Sign in to follow this  
Questenberg

If you kill a player scav who's slaughtering AI scavs, why do the AI turn on you too?

Questenberg
Posted (edited)

Had to ruin my perfect streak of not killing a single scav when a player scav that was slaughtering all of the AI decided to run by me.  With so little time left in the match and having run around checking for USEC/Bears (this is Factory - small world), it was about the time that the next wave spawned in that I got gunned down.

So this makes me beg the question - if you're killing the guys who are slaughtering them, why do they turn on you?  You don't see AI scavs being 'punished' for killing homicidal player scavs, yet the players get the bad deal out of the situation?  Why is this still the case, player scavs not allowed to defend themselves unless it's USEC or Bear?

Edited by Questenberg

Meior

Had a similar situation on Shoreline. I was a scav and was ambushed by two player scavs. I killed them both, and then a third scav, AI, turned on me and I had to kill him too. They attacked me and I defended myself, surely I shouldn't be attacked by the AI? 

ShiroTenshi

If you don't attack them first, the AI won't aggro on you. And by attack i mean actually do damage to them before they damage you. In the game, the first person to cause damage is considered the aggressor.

Just this past week me and a friend were often attacked by a player scav and killed him right in front of AI scavs and they went on like nothing was wrong. Didn't attack us or even scream in our general direction.

thomasdarvik

@ShiroTenshi - Just had a raid on interchange where a scav was shooting AI scavs. He blacked out my arm (I was a scav too) as well, but when I finally shot him, the AI scavs turned on me and killed me with a one-tap to the face. I did not harm any of the other scavs, only shot the aggressor scav that at this point had blacked out my arm and shot 2 AI scavs.

Should that even be possible? I am 100% sure I didn't hurt any of the scavs, and I know 100% that the enemy scav was the one that shot me.

Wulffon

My experience is that if you kill a player scav and there is a normal scav next to him the normal scav will attack you.

Just kill em all ")

KageOni
On 7/3/2019 at 1:33 PM, ShiroTenshi said:

In the game, the first person to cause damage is considered the aggressor.

Could you also add the logic that any scav that hurts any other scav is free game. 

• Upvote 2

Raingod_ttv
On 8/1/2019 at 9:52 PM, KageOni said:

Could you also add the logic that any scav that hurts any other scav is free game.  

Also, if a player scav is looting near AI scav, make AI scav become aggressive to player scav.

MILLERx25
On 7/3/2019 at 10:33 AM, ShiroTenshi said:

If you don't attack them first, the AI won't aggro on you. And by attack i mean actually do damage to them before they damage you. In the game, the first person to cause damage is considered the aggressor.

Just this past week me and a friend were often attacked by a player scav and killed him right in front of AI scavs and they went on like nothing was wrong. Didn't attack us or even scream in our general direction.

don't want to assume im reading this correctly. but from how I understand what you said.

If a player scav does damage to an AI scav, but said player scav does not do damage to me and I do damage to the player scav I am then targeted by the AI scavs in the immediate area?

from a development standpoint that makes no sense. 

PressCheck9mm
5 hours ago, MILLERx25 said:

don't want to assume im reading this correctly. but from how I understand what you said.

If a player scav does damage to an AI scav, but said player scav does not do damage to me and I do damage to the player scav I am then targeted by the AI scavs in the immediate area?

from a development standpoint that makes no sense. 

In the words of the great warrior poet Lil John. "Don't start no poo, there won't be no poo."

• Like 2