Kiba_Stream

General questions on weapon implementation

10 час назад, Starlight сказал:

For magnified optics that are designed with adjustable elevation/windage (PSO, various 6x+ magnification scopes, e.g. 10x Leupold MkIV, not ACOG/SUSAT/ELCAN style), will the adjustments be available in the correct increments (1.0, 0.5, .25 MoA, 0.1 mil, 100m on PSO) or will the zero just be adjusted automatically for a given range (e.g., 100 meter increments)?

Second variant. Its still a game.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Kiba_Stream said:

So would this be similar to the Battlefield 4 mechanic? You press your select-fire button and it adds 100 meters to the range?

Windage and elevation adjustment is on scopes is really very skillful handing Arms for a person. Mostly 6x and above magnification scopes.

Ironsight & BUIS in most weapon normally in real life can shoot up to 300m straight aim, but 450m for bullet drop.

ACOG style is commonly used in roles of a Marksman firing singleshot in combat, effective targeting 400-600m threats.

On 27.01.2016 at 11:08 AM, Kiba_Stream said:

Well it should be still a littlebit more complex that what you see in normal videogames...EFT is a very realistic game,and it woul be awesome to require some skill for adjusting scopes as well

• Upvote 1

I wish for not too realistic game. I think that arma is doing that part well. I am more looking for a game that will be fun to play and where teamwork will actually be rewarded. Also less buttons to use while welding the gun the better. 

24 minutes ago, Scruffy said:

I wish for not too realistic game. I think that arma is doing that part well. I am more looking for a game that will be fun to play and where teamwork will actually be rewarded. Also less buttons to use while welding the gun the better. 

But Arma doesn't have a dedicated survival mod that is as smooth as and better than this. Also, this game is designed to be a realistic surivival game; however I do support the idea of using less buttons to wield a firearm. In my opinion, the game you are looking for is The Division

• Upvote 1

How is weapon cleaning or repair/maintenance going to be implemented?

Something simple, such as buying and using a cleaning kit/replacement parts? Or a sort of minigame where you manually clean whatever on the gun?

I can understand the first one, and the second would get tedious after the first dozen times.

Edited by McGral
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, GUNPOINT1O1 said:

But Arma doesn't have a dedicated survival mod that is as smooth as and better than this. Also, this game is designed to be a realistic surivival game; however I do support the idea of using less buttons to wield a firearm. In my opinion, the game you are looking for is The Division

I had big hopes for The Division, however they made a game that does not appeal to me anymore. However, EFT looks quite promising. I agree in fact that wee need good realistic survival game but easy and smooth fighting engagements. I am willing to give them a chance by preordering. I hope they do not over-complicate it and get into loops like DayZ Standalone.

This to me looks like my old wish... survival game on the frostbite like engine!

Hope to meet you in Tarkov :useriously:

Edited by Scruffy
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, McGral said:

How is weapon cleaning or repair/maintenance going to be implemented?

Something simple, such as buying and using a cleaning kit/replacement parts? Or a sort of minigame where you manually clean whatever on the gun?

I can understand the first one, and the second would get tedious after the first dozen times.

Probably: left click>clean rifle or more in-depth: click>disassemble, click>clean[part here] 

I think that ammo should be expensive and scarce, rear... It will make you think twice if you want to spend a bullet on someone or save it when in trouble. That would probably pull people to team up and venture Tarkov together.

Maybe "Friendly in Tarkov" will actually mean that!

On 1/19/2016 at 9:02 AM, Kiba_Stream said:

Here we will discuss general issues of implementation of the weapons in the Escape from Tarkov.

Mechanics, ballistics, handling techniques, customization, etc.

There is no need to request to add specific weapon in the game. (otherwise I start to punish)

i hope this isn't the case, but will there be cosmetic skins in the game for anything (not just weapons)?

22 hours ago, Scruffy said:

I think that ammo should be expensive and scarce, rear... It will make you think twice if you want to spend a bullet on someone or save it when in trouble. That would probably pull people to team up and venture Tarkov together.

Maybe "Friendly in Tarkov" will actually mean that!

You can buy ammo at the stores.

