PIG-Mathieu

Questions and Answers about the Hideout!

PIG-Mathieu

Questions and Answers about the Hideout!

image.png

Escapers,
With the upcoming release of the hideout, we collected some questions to answer them in this post! 

Question : When will hideout come?
Answer : In update 0.12

Question : Will we have the ability to add pictures as posters to the Hideout?
Answer : Not yet

Question : How exactly will crafting items work? Is it just one click and it's made?
Answer : You will need to have some specific items, you will need to click and wait for crafting completion

Question : Security tab? Can hideouts be raided by other players, or AI?
Answer : No, hideout can not be raided.

Question : Will we be able to craft (create) ammunition or weapons in the hideout?
Answer : Ammunition - yes.

Question : How do we upgrade the hideout? Will we need items, missions, etc?
Answer : Yes, you will need items, unlocked traders, completed quests, skills and money.

Question : What is the depth of customization for Hideout? (can we position items around, put stuff on table/shelf, guns/armor to showcase)
Answer : No personal customization yet. 0.12 will be the first iteration of hideout with basic functions.

Question : Will you we be able to walk around inside the hideout or is it similar to a menu?
Answer : Yes, you will be able to walk in there.

Question : Will we get multiple variants of the hideout at any point?
Answer : Probably not.

Question : What Hideout functionality interests you the most, Nikita?
Answer : The generator and crafting functionality.

Question : Will our character go directly to the Hideout after a raid or will we see the game menu with a “HIDEOUT” button?
Answer : There will be a “hideout” button.

Question : Where is the Hideout located on the Tarkov map? How accessible will it be for the player later in the development? (after connecting all maps together)
Answer : It's outside of the game world.

Question : Can we build a Chillout-Lounge ?
Answer : It is called the Rest space.

Question : Will it be possible to invite the Squad into the Hideout ?
Answer : Not yet.

Question : We should have to build a PC with all the components from the game. To be able to access the flea market. Make it a task for unlocking the hideout.
Answer : No, it's not planned. but you will be able to construct Bitcoin farm later in next updates.

Question : Can we use functional items we loot or buy?Like Zibbo lighters, Cigarettes, 5L propane tanks, Soap etc...? Can we make our own bitcoin farmer?
Answer : If you mean to actually light up lighter - no, not yet.

Question : Can we keep pets in our hideout?A cat please?(cat customization also please)
Answer : Cat customization.. in EFT.

Question : Any activity room planned? Or some kind of bar? I hope we can have some fun beyond the raid. Especially when we're in hideout and healing. Billiard, or poker?
Answer : Some metagames will come later.

Question : Will the Hideout release with post-raid healing?
Answer : Yes.

Question : Weapons and collectibles rack or exhibitor?
Answer : Something like this is planned.

Question : Can you explain the music/video system you guys spoke of in the past?
Answer : If you mean that you will be able to listen your music via music player, yes its planned. You will be able to put music files in a folder and system will play them

Question : Will the shooting range in Hideout have any “challenges” (you turn switch on and some targets start moving and counting score) or moving target to shoot ?
Answer : No, it's not planned yet

Question : Will post raid healing always happen? And if yes, will it be added with the hideout or in a future update?
Answer : Already answered. It will be added with hideout.

Question : What is the impact of hideout on the game? What's the purpose of the upgrades, what can we do inside Hideout, we will have first person inside hideout?
Answer : Everything has already been answered earlier.

Question : Will we have missions related to the maintenance and evolution of Hideout (to obtain fuel, for example, for possible generators or to acquire possible resources to improve Hideout ...) ?. Regarding the different packages or versions of the game, will someone with standard edition be able to enhance Hideout to the same level as someone who has an EOD version? Shall we start equally or will people with more expensive versions take advantage of storage space?
Answer : It was also answered before.

Question : Will we have more Stash available (more than EOD Stashsize) ?
Answer : No.

Question : Hows Hideout going to work in general, like enter/exit from hideout, do you press a button to go to hideout or you run to hideout.
Answer : Answered.

