Name: АKS-74U
Type: assault rifle
Country of origin: Russia
Produced: 1979 - current
Variants: АKS-74U, АKS-74UN, AKS-74UB
Caliber: 5.45x39
Action: long-stroke gas piston
Feed system: box magazine
Customization: Muzzle device, handguard, rear sight, dust cover, magazine, pistol grip, charging handle, buttstock, mounts and rails for attachments.

Reduced version of AKS-74 assault rifle, developed in the early 80ies for combat vehicle crews and airborne troops, also became very popular with law enforcement and special forces for its compact size.

Aksu… Although this word means “white water” in Common Turkic, it have had much more use as a short name for AKS74U - a shortened modification of the AK74 assault rifle, developed in the 70ies to become the standard service weapon for combat vehicle teams, pilots, artillery crews and airborne assault troops. Thanks to its compact size, AKS74U was also widely used in law enforcement and security agencies.

It can be distinguished from AKS74 by a barrel twice as short and 350 and 500m ramp-type rear sight. Compact size, allowing concealed carrying, is its main advantage, counterbalanced by low precision of automatic fire and tendency to quickly overheat during sustained burst-firing.

We present to you the screenshots of how this short assault rifle looks in Escape from Tarkov. It is already available in Alpha! Hope you sensed an urge to take in your hands and feel its worn edges, otherwise making it was an exercise in futility for us.

(we will add the full information soon)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

• Upvote 16

Absolutely gorgerous Suchka. I am always surprised by incredible attention to details. Nice work.

Also I may be wrong but should not be standard issue pistol grip on these guns made of bakelite?

About time that the AKS-74U was modeled correctly since many games are notorious on making a wrong model of the AKS-74U with some examples had their folding stocks removed.

4 hours ago, Okijoker said:

I hope the silencer will be realistic and important.

They should be i mean they take real sounds from real guns and put them into the game. The gunplay in the videos they show looks good so it should be good

Great rifle, to much short barrel by my opinion, but night shooting with AKSU in night is great. In afghanistan in 80ths sometimes soviet paratroopers srew off muzzle flash supressor from rifle to imitate DSHK heavy machingun to pin down mujahedeens. I love AK rifles, btw i have 2 of them for 5,45x39 and 1 for 7,62x39.

• Upvote 1