AK-74 stats seem to be a little bit off. A lot off actually. For some reason it weights 5,1kg unloaded (compared to 3,1kg in real life) and despite such massive weight it kicks more than the M4 (which has more powerful round and should kick more if anything)

Apologies - 3kg for AK-74 and 3,6 for AK.74M in real life and 5,1kg in the game. Nonetheless the recoil should be lower than that of the M4

Edited by CZelednikov
  • Upvote 1

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:54 PM, CZelednikov said:

Apologies - 3kg for AK-74 and 3,6 for AK.74M in real life and 5,1kg in the game. Nonetheless the recoil should be lower than that of the M4

All things equal (having owned both) the recoil is roughly the same. I think this is something that should be accurately reflected in the game.

I never shot a 5.56 gun that has as low or lower recoil than the AK74. 
One might consider Wikipedia a poor source but I really haven't find anything else (except few comments on some forums claiming rather similar numbers):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_recoil
AK-74 - 3,4J
M16A2 - 6,4J

I could live with gun having the same recoil as the M4 as recoil might be (to a certain degree) subjective but it should definitely NOT have more. The AK-74 has pretty effective muzzlebrake and difference between 5.45x39 and 5.56x45 is 500J - that's quite a lot. AK-74 with grip, best muzzle device, stock and scope still kicks a lot more than unmodded M4 in the game. That is just nonsense.

Edited by CZelednikov

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:10 PM, CZelednikov said:

I never shot a 5.56 gun that has as low or lower recoil than the AK74. 
One might consider Wikipedia a poor source but I really haven't find anything else (except few comments on some forums claiming rather similar numbers):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_recoil
AK-74 - 3,4J
M16A2 - 6,4J

I could live with gun having the same recoil as the M4 as recoil might be (to a certain degree) subjective but it should definitely NOT have more. The AK-74 has pretty effective muzzlebrake and difference between 5.45x39 and 5.56x45 is 500J - that's quite a lot. AK-74 with grip, best muzzle device, stock and scope still kicks a lot more than unmodded M4 in the game. That is just nonsense.

I'd say my 74 was a little bit less using the 5.45x39, but not by a significant amount. Place an equivalent barrel length with the AR and give it a muzzle break and it should shoot almost identical I'd imagine. I had the standard flash-hider on my AR, and the standard Bulgarian/Russian 74 break, for reference. I think the 74 style muzzle break does it's job really well, but that thing is LOUD when you fire it. I loved shooting that rifle, heh.

Edited by DeltaElite121