krasnal595

Survival?

krasnal595

Hi  guys.  i want to introduce  my idea. With my friend  watch a lot of gameplays   and  we are thinking about the game maybe  you can  add a few animals (boar, deer, rabbits, wolves) to  gain some food or furs to sell.  I have lot of ideas  but i dont now  do you wanna to hear about this .

Cosantoir
1 hour ago, krasnal595 said:

Hi  guys.  i want to introduce  my idea. With my friend  watch a lot of gameplays   and  we are thinking about the game maybe  you can  add a few animals (boar, deer, rabbits, wolves) to  gain some food or furs to sell.  I have lot of ideas  but i dont now  do you wanna to hear about this .

Personally I don't overly like the idea for EFT but other games it does work well for HOWEVER it could be useful in a way to force players to shoot and give away their location a little and reduce the 100% covert campy rounds you get from time to time.

CrezyKoishi

I agree with this idea as it doesn't make quite a lot of sense that there are no animals (except birds) in the area. Exception should be made for some areas that are tightly shut off but other areas like forest, etc should at least have some animals.

smo0ths

yeah i wonder if small/large game will be added

Edited by smo0ths

DirtyOldMan1976

There should definitely be some animals in the outside maps. Dangerous ones like bears. Not sure about wolves, since they hunt in packs and you will not stand a chance if you're alone out there.

Just the thought of walking through the woods and suddenly standing in front of a bear creeps me out. As long as the animals behave realisticly (don't make them overaggressive unless they have kids with them maybe)

Then again, the maps may not be big enough for that. I don't know.

• Upvote 1

MadStalker

Is there a chance to meet pack of wild dogs in the Free-roam location?

Possibly.

From faq

• Upvote 1

Kiarlv

No bears please.... Just maybe a pack of dogs or smth like that we are not so far in forest to meet a bear or wolf next to big city

RuiningMyTeams
On 04/01/2017 at 11:18 AM, Cosantoir said:

Personally I don't overly like the idea for EFT but other games it does work well for HOWEVER it could be useful in a way to force players to shoot and give away their location a little and reduce the 100% covert campy rounds you get from time to time.

I'm newer to this game then most of here but in my opinion the game is incredible campy every round I've played there is always someone waiting at the exit to kill you after you spend ,20 mins looting and killed 2 players and other npc's .

I get why people do it. Its a great strategy to be honest why waste your time looting etc. When you can just kill others for there loot. And also by camping you are reducing the risk of being killed yourself, and not losing the loot you have bought to the raid.

Cosantoir
1 minute ago, Notourius said:

I'm newer to this game then most of here but in my opinion the game is incredible campy every round I've played there is always someone waiting at the exit to kill you after you spend ,20 mins looting and killed 2 players and other npc's .

I get why people do it. Its a great strategy to be honest why waste your time looting etc. When you can just kill others for there loot. And also by camping you are reducing the risk of being killed yourself, and not losing the loot you have bought to the raid.

Upcoming updates will change this hopefully. 

1) Scavs are being reduced to 3 per raid*

2) Insurance will make people less scared to actually bring their gear into a game.

I would also suggest move away from factory it's nice for the action but customs and woods are better way to test tactics and game mechanics. (also more geared players)

• Upvote 2

DirtyOldMan1976
vor 13 Stunden schrieb Kiarlv:

No bears please.... Just maybe a pack of dogs or smth like that we are not so far in forest to meet a bear or wolf next to big city

I'm not so sure about that, brother.

Lalostangles

In games like this there are always going to be people who will camp. It's the only way that you will survive. The game isn't like cod where if you do you just respawn with a full new set of gear and can run out again to get killed. It's more like real life where if you were in a fire fight you would try and hide to keep your self alive. 

With that in mind I do how ever completely agree with you that camping sucks and getting killed at the exit is not fun but that is and always will be the game. Just look at dayz, Arma 3 mods or h1z1. It's Mexer going to stop because it's what works. 

• Upvote 1

Kiarlv
6 hours ago, DirtyOldMan1976 said:

I'm not so sure about that, brother.

