On 2/2/2016 at 0:09 PM, Zukku said:

Why are you worried about when the grains of sand. In this video roasted BBQ and make ice cream :)

well i cant see whats all the drama about an AK being used as a Mixer\Toaster\Bottle-Opener and even a killing machine, we Russians make it simple, we make it work.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Eyepox said:

well i cant see whats all the drama about an AK being used as a Mixer\Toaster\Bottle-Opener and even a killing machine, we Russians make it simple, we make it work.

well everything dose not work as good as the ak.... would not call a Lada a go to car xD

6 часов назад, Samsevo сказал:

well everything dose not work as good as the ak.... would not call a Lada a go to car xD

lada is not for war. that's all))))))

• Upvote 1

On 1/31/2016 at 11:15 AM, ginosaggydude said:

Its very nitpicky, i know, but in the images where the dust cover is absent and you can see the internals of the gun, the bolt seems to be absent. The bolt carrier is perfectly modeled, but the hole where the bolt should be protruding is empty. Would be cool to see for the sake of realism. Still the best gun model I've seen in a game! Awesome job.              

Also, here is an image of my 47 with the dust cover off. The bolt is the same as the 74 and you can see it protruding from the bolt carrier.photo.thumb.JPG.46b8c01938aa5c7b91011a70

Hi @TarkovEscaper I wanted to point out something I noticed in the "Action Trailer."

vlcsnap-2016-02-14-01h38m30s079.thumb.pn

The ELCAN Specter scope on the AK-74 appears to have the wrong reticle. It has the "Rapid Acquisition Feature" reticle from the SpecterOS3.0 (instruction manual, page 11.) It appears instead to be a type of 4x Specter sight, like the Specter OS4 (manual here.) It's also an illuminated reticle:

IMG_7158.jpg

See how there's a rail on both sides and on top?

vlcsnap-2016-02-15-02h01m04s930.thumb.pn

The Tarkov Elcan lacks the markings or throw-lever of a variable-mag Specter sight and doesn't have the rails like the 3.0, has a longer tube and larger knob placed mid-way back. I dunno if it's another placeholder like the green Eotech sight, but thought it was worth pointing out.

That said I think it looks a lot better for it but I guess it is still technically an error?

EDIT: Also, the AK-74 says it's "direct impingement gas system." That's an M4 / AR-15, the AK-74 should be "Long-Stroke Gas Piston."

Edited by Sushi
  • Upvote 3

I wanna hear about the licensing deals with Izhmash and co. People don't realize that when a movie or game feature a company's product (a gun or any product really) producers/developers have to obtain the rights to use said products. It's the reason many games use generic weapons or create weapons of their own - to avoid royalties and licensing issues e.g. fallout 4 not including M16's or AK's.

From what I've seen there are some wicked third party optics and attachment's available ingame! I want to know what all companies can we expect to see! So far I've seen EoTech optics in the gameplay among others - so should we expect them to lose  zero in harsh climates and stop working in high humidity? ;D

• Upvote 1

On 1/22/2016 at 5:05 AM, TarkovEscaper said:

Name: АK-74
Type: assualt rifle
Country of origin: Russia
Produced: 1974 - 1991
Variants: АK-74; АK-74N; (also planned  АKS-74; АКS-74N; АKS-74U; АKS-74UN; АKS-74UB)
Caliber: 5.45x39
Action: direct impingement gas-operated
Feed system: box magazine
Customization: Muzzle device, handguard, rear sight, dust cover, magazine, pistol grip, charging handle, buttstock, mounts and rails for attachments

5,45 мм Kalashnikov , developed in 1970 by М. Т. Kalashnikov. What i can tell? Its AK. Who dont know the AK?

3ohOf3SS2wY.thumb.jpg.1d9d1f39e3a46f7fa2sKgbXcj0TWM.thumb.jpg.0a4132e2568237471056a1288d5c036_.jpg.6de99a0525772f5261406

Action: direct impingement gas-operated

Uhm...I think you mean long-stroke gas piston

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, TovarishTony said:

I wonder if this game will also have the 7.62x39mm variants like the AKM and AK-103

I am 110% sure.

On March 7, 2016 at 2:00 AM, micnorian14 said:

I wanna hear about the licensing deals with Izhmash and co. People don't realize that when a movie or game feature a company's product (a gun or any product really) producers/developers have to obtain the rights to use said products. It's the reason many games use generic weapons or create weapons of their own - to avoid royalties and licensing issues e.g. fallout 4 not including M16's or AK's.

From what I've seen there are some wicked third party optics and attachment's available ingame! I want to know what all companies can we expect to see! So far I've seen EoTech optics in the gameplay among others - so should we expect them to lose  zero in harsh climates and stop working in high humidity? ;D

There's no need to worry about anything like that. If you take a look at the devs' previous game Contract Wars, all guns have accurate names. I suppose it's a perk of being a Russian developer.

Besides, EA set a precedent by not paying royalties to weapons companies for their guns already.

I am definitely going to laugh if my AK keeps jamming in game :P. Previous owner must have been a total and utter #@$!%

I want my Kalash to be a Kalash :P

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pervinan said:

I am definitely going to laugh if my AK keeps jamming in game :P. Previous owner must have been a total and utter #@$!%

somewhere in the q&a forums i read that every gun part will have a condition status like worn, normal, excelent etc. and as i said before im sure that devs implemented AK's  as the most reliable guns in the game, i bet they jam less and degrade slowly in contrast to other guns, exactly like in the real life ! just dont forget to put the dust cover back on :P

16 minutes ago, VinceVega said:

somewhere in the q&a forums i read that every gun part will have a condition status like worn, normal, excelent etc. and as i said before im sure that devs implemented AK's  as the most reliable guns in the game, i bet they jam less and degrade slowly in contrast to other guns, exactly like in the real life ! just dont forget to put the dust cover back on :P

Well said mate!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pervinan said:

I want my Kalash to be a Kalash :P

oh boy, have fun with unjamming it, if you have a bent gas piston/dirty or blocked gas port valve/broken or problematic extractor, and other mechanical failures.