I'd like to share my Reshade preset for Escape from Tarkov with you. The goal was to create a warm, cinematic look for the game without draining FPS.
First of all:
Q: Does the use of Sweetfx / Reshade get a player banned?
A: No, SweetFX will not be detected and flagged as a cheat by our anti-cheat system. We are constantly making improvements to help catch and ban any player who wishes to gain an unfair advantage over other players.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/irx9wvebhz7gzjt/⚔ Vikings Cinematic Tarkov ⚔.ini?dl=0
NOTE: You can deactivate the letterbox (black borders on top and bottom) with 1 click in the Reshade menu. Simply deselect the "Border.fx" option.
[Click through the screenshots in the top left corner]
How to install Reshade:
* Install ReShade (Download: https://reshade.me/)
* Navigate to the EscapefromTarkov.exe (NOT the Launcher)
* Click on OpenGL and then press "yes"
* Start the game and open up the ReShade menu with Shift + F2
* OPTIONAL: To speed up the loading of the shaders by like 90%, open the ReShade menu (Shift + F2) and under Settings activate "Performance mode". After loading the "Vikings Cinematic Tarkov" Preset into your game, close Escape from Tarkov and go to your installation folder. Go into "C:\Battlestate Games\Escape from Tarkov - Edge of Darkness Limited Edition\EFT\reshade-shaders\Shaders" and create a folder called "inactive" and drag ALL .fx Shader-files in there EXCEPT "AmbientLight.fx", "Colourfulness.fx", "AdaptiveSharpen", "Levels.fx", "ReShade.fxh", "Border.fx", "Bloom.fx", "Vignette.fx". This will make sure that the game only loads the shaders we need which speeds up the process enourmously.
How to install a preset:
* Drag & Drop "⚔ Vikings Cinematic Tarkov ⚔.ini" into your Escape from Tarkov folder ("C:\Battlestate Games\Escape from Tarkov - Edge of Darkness Limited Edition\EFT") and simply start the game with ReShade installed. Now bring up the menu with Shift + F2 and click on "home" and in the small dropdown menu there will automatically be a preset called "⚔ Vikings Cinematic Tarkov ⚔.ini" which you just click and you're done! Easy peasy.
* Other Presets can be found at https://reshade.me/presets if you search for "Escape from Tarkov"
Thanks for reading and good luck out there!