edgein73

Where's the best place to buy tushonka in real life?

edgein73

I want to buy some of this stuff in real life to see what it actually looks like inside and have a taste. I managed to find this:

https://babushkadeli.uk/en/canned-meat-pork-tushonka-400g

but it's pork and not beef like the one in the game. It would be awesome to get the exact one that's modeled in the game! :D

Would be helpful if it was in the UK as well.

Edited by edgein73

sleava

Well, first question is where you live. Not asking for an adress, but if you are in the country, you will have a much harder time. I live just north of Toronto, and there are 3 eastern euro delis near me.

First thing you should do is search online. Look for eastern european delis. A surprisingly large amount only advertise themselves as euro-delis (at least in Canada, might be weird in the UK), so you may want to call a few if they don't specify they cater to eastern european tastes.

As for Tushonka? Well, since getting the game, I have only been able to stop by the closest one to me. While they did have tushonka, it was American made, and not the real deal. Note that they translated it wrong in the game (close, but no cigar). Its not beef stew, it's stewed beef. You can get it as chicken, as well as beef and pork. I found it to taste pretty gamey in comparison to what me and my family are used to. Although it was not bad by any stretch (just not to my tastes), I eventually fed it to my dogs. Note it was also pretty expensive, like 9 dollars, and my dogs thought it was better than any other people food I have given them.

My advice, if you go to a euro deli, try other things there. I like playing a game of "spot the Tarkov items". I have a condensed milk paperweight, and HIGHLY recommend trying Russian chocolate. When it comes to chocolate with filling, I find the Russians do it best, hands down. Their solid chocolate is also top notch, and is definitely better (in my opinion) on average than German or Belgian chocolate. Also try the Russian version of Fizz candies if you can. I also have grown a soft spot for Polish butter. Not really a Tarkov item, but it has like a 20% higher fat content than western butters and tastes amazing. I'll note here though, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD YOU TRY KVASS, its evil and is only fit for torture.

TLDR, don't limit yourself to game items. You will be surprised about how many good things you can find at these delis. 

Edited by sleava
Added a warning

Arzzet
17 hours ago, sleava said:

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD YOU TRY KVASS, its evil and is only fit for torture.

This statement made my day. 😂

Snot_Shot
On 6/21/2019 at 1:29 AM, edgein73 said:

I want to buy some of this stuff in real life to see what it actually looks like inside and have a taste. I managed to find this:

https://babushkadeli.uk/en/canned-meat-pork-tushonka-400g

but it's pork and not beef like the one in the game. It would be awesome to get the exact one that's modeled in the game! :D

Would be helpful if it was in the UK as well.

There are few shops in London that sell variety of tushonka's but none of them have online shops. One large retailer of Eastern European foods is "Lituanica", I would recommend the one in Beckton.

A_Borg_Cube

Go to Russian shops or a town with high russian population. I live in NY so I go to Brighton Beach for Kvass, but I will def get tushonka next time because of Tarkov