Zatsuya

The Sirup quests is one of the worst pieces of game design I have seen in a long time

Zatsuya

I've just spent the last hour running factory and have encountered 3 other PMCs. 1 of which was fully geared in killa, the other killed me on the same quest and the third was when I went in and forgot to bring a gun because it was the 15th time I'd done this. I have killed dozens of scavs with a pm and made a decent amount, but there's no point in bringing in something better if your only looking for hatchlings and mid gear players to head shot.

Gating game content behind a quest that is so dependent on luck to even come across another PMC and then require you kill them, regardless of how well they are geared. It is not fun, it servers no purpose at all in terms of story or importance and it locks other game content behind it. Its frustrating and pointless and in no way fun and it needs to change. At least with other quests you can use any weapon or are only expected to kill scavs. The only point I see to this quest is to drive away players that "aren't hardcore" enough for the BS

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

TarkovCitizen869897

Huh, i did not mind the pistol challange at all, went in with an Glock or the sr1mp. 

SoupyDelicious

Ahahaha he's complaining about the pistol challenge. What an absolute pussy you are. 

Edited by SoupyDelicious
  • Sad 2

Natalino

The mentioned quest is hated by some, indifferent by some and okayish by others and we know about it. The quests will be adjusted and improved as always. It is also important to note that lots of the current quests are not the main storyline quests (which will come in later on). 

SoupyDelicious
1 hour ago, Natalino said:

The mentioned quest is hated by some, indifferent by some and okayish by others and we know about it. The quests will be adjusted and improved as always. It is also important to note that lots of the current quests are not the main storyline quests (which will come in later on). 

Oh for the love of god please don't change this game to suit the lowest-common-denominator!  This quest is absolutely fine.  There are situations in game design where it's the player which must adapt and change, and not the game.

woterl

This quest is easy don't change it. 

Schaefer

Hasn´t Nikita said in the latest english podcast that these sidequests are purposefully build to be a nuisance and a pain in the arse?

SonOfSatan

Some tips I gave to another beginner. Also, Factory has 4-6 players per raid, which means you have at least three other players in-raid. If you've met 3 other players in 15 rounds then you're doing something terribly wrong, move and move fast.

• Buy 6 Makarovs, goal is one kill per raid
  • Go into factory raid with Mak and extra ammo/mag
  • Rush up to rafters and go above a high traffic area (despawn, pumping station, bridge)
  • Locate and track opponent
  • Headshot opponent when he's looting/opening doors/standing still

Zatsuya

Except half of the time I go to the shooting and high traffic areas all I find are dead pmcs killed by scavs. I went in over and over with an aps and AP rounds and it literally was only scavs over and ever, I only left if I got about high value guns from cases or scavs (which was rare) or I ran out of ammo. Every other time I stayed until death hunting. By the time I sprinted to gunfire or safe room pmcs were either dead or no longer there, so I moved on to the next one with the same results. Its not a fun quest when you don't even come across the targets for the quest, I dont know when you did it, but its not as easy as "Hur dur get good" there was literally no pmcs to kill and armies of scavs that tracked you as soon as you kill on of them.

I think its telling that there are so many other people complaining about this specific quest.

SoupyDelicious
On 6/18/2019 at 4:46 AM, Zatsuya said:

I think its telling that there are so many other people complaining about this specific quest.

Lol buddy, the only thing it's 'telling' is that there are a lot of whiny players who aren't willing to adapt and improve.

Sil3nc3IsGold3n

Some achievements and rewards in Tarkov should be behind hard quests, like extra containers. Ifor example like the sniper quests. Youre getting somthing special for it, so its ok if theyre hard.

Arzzet

Man, try another pistol first of all.