Kiba_Stream

General questions on weapon implementation

14 minutes ago, shifty said:

How about breaking reload animation in several stages. 
So 1. drop mag 2. put new one 3. work the slide (if needed)

So if you interrupt reload (by dropping or switching weapon) but you have already done stage 1, when you switch to it again and reload it is missing the magazine and reload is continued from stage 2. 

And a practical bonus is that you can fire the gun in that situation without the magazine given you had a bullet in the chamber. Whole point of tactical reload

Yup. Definitely hated in some games that when you reload and stop when he puts the magazine, you have to still put it in.
You should defintely do that. That's awesome.

1 hour ago, shifty said:

So if you interrupt reload (by dropping or switching weapon) but you have already done stage 1, when you switch to it again and reload it is missing the magazine and reload is continued from stage 2. 

And a practical bonus is that you can fire the gun in that situation without the magazine given you had a bullet in the chamber. Whole point of tactical reload

BF4 did it well

@Kiba_Stream I notice in the promotional art there appears to be an RPG-26, a disposable rocket launcher. I know the Dev Q&A confirmed rockets, but I was wondering if anyone know how they work? Do they go in your backpack? Are they a weapon slot? Will the environment be destroyed when hit with explosives?

7 hours ago, shifty said:

Sooo much yes. I hate it when you're playing Insurgency or Red Orchestra 2, and when you twitch or sprint it resets your reload as if you never did it.

That firing gun during tactical load idea is really neat too.

15 час назад, SILENTDEATH965 сказал:

How much of a difference will attachments make to the weapons efficiency? Like for example different grips, how much will the certain grip effect the weapon for the player?

differently, depending on the mod

15 час назад, Skemba сказал:

Wanted to ask a similar one about silencers. Will they affect the projectile speed and drop over distance?

Yep

15 час назад, McGral сказал:

Will handguns be pea-shooters barely able to scratch Scavs? Or just as significant a threat as Rifles (well, slightly less so, and shorter ranged)?

Slightly related, regarding hitboxes: Will the Torso have multiple sections? IE, Heart shot VS gut, or just general Torso, Arm, Leg.

If you take aim at center mass, are you better off than just shooting anywhere on the torso section?

Joining the two, in Red Orchestra 2, you can manage 50+Metre heart/headshots with Nagant 1895s and Tokarevs. Can we, against an unprotected/unarmoured target, with favourable luck, expect to be able to do that with a handgun in EFT?

- In EFT handguns is serious CQB weapon

- Cant tell that

- If you skilled enough

14 часа назад, Patfast сказал:

1. Is the weapon customization gonna be like Warface where your gun already comes with all the attachments? Or do you have to loot each and every attachment?

2. When it comes to ammo, is ammo sorted by weapon category (e.g. "9mm ammo" covering all 9mm calibers), or will there be individual calibers to find (e.g. .45 ACP +P)?

3. I noticed in the trailer when the Russian guy was fighting off the Americans, his gun would be planted against the wall when he took cover. Is this automatic or is there a button for this?

4. How will silencers affect your weapon? To balance them out, some games will give your gun decreased range/damage, however in real life the only thing that'd be affected would be the range due to the use of subsonic ammo.

5. If I'm strafing while shooting at someone (similar to the technique shown in the trailer), how will that affect my bullet trajectory? Will I have to lead my target slightly as result?

1- only looted or purchased attachments

2- individual calibers

3- you cant do that ingame

4- damage indirectly. Less speed, less chance to penetrate armor

5- like in real life

12 часа назад, Europoor сказал:

Simultaneously asking another, but well connected question: will there be a difference, whether we use subsonic ammunition or normal ammunition with silencers? Remember, realism ;) 

the answer was given earlier

9 часов назад, shifty сказал:

- yep. But we have more "stages"

- you can fire weapon without mag but with ammo in chamber

1 час назад, Sushi сказал:

@Kiba_Stream I notice in the promotional art there appears to be an RPG-26, a disposable rocket launcher. I know the Dev Q&A confirmed rockets, but I was wondering if anyone know how they work? Do they go in your backpack? Are they a weapon slot? Will the environment be destroyed when hit with explosives?

Sooo much yes. I hate it when you're playing Insurgency or Red Orchestra 2, and when you twitch or sprint it resets your reload as if you never did it.

That firing gun during tactical load idea is really neat too.

You can transport laucnhers in backpack

7 минут назад, pontazza сказал:

Hi, basic question: will weapons have a fire selector based on the real gun? (eg. single, 3 rounds burst, auto)

Thanks

yep, more than that swithching the selector is animated (you can see that in gameplay video)

• Upvote 7

22 minutes ago, Monsterboy360@yahoo.com said:

How many different reasons will a gun jam? will there be different ways to fix it or just a single way?

Jam, misfire---> manual cycle then fire 

Maybe if the gun is deteriorated, main parts will break, which you will have to change

As an extension to the sub vs supersonic ammunition with suppressors, it would be best if we had the option (or mistake) of being able to load subsonic or supersonic, based on whether we consider stealth a priority or just a reduced sound signature, especially given that the durability system allows for faster degradation of the suppressor condition using supersonic loads.

I have a feeling that this may have been answered before, but will using your weapon without the cover (as shown in some screenshots) cause it to misfire/jam or otherwise deteriorate more often/faster?

