the use of subsonic ammo.

5. If I'm strafing while shooting at someone (similar to the technique shown in the trailer), how will that affect my bullet trajectory? Will I have to lead my target slightly as result?

1. They already said you have to loot every attachments. You probably get the standard version with nothing on it. Except maybe the basic, like the CA2R. ( http://prntscr.com/9s7qrw )

5. They said you get less accuracy if you strafe, which is logical. (It's in FAQ somewhere)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Skemba said:

Wanted to ask a similar one about silencers. Will they affect the projectile speed and drop over distance?

Simultaneously asking another, but well connected question: will there be a difference, whether we use subsonic ammunition or normal ammunition with silencers? Remember, realism ;) 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, camouflash said:

Well sort of, I was just curious, frankly, I'm happy with whatever we get, but the more realistic the better :)

Well, that sort of factor would only matter at extreme range sniping, so coriolis wouldn't be a realistic factor in Tarkov-like engagement distances. Its inclusion, if noticeable wouldn't be realistic.

2 hours ago, Europoor said:

Simultaneously asking another, but well connected question: will there be a difference, whether we use subsonic ammunition or normal ammunition with silencers? Remember, realism ;) 

I'm suddenly imagining having to manually cycle your bolt if you use subsonic ammo, lol.

Just now, Sushi said:

Well, that sort of factor would only matter at extreme range sniping, so coriolis wouldn't be a realistic factor in Tarkov-like engagement distances. Its inclusion, if noticeable wouldn't be realistic.

I'm suddenly imagining having to manually cycle your bolt if you use subsonic ammo, lol.

Ooooor lighter bolt as a weapon optimalisation :uhappy: If using with regular ammo, less lifetime+ higher kickback

I do like the idea of at least having subsonic ammo for a silenced weapon, since you would need specific ammo for that sort of playstyle. And if subsonic ammo is more uncommon to get or more expensive as a trade-off for the fact you're using a silencer. I don't know anything about the cost of ammo, i'm just assuming something so specific as subsonic ammo would generally be more expensive? That is more expensive than the normal used ammo for that type of weapon.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Arngrim said:

I do like the idea of at least having subsonic ammo for a silenced weapon, since you would need specific ammo for that sort of playstyle. And if subsonic ammo is more uncommon to get or more expensive as a trade-off for the fact you're using a silencer. I don't know anything about the cost of ammo, i'm just assuming something so specific as subsonic ammo would generally be more expensive? That is more expensive than the normal used ammo for that type of weapon.

Hmm, since the amount of gunpowder is less, it have a lower price, but it is not as commonly produced, so it's more expensive

Yeah i assumed it would be more expensive since its less common than regular ammo. If its cheaper to produce or not is irrelevant in this game i think. Now i want a suppressed Nagant revolver for my sneaking needs! 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Europoor said:

Ooooor lighter bolt as a weapon optimalisation :uhappy: If using with regular ammo, less lifetime+ higher kickback

Lighter bolts should probably have faster reloading, like you said go faster but not as far.

Just now, Ayaku said:

Lighter bolts should probably have faster reloading, like you said go faster but not as far.

Not really. I forgot to mention that the recoil spring should also be changed this time in order to fully cycle. It would have the same, or maybe a bit lower RPM than normal I suppose.

How about breaking reload animation in several stages. 
So 1. drop mag 2. put new one 3. work the slide (if needed)

So if you interrupt reload (by dropping or switching weapon) but you have already done stage 1, when you switch to it again and reload it is missing the magazine and reload is continued from stage 2. 

And a practical bonus is that you can fire the gun in that situation without the magazine given you had a bullet in the chamber. Whole point of tactical reload

• Upvote 18

11 minutes ago, shifty said:

How about breaking reload animation in several stages. 
So 1. drop mag 2. put new one 3. work the slide (if needed)

So if you interrupt reload (by dropping or switching weapon) but you have already done stage 1, when you switch to it again and reload it is missing the magazine and reload is continued from stage 2. 

And a practical bonus is that you can fire the gun in that situation without the magazine given you had a bullet in the chamber. Whole point of tactical reload

out of +1 but that's a perfect idea!

• Upvote 2