I have a small animation tip for reloading/charge operation of the AK-family:

The more tactical way of handling the chargergrip on the AK-family..

A Golden rule which my Platoonleader always told each of us even still it's an M/95 (C7A1), ALWAYS HAVE your main hand planted in the pistolgrip about the trigger ALWAYS!, So how to operate the AK is easy now:

1.) You are having an empty mag. What to do? You even take it off by hand or in a more advanced way with a new fresh mag pushing/hitting it off.

2.) Incerts a new mag

3.)  Two ways to operate and pull back the charger is low under the weapon and up to draw back the chargegrip to be ready to shoot.... As you have ready your main hand in hte pistolgrip. Or take your hand over the weapon down to pull back the chargergrip

Just consider it I would be happy to see such reloading animation for more tactical accuracy :) good day folks!

On 4/16/2016 at 4:31 AM, morten91 said:

A Golden rule which my Platoonleader always told each of us even still it's an M/95 (C7A1), ALWAYS HAVE your main hand planted in the pistolgrip about the trigger ALWAYS!, So how to operate the AK is easy now:

1.) You are having an empty mag. What to do? You even take it off by hand or in a more advanced way with a new fresh mag pushing/hitting it off.

2.) Incerts a new mag

3.)  Two ways to operate and pull back the charger is low under the weapon and up to draw back the chargegrip to be ready to shoot.... As you have ready your main hand in hte pistolgrip. Or take your hand over the weapon down to pull back the chargergrip

Just consider it I would be happy to see such reloading animation for more tactical accuracy :) good day folks!

You may not realize but the skills system actually contains different animations for reloads with varying effectiveness. If you watch the developer diary #1 Kiba shows the difference in the reloading animations.

Progression through the skills results in the reload you're describing (under the grip/left hand charge). "Like a true Spetznaz," Kiba says.

• Upvote 1

On 4/16/2016 at 1:31 PM, morten91 said:

2.) Incerts a new mag

that's western doctrine, that makes sense for the magazine fed rifles the west uses (FAL/G3/ARs), which have all the controls on the left side. For AK, it requires much less dexterity to pull the charging handle with right hand. So it's standard doctrine in ex-WARPAC countries (where the game is set) to pull the handle with the right hand. For units that have more time to train, they might use the western method, but it's only elite ones or contractors (eg not conscripts, not PMC)

Spetsnaz may have different ways in handling AKs like this video

Most likely better ergonomics go to elite forces like Spetsnaz which the elite forces get the AK-12 while the regular ones get AK-74M3

So hard to find good images of the AK-74M3 but they were parade at the last year's victory day parade. Maybe we may see AK-74M, AK-74M3 and AK-12 in Tarkov.

There is something wrong with internals of the AK.

The bolt should be in a rear position sticking out of bolt carrier like here:20160519_164714.jpg

But it the game it is like this:

d9d17eeee57974a82d00b13b89729f23.jpg

Bolt should be in the position as it in the game only when you start pulling the bolt carrier back.

20160519_164748.jpg

A minor issue... I still felt it should have been adressed though.

Edited by CZelednikov
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, CZelednikov said:

There is something wrong with internals of the AK.

The bolt should be in a rear position sticking out of bolt carrier like here:20160519_164714.jpg

But it the game it is like this:

d9d17eeee57974a82d00b13b89729f23.jpg

Bolt should be in the position as it in the game only when you start pulling the bolt carrier back.

20160519_164748.jpg

A minor issue... I still felt it should have been adressed though.

Nice find buddy, @Kiba_Stream

I am really looking forward to trying out the AK-74. I have real World experience with a Romanian AKM, but I have never had the pleasure of handling any AK-74 in real life. This is the first weapon I am going to have my role playing character running around trying to find. ^_^  

Edited by MishaJames

Is it a grenade launcher under ? O.o do you planned about including two versions of the AK with launcher and without ? seems nice anyway :P

5 hours ago, SegFault said:

Is it a grenade launcher under ? O.o do you planned about including two versions of the AK with launcher and without ? seems nice anyway :P

Looks like a GP-30. I imagine it'll just be a weapon accessory that you can attach or remove.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Sushi said:

Looks like a GP-30. I imagine it'll just be a weapon accessory that you can attach or remove.

Oh I see, a gun mod, looks good !

On 3/11/2016 at 3:41 AM, TovarishTony said:

I wonder if this game will also have the 7.62x39mm variants like the AKM and AK-103

the vz58 is 7.62 x 39 and ,I think, a better rifle than the  older AK47, would be cool to see the modern ak's though.

• Upvote 1

В 08.08.2016 в 22:11, SegFault сказал:

Grenade launchers is mod for compatible weapons.

• Upvote 2