В 20.01.2016в20:58, Monsterboy360@yahoo.com сказал:

How many different reasons will a gun jam? will there be different ways to fix it or just a single way?

Several ways. It could be stove pipe or misfire for example/

13 часа назад, ThE_OnE сказал:

I have a feeling that this may have been answered before, but will using your weapon without the cover (as shown in some screenshots) cause it to misfire/jam or otherwise deteriorate more often/faster?

Maybe

• Upvote 2

How major will weapon overheating be? Will it happen often, or only after neglect or misuse of a weapon (Shooting way more than necessary, never replacing parts.)

On 20/1/2016 at 7:08 PM, shifty said:

Good point! That would add some immersion and be less frustrating when reloading a LMG.

On 21-1-2016 at 9:56 PM, IanTheHunter said:

How major will weapon overheating be? Will it happen often, or only after neglect or misuse of a weapon (Shooting way more than necessary, never replacing parts.)

Well, a weapon wouldn't overheat when it's cooled off. And i doubt many weapons will overheat after 3 mags of full auto firing. So the point of overheating has to be quite big.

• Upvote 1

I have a question about weapon customization. I know it will be pretty in depth but say there's a 1911, just standard nothing extra. Would it be possible to find extra parts for it in game and make it better, like the hammer, sights, beavertail, etc

36 minutes ago, bristow84 said:

I have a question about weapon customization. I know it will be pretty in depth but say there's a 1911, just standard nothing extra. Would it be possible to find extra parts for it in game and make it better, like the hammer, sights, beavertail, etc

YES. Apparently the modular weapon customisation in this game is a selling point. So my best guess would be YES.

Will the weapon customization be rooted in real life application or will it have certain "gameplay" explanations. What I mean is, I've noticed in other games that have weapon modification, they will offer some weird reason why the stock will give the gun more damage. I was looking at the M4 forum post and saw all of the mods that you can do

"Upper Receiver, stock, pistol grip, magazine, charging handle, barrel, forend(+gas pipe), foresight, rear sight, muzzle break, tactical grips, various mounts and adapters for sights and attachments."

I know that it was answered here already, but all that we got was that mods will affect weapons depending on the mod. If possible, could the devs give us some specific examples? Let's say, a stock, gas tube, pistol grip, and forend. How will these affect gameplay in a way that is believable and realistic?

How will melee and hand to hand combat work,like as seen in the triler would be a good ideea that when you are in had to hand combat distance to can dodge,so maybe there is a chance that your opponent will lose his weapon;and more complex hand to hand/melle combat would be awesome in a game like EFT,not to complex but at least more complex that normal shooters have,so the player would have a influence over it,like if you hit someone he will get a little bit dizzy,and his screen will be a little blured or will suffer some sort of visual effect,or he will lose his weapon,or be tron on the ground...all sorts of toose stuff,this will ad more realism to the game.

Also i want to ask if there will be C4,or some sort of triggered explosive,this will also add more possibilities in the game,like in freeroam esspecialy if you know that someone will pass near a certain spot,you could hide some explosives,and as they pass you could detonate it.

Will longer barrels increase velocity and penetration through environments and armor?

Edited by indyjons

I am curious about how you guys will be implementing EPR, SOST etc.  How many varietals can we expect and will they model the accurate damage, penetration, and so forth.  since these are very common rounds in the US Army and Navy respectively and the SOST round has been adopted by multiple special forces units it is quickly becoming a very popular round and such variants would likely show up in a situation like Tarkov.

В 24.01.2016в05:56, bristow84 сказал:

You can change slide or grips. Hammer and internal parts not customizable for now.

В 24.01.2016в11:42, Khangirey сказал:

Will the weapon customization be rooted in real life application or will it have certain "gameplay" explanations. What I mean is, I've noticed in other games that have weapon modification, they will offer some weird reason why the stock will give the gun more damage. I was looking at the M4 forum post and saw all of the mods that you can do

"Upper Receiver, stock, pistol grip, magazine, charging handle, barrel, forend(+gas pipe), foresight, rear sight, muzzle break, tactical grips, various mounts and adapters for sights and attachments."

I know that it was answered here already, but all that we got was that mods will affect weapons depending on the mod. If possible, could the devs give us some specific examples? Let's say, a stock, gas tube, pistol grip, and forend. How will these affect gameplay in a way that is believable and realistic?

Real life style. Better pistol gives you more control for example.

14 часа назад, indyjons сказал:

Will longer barrels increase velocity and penetration through environments and armor?

Accuracy at least

9 часов назад, grislebane сказал:

I am curious about how you guys will be implementing EPR, SOST etc.  How many varietals can we expect and will they model the accurate damage, penetration, and so forth.  since these are very common rounds in the US Army and Navy respectively and the SOST round has been adopted by multiple special forces units it is quickly becoming a very popular round and such variants would likely show up in a situation like Tarkov.

Many and many variants.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, sKYYY said:

Does there will be an option to load a tracer round after every third normal round in magazine(clip)?

I would be cool to make a custom magazine with all sorts of bullets.

For magnified optics that are designed with adjustable elevation/windage (PSO, various 6x+ magnification scopes, e.g. 10x Leupold MkIV, not ACOG/SUSAT/ELCAN style), will the adjustments be available in the correct increments (1.0, 0.5, .25 MoA, 0.1 mil, 100m on PSO) or will the zero just be adjusted automatically for a given range (e.g., 100 meter increments)?

• Upvote 2