If you will use sub sonic bullets + supressors  ;

You can increase the accuracy of regular bullets when used with supressed dmr and sniper rifles with a penalty of weapon damage (chamber and barrel) .. 

Sub sonic ammo needs specific powder that burns more slowly than regular powder , also less amount of powder is used .. More expensive because of production units and storage conditions ..Leaves more residue in mechanical parts

Will there be higher caliber assault rifles than AK74 and M4A1? I mean i love the old AK47 and AKM. And if you DO have AK47, will it pierce armor better than AK74?

3 minutes ago, commandohorror said:

Will there be higher caliber assault rifles than AK74 and M4A1? I mean i love the old AK47 and AKM. And if you DO have AK47, will it pierce armor better than AK74?

I believe most models of the AK family will be in-game, including the AK-47 and other weapons using the 7.62mm rounds 

All Russian AK family will be represented in game. Also civilian market variants of AK will be added, like Saiga, Vepr.

• Upvote 5

A question : when we fire with a bolt action weapon, is it planned to force the player to eyes out the scope while doing the bolt action animation ?

1 час назад, Kovacs сказал:

A question : when we fire with a bolt action weapon, is it planned to force the player to eyes out the scope while doing the bolt action animation ?

Maybe it wiil be optional.

1 hour ago, Kiba_Stream said:

Maybe it wiil be optional.

How will manual action (bolt or pump action, single action revolvers?) cycle in this game? Some do it automatically, but I enjoyed Red Otchestra 2 optional of automatic, but my preference was manual.

Click the fire button to cycle the weapon when you want. This lets the user either see what he shoots, while also selecting the in scope or out of scope option.

I don't suppose you can divulge that info? Auto or manual cycling?

Question B, when checking ammo left in a mag, the Action trailer showed the ammo count in numbers, is that planned to be the final implementation? To use RO2 as another example, they have a similar visual (removing Mag) but do not list the number, just "full", "over/under half" or "close to empty".

As you said above, some of the mags will have windows, but that seems redundant if the game tells you exactly how many bullets you have left.

Edited by McGral

3 minutes ago, McGral said:

As you said above, some of the mags will have windows, but that seems redundant if the fame tells you exactly how many bully's you have left.

Inside Pmag's, there is the clear window on the side you can gauge such as..

there are different types you can buy, not sure which ones they plan on implementing..but the Magpul one gives you a count on the side, as you see, and the all clear one is a bit easier to tell EXACTLY how many you have at a quick glance. Hope this helps!

pmag1.jpg

pmag2.jpg

• Upvote 1

19 минуту назад, McGral сказал:

How will manual action (bolt or pump action, single action revolvers?) cycle in this game? Some do it automatically, but I enjoyed Red Otchestra 2 optional of automatic, but my preference was manual.

Click the fire button to cycle the weapon when you want. This lets the user either see what he shoots, while also selecting the in scope or out of scope option.

I don't suppose you can divulge that info? Auto or manual cycling?

Question B, when checking ammo left in a mag, the Action trailer showed the ammo count in numbers, is that planned to be the final implementation? To use RO2 as another example, they have a similar visual (removing Mag) but do not list the number, just "full", "over/under half" or "close to empty".

As you said above, some of the mags will have windows, but that seems redundant if the fame tells you exactly how many bully's you have left.

Pump action for now automaticaly. You can choose firemode for double action revolvers. I dont know how to translate this)))  1- On LMB you pressing the trigger, hammer is pulled back to the cocked position. At the same time, the cylinder is indexed to the next round. The hammer is released to strike the firing pin. 2- Hammer is already pulled back to the cocked position and cylinder is on current round, you press LMB and hammer is released to strike the firing pin, then you pull hammer to cocked position and rotate cylinder for next shot. I hope this helps to understand what i mean)))))))))

We removed already count in numbers. Its not cool)))

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Kiba_Stream said:

We removed already count in numbers. Its not cool)))

Maybe weight indication like in ARMA2 ACE mod, checking mag tell something like: "full, almost, full, more than half, half, less than half). In real life you can guest amount of bullets by the weight of magazine. Without that you can know that you have at least 2 bullets in chamber (because you see always only first 2).

Video shows how it works 

Edited by shark