Question: Shooting range available?

Question : Weapon loadout visually displayed? (Weapons stand / showcase / table)
Answer : It's possible.

Question : Will we get extensions and new stuff regularly for Hideout?

Question : In the hideout, will we be able to paint weapons with aerosol cans or paints, to give the weapon a pattern or in the future free draw?
Answer : This is not related to hideout.

Question : In the hideout can we build our own ammunition?

Question: Can we see how weapons look with their mods?
Answer : It's possible.

Question : Can we improve skills in there?
Answer : Not yet.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1
  • Hot 5
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 3

Schaefer

Very nice,thank you!

I one of the last podcasts the devs meantioned a upcomming posibility to test long range weapons.

(i guess marksman rifles, rpgs,ubgl.etc..)

I think the shooting range in the hideout is not meant for such weaponery?!

• Like 1

RACWAR
5 minutes ago, PIG-Mathieu said:

Question : Will we have the ability to add own pictures as posters to the Hideout
Answer : not yet

Say if this ever comes, will we be able to put any pictures we want? Say I want a naked woman, this would have consequences if I would post this on the forum for obvious reasons, but in my hideout nobody can see it, so can we have whatever we want without restrictions or possible consequences?

7 minutes ago, PIG-Mathieu said:

Question : Will our character go directly to the Hideout after a raid or will we see the game menu where there will be a new “HIDEOUT” button, which will move us there?
Answer : there will be a “hideout” button

I feel like that this will negate the whole purpose of a hideout. I would much prefer if the player would be thrown directly into the hideout after the raid, no menu in between, for the sake of immersion. If you still have the current Stash menu view as we have it now, then the hideout somehow degenerates into something that you'll only do "now and then" and look into it only here and there to do your upgrades or crafting.

The hideout should completely replace the Stash menu.
Yes, it is much more convenient to do everything through the stash window than to run around sorting it "by hand". And that concerns me, because then the hideout may become obsolete and degenerate into a minor side activity because you still spend ~ 80% of your time in the stash menu regardless.

• Like 5
  • Hot 3
  • Upvote 2

Benshi84

I am happy for my standard edition. I have more challenge upgrading my stash instead of just receiving it from start. I am looking forward to see more upgradable stuff that makes looting and gathering items more interesting. 

Really amazing guys. Keep it up. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

cosey

Im more interested how exactly healing will work, do i have to manually go into my hideout and stay there and heal or it automatic/timer i have to wait before next raid?

PIG-Mathieu
26 minutes ago, Schaefer said:

Very nice,thank you!

I one of the last podcasts the devs meantioned a upcomming posibility to test long range weapons.

(i guess marksman rifles, rpgs,ubgl.etc..)

I think the shooting range in the hideout is not meant for such weaponery?!

Well it depends on if you want to blow yourself up or not :P

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 1

SyNrG
40 minutes ago, RAC-W said:

I feel like that this will negate the whole purpose of a hideout. I would much prefer if the player would be thrown directly into the hideout after the raid, no menu in between, for the sake of immersion. If you still have the current Stash menu view as we have it now, then the hideout somehow degenerates into something that you'll only do "now and then" and look into it only here and there to do your upgrades or crafting.

The hideout should completely replace the Stash menu.
Yes, it is much more convenient to do everything through the stash window than to run around sorting it "by hand". And that concerns me, because then the hideout may become obsolete and degenerate into a minor side activity because you still spend ~ 80% of your time in the stash menu regardless.

I feared that this is how they will implement the Hideout. I wanted to start up the game, and load into my Hideout. Walk to the kitchen, eat something, check on my meds, and ammo, pick up a backpack and vest, walk to the gun locker and pick a gun, then walk to the door and choose there where i want to go...(Labs etc). Done with raid, back in Hideout. then go to meds and heal up, start to unpack bag at the gun locker and "lucky Scav Junkbox" Now it just sounds like you describe... a forgotten side quest.

