Sign in to follow this  
Deepockent

Soft and Physical Skill Retention Post-Wipe

Keeping Skill Progress Post-Wipe  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should soft and physical skill be kept through the .12 wipe?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Deepockent

The upcoming update, and wipe that will certainly come with it, are massively anticipated by the community - Both those that are currently playing now, and certainly by those that stopped playing weeks ago out of frustration or boredom. .12 is going to be the largest update that the game has seen to date, with the inclusion of the Military Base map and the hideout, and we are all really excited to finally get our hands on it them. That being said, however, there are always people that hate to see wipes happen for whichever reason.

There are a lot of unknowns with the hideout as of yet. There have been rumors that we'll be able to take the PC parts from in raid and build bitcoin mining rigs, and Nikita confirmed that out of raid healing is definitely inbound, and there's tell of other PMC tamagachi-like maintenance potentially coming with that. I saw a post on the subreddit talking about the possibility of keeping soft skills to try it out for a wipe, and to say the least feedback was mixed, but I'm not sure that it's actually a bad idea.

I've been playing the game since however the goddamn long, back when buying EOD was the only way to get into the game. I've played every wipe, and been around for a minute, but in all that time usually only end up with perception at 51 - That's not quitting after two months, either. I'm currently sitting at level 50, and have 14 endurance and 11 strength. I throw a lot of grenades, and don't exactly wear light kit. But then, I'm also not bludgeoning anyone with a crowbar, or roasting my toes.

If there are not plans for the inclusion of passive skill leveling with the hideouts implementation in .12, it doesn't seem unreasonable to suggest that soft skills aren't reset with the wipe in an effort to both appease those that are inherently anti-wipe, while also testing the viability of long term skill leveling through multiple wipes in an effort to determine whether or not the current (non-cheese) skill leveling is viable for longer gameplay.

I'll include a poll here to get initial thoughts from folks that happen to see the posting, just to get an initial feel for community thoughts.

• Sad 1