Yea 1 time in 9 years 1 bear goes in ciry so thats why we have to add a s*** load of bears in this city to get rid of campers 

DirtyOldMan1976
vor 6 Stunden schrieb Kiarlv:

Yea 1 time in 9 years 1 bear goes in ciry so thats why we have to add a s*** load of bears in this city to get rid of campers 

I did not say put a shitload of bears in the city. There are woods, you know. One bear per day or so is not too much. Also, I don't care about campers. If this was a real life situation, everybody would be a camper because nobody wants to die a stupid death.

If I understand the game correctly, it is about tactical survival. Camping is a big part of that. Like it or not. Think of snipers. A sniper who moves a lot is a very stupid and mostly a dead sniper.

But I see where this is leading, so let's end this unnecessary conversation right here.

Edited by DirtyOldMan1976

Agent_Heulsey
18 hours ago, Cosantoir said:

Upcoming updates will change this hopefully. 

2) Insurance will make people less scared to actually bring their gear into a game.

Great!!

I really love this game but I found it absurd to loose your gun in a fraction of a second.

Any idea when it will come up? (I already got Alpha)

Cosantoir
6 hours ago, Agent_Heulsey said:

Great!!

I really love this game but I found it absurd to loose your gun in a fraction of a second.

Any idea when it will come up? (I already got Alpha)

You need to slow down and remember that it's hyper realistic. 

Sadly in time the updates will come 

Agent_Heulsey
7 hours ago, Cosantoir said:

You need to slow down and remember that it's hyper realistic. 

If you read carefully, I wrote ''gun'' and not ''gear''.

Distiction is that a gear is just something you buy (which I don't mind losing).

But a gun is something you construct and takes time (several days or weeks... which is great btw) and losing it in a fraction of a second is absurd to me.

Imagine that, even the most seasoned player with his great gun, takes cover while under fire, receive a ricochet right in the forehead...

And while talking about being hyper realistic, why not start from scratch with a new character (at level 1) if you get killed?:bewhatev:

I love the realistic aspect of this game (simulation?), but there's a limit where it could just become a pain in the ass.

I just hope that the devs will draw the proper limit...:beoops:

Cosantoir
36 minutes ago, Agent_Heulsey said:

If you read carefully, I wrote ''gun'' and not ''gear''.

I know. My comment still stands though.

37 minutes ago, Agent_Heulsey said:

And while talking about being hyper realistic, why not start from scratch with a new character (at level 1) if you get killed?:bewhatev:

Definitely an idea but maybe a tad too hard core? I was referring and I imagine that most references to how hardcore the game is refer to the game-play. However going forward if you die in game you dont come back 100% HP right away it takes time and medicine to get you back fighting fit.

Agent_Heulsey
1 hour ago, Cosantoir said:

Definitely an idea but maybe a tad too hard core?

That was exactly my point, unless I can easily find the appropriate parts to build my gun, I don't think I'm gonna gamble it in multiplayer, we'll see...

Cosantoir
19 minutes ago, Agent_Heulsey said:

That was exactly my point, unless I can easily find the appropriate parts to build my gun, I don't think I'm gonna gamble it in multiplayer, we'll see...

I appreciate the connection and sentimental value of building your own gun and calling it "my M4"  but its so easy to buy guns that I really don't get the concern

Agent_Heulsey
8 minutes ago, Cosantoir said:

I appreciate the connection and sentimental value of building your own gun and calling it "my M4"

There you go, you got what I meant!

9 minutes ago, Cosantoir said:

but its so easy to buy guns that I really don't get the concern

A little strange... I didn't have the same experience.

Maybe because your character is at a higher level than mine?

Cosantoir
25 minutes ago, Agent_Heulsey said:

There you go, you got what I meant!

A little strange... I didn't have the same experience.

Maybe because your character is at a higher level than mine?

Yea I wouldn't be concerned right now with constant wipes and so on its hard for new players to catch up where people like me who are playing consistently for 6 months we know what to max and how to do it as quickly as possible. Once the wipes start to reduce you will be on top of your game in no time.