• Like 3
  • Hot 2
  • Upvote 1

There1sNoSpoon
Posted (edited)

Imagine a future iteration where it replaces the current in-game Menu entirely, you launch EFT and are taken directly to your Hideout. It's very possible, especially since we're already aware that we'll be building a PC for bitcoin farming. Why not have a default "basic" Tablet or PC with Windows Vista (LOL) where you access the traders inventory/tasks, the flea market, friends list, messaging, settings, etc. THAT is innovative. 

Think about how much potential the Hideout has with how it could interact with active Raids, especially in a squad setting. A task that requires someone to be in the Hideout for surveillance, intel, whatever, while the rest of the team is on the map. The interaction between Raid & Hideout should NOT be a one way street (only taking stuff in from a Raid and not being able to impact a Raid). The Hideout is likely the feature that will make or break this game for a lot of people depending on how it interacts with players IN RAIDS, players don't care about a new way to manage inventory. That's one dimensional, not something that keeps players interested. 

We've been hearing about this feature for a LONG time, and I can imagine how much hype there is in everyones minds about what to expect. I can only hope the the developers are thinking outside the box and will bring something revolutionary to the genre. Make a great game better, I promise it's worth it :)

Edited by Fat_Cock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SoarinSoars

Dont EOD have an expanded hideout?

Fireboi
1 minute ago, SoarinSoars said:

If by expanded you mean stash size, yes, otherwise, nothing has been said about it, but I HIGHLY doubt it.

SoarinSoars
3 minutes ago, Fireboi said:

If by expanded you mean stash size, yes, otherwise, nothing has been said about it, but I HIGHLY doubt it.

This is going to sound rude as duck, but isnt meant to be, but, can you go to the preorder page and click on the EOD additional equipment thing, and, tell me if it says anything about the hideout? My mobile wont let me see it.

Schaefer
vor 6 Minuten schrieb SoarinSoars:

When the hideout gets released EOD owners have the biggest stash size from the get go.

All other users can upgrade their stash to the same size via ingame means.

Fireboi
2 minutes ago, SoarinSoars said:

"This is going to sound rude as duck "---""

Nah, nothing.

SoarinSoars
1 minute ago, Schaefer said:

When the hideout gets released EOD owners have the biggest stash size from the get go.

All other users can upgrade their stash to the same size via ingame means.

Ah alright.

Just now, Fireboi said:

Nah, nothing.

Could have sworn a pod cast from nikita said the EOD would have a premium hideout rather than the standard bunker

Schaefer

Perhaps nikita meant the "premium" gamma container?  I think the gerber axe is also exclusive.

Darude1x
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, SoarinSoars said:

EOD already has storage capacity at the maximum level. Level 3.

Edited by Darude1x

SoarinSoars
3 minutes ago, Schaefer said:

Perhaps nikita meant the "premium" gamma container?  I think the gerber axe is also exclusive.

I believe it was before labs was released, he was talking about it. Again, I could be wrong!

ShiroTenshi
4 hours ago, SyNrG said:

I feared that this is how they will implement the Hideout. I wanted to start up the game, and load into my Hideout. Walk to the kitchen, eat something, check on my meds, and ammo, pick up a backpack and vest, walk to the gun locker and pick a gun, then walk to the door and choose there where i want to go...(Labs etc). Done with raid, back in Hideout. then go to meds and heal up, start to unpack bag at the gun locker and "lucky Scav Junkbox" Now it just sounds like you describe... a forgotten side quest.

Well, the thing is that at release you don't start out with access to the Hideout. The hideout will have to be unlocked before you can access it. So if you were to start the game and get loaded instantly to hideout, how could this happen before you have an hideout to actually load into?

DEVs have always said that the hideout is a visual representation of the stash and will not replace the main menu. It is simply not supposed to.

Perhaps having an option to opt into loading directly into hideout after discovering it would be a good addition later.

• Like 3
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 1

SyNrG
12 minutes ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Well, the thing is that at release you don't start out with access to the Hideout. The hideout will have to be unlocked before you can access it. So if you were to start the game and get loaded instantly to hideout, how could this happen before you have an hideout to actually load into?

DEVs have always said that the hideout is a visual representation of the stash and will not replace the main menu. It is simply not supposed to.

Perhaps having an option to opt into loading directly into hideout after discovering it would be a good addition later.

Having nearly 3000 hours in ARMA EPOCH and the whole base building and crafting systems has set me in my old man ways. You are correct and I have forgotten a little about the DEV's vision. I will reserve opinion until we know more. I honestly hope that this patch will add a little substance to the game that it sorely needs right now. 

RACWAR
22 minutes ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Why not make it so that you have access to the hideout off the start (which could then replace the stash) but you will have to unlock the ability to upgrade it? That way its advantages would still be locked behind a requirement while also giving you the immersion of not ending up at the menu after raid.

• Like 1

jeffpardy
11 minutes ago, RAC-W said:

Why not make it so that you have access to the hideout off the start (which could then replace the stash) but you will have to unlock the ability to upgrade it? That way its advantages would still be locked behind a requirement while also giving you the immersion of not ending up at the menu after raid.

Yeah. While the menu stash is still in the game, it seems that the hideout is more of a gimmicky feature that you could completely ignore and end up the same as opposed to a core component to fully utilise and enjoy. 

RACWAR
13 minutes ago, jeffpardy said:

Yeah. While the menu stash is still in the game, it seems that the hideout is more of a gimmicky feature that you could completely ignore and end up the same as opposed to a core component to fully utilise and enjoy. 

That's exactly my fear. Why put so many resources and time into a feature and not utilize it to its fullest? It could be such a bomb of immersion. But we shall see I guess. I made my voice be heard, the rest is up to them.

Niewiarygodny
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, PIG-Mathieu said:

Question : What is the impact of hideout on the game? What the purpose of the upgrades, what can we do inside Hideout, we will have first person inside hideout?
Answer : Everything has already been answered earlier.

Actually it's not kinda our job to search now for clues or where you could actually post such answer.
Like concept of hideout was changing so it was 100% normal question. Maybe something changed? Maybe something is new?

I anyway know what you will be able to do there, but as i said, it's not our job to now search for each podcast/each msg about hideout and think if thats correct. 

And if by "earlier" you meant "above" then it's not, i can't see each thing mentioned which we will be able to do in hideout. 

7 hours ago, PIG-Mathieu said:

Shooting range available?
Answer : Yes.

And u miss "Question" there.

Edited by Niewiarygodny
  • Like 1

Niewiarygodny
6 hours ago, Benshi84 said:

I am happy for my standard edition. I have more challenge upgrading my stash instead of just receiving it from start

Ye! Exactly what i am saying all the time. If you have EoD then you don't feel any progress with your:
- Secure container
- Stash
With Standard you literally have more to do, you feel that progression once you change your Secure Container to Betta/Epsilon.
Or if you get 1 from friend (which is meh tbh, hope they fix reseting account feature after start), or if you buy 1 from fence by any chance.
Same with stash, how you are getting a lot of space with each another Case...

4 hours ago, SoarinSoars said:

Could have sworn a pod cast from nikita said the EOD would have a premium hideout rather than the standard bunker

Nah you are mistaken, the only thing was mentioned that "you won't have to upgrade your stash size in hideout since EoD will start with biggest stash already".

1 hour ago, ShiroTenshi said:

how could this happen before you have an hideout to actually load into?

Just replace menu once you get access to Hideout? Problem, fixed. Or before that have some tent or anything weak looking.  Like it's in old "website RPG games" where you have dunno, cave? Tent? THen you have house etc. Cause "somewhere" our PMC needs to rest, before we find a Hideout? That can be literally anything, even some kind of room in military base or whatever.

Also how will off ride healing looks like if we won't ahve access to Hideout?

• Like 2

orang_AAcreepy

Thanks battlestate, but is there a chance we get the old ak-74 sound effect back ?! Maybe just on a specific compensator or something ?!!!