Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainSchnapps

New Gun Idea

Recommended Posts

CaptainSchnapps

Hey guys,

Being fairly new to posting (despite watching and reading threads for a while) I'm not quite 100% sure where this would go. Therefore, if it is in the wrong place please feel free to correct me on it. 

 

I noticed there is a new weapon slotted for the gun collection on Tarkov, the beautiful P90, chambered in 5.7x28mm Belgian round, and I can attest that it is quite the beast when it comes to putting rounds downrange in a fast paced environment, and can retain a significant accuracy. However, there is one little piece of equally beautiful and deadly weaponry that I feel would be remiss if not seen in the game- The AR Five Seven. 

The AR Five Seven is an AR-15 configured to take the magazine of a P90, and chambered for the same ammo. This weapon system upper was produced to fit Civilian AR15 lower receivers, M4 receivers, and M16 receivers. Being the kind of inclusive, all around gun guy I am, I would love to see this become another addition to the game, and would even go so far as to shoot it on film for the developers if they wanted, and post the results directly to them. I know that the chances of them seeing this is pretty much blin (I think that's the word for it), but hey, it's an idea. 

 

Media on the idea is included. 

 

Thank You For Your Time. 

General_Tactics

 

Video:

 

 

 

 

AR57.jpg

AR57 (1).jpg

AR57 (2).jpg

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
notredd

lets be real here, they are probably open to the idea of more guns using the ammo. but obviously i think "in good time" would be the response. I'd say move it into suggestions or whatever. I could see them liking it.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Munzig

I fuckin wondered where the magazine is.. then I saw the P90 in it :D ducking nice idea dude, would love to see this

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaptainSchnapps

thanks guys :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badnade

I wouldn’t mind seeing this in game..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Krymz_
Posted (edited)

This definetly needs to be added in the game sooner or later.


plus imagine nubs being "yo, your shooting and you don't even have a mag on! wtf hacker!"

Edited by Krymz_
  • Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gabel
On 7/11/2019 at 6:15 PM, Krymz_ said:

This definetly needs to be added in the game sooner or later.


plus imagine nubs being "yo, your shooting and you don't even have a mag on! wtf hacker!"

Lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
N0PEY0UDIE

What a strange looking beast! 

Don't know why they didn't just make a drum mag and barrel to match the ammo..surely that would have been easier to develop. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaptainSchnapps
On 8/1/2019 at 11:09 AM, quango2k said:

What a strange looking beast! 

Don't know why they didn't just make a drum mag and barrel to match the ammo..surely that would have been easier to develop. 

I'm not too sure tbh....That would be a question for the folks who developed it. I can try to hunt down their contact info if you like :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ajacklee4
On 8/1/2019 at 10:09 AM, quango2k said:

What a strange looking beast! 

Don't know why they didn't just make a drum mag and barrel to match the ammo..surely that would have been easier to develop. 

No, they just made a gun that works with already common magazines. Proprietary magazines usually don't work out for sales these days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cevune
On 8/1/2019 at 8:09 AM, quango2k said:

What a strange looking beast! 

Don't know why they didn't just make a drum mag and barrel to match the ammo..surely that would have been easier to develop. 

It just uses the magazines for P90's since it shares the ammo. I think the main draw is just to give people who already have a stash of 5.7 (so either have a P90 or a Five-seveN) another platform to run their ammo through, and one which carries the basically ubiquitous ergonomics of the AR platform. Since you want to target a demographic like that, it's probably more marketable to just use the magazines they most likely already have.

Kinda the way .300 and (i think) .50 beowulf are designed to still utilize normal AR magazines and the normal AR bolt. They wouldn't sell nearly as well if they required a whole stock of replacement hardware.

Anyway, a for the concept, the game already have a cornucopia of AR parts, and the P90/PS90 are planned, so I sincerely hope they put in AR-57 uppers. It would make a great platform to construct a poor man's LMG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
N0PEY0UDIE
1 hour ago, Cevune said:

It just uses the magazines for P90's since it shares the ammo. I think the main draw is just to give people who already have a stash of 5.7 (so either have a P90 or a Five-seveN) another platform to run their ammo through, and one which carries the basically ubiquitous ergonomics of the AR platform. Since you want to target a demographic like that, it's probably more marketable to just use the magazines they most likely already have.

Kinda the way .300 and (i think) .50 beowulf are designed to still utilize normal AR magazines and the normal AR bolt. They wouldn't sell nearly as well if they required a whole stock of replacement hardware.

Anyway, a for the concept, the game already have a cornucopia of AR parts, and the P90/PS90 are planned, so I sincerely hope they put in AR-57 uppers. It would make a great platform to construct a poor man's LMG.

Agreed, but poor mans LMG? that ammo costs a fortune! and we already have 60rd m4 mags and M995 is cheaper and harder hitting than 5.7 AP? 

P90s are due on the patch we should be installing right now....but, delayed lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cevune
Just now, quango2k said:

Agreed, but poor mans LMG? that ammo costs a fortune! and we already have 60rd m4 mags and M995 is cheaper and harder hitting than 5.7 AP? 

P90s are due on the patch we should be installing right now....but, delayed lol. 

"poor mans" might be a bit of a misnomer, rather I mean I hope the upper kit and ammo is available earlier via mechanic or so than the 60 rounders are. So essentially you can create high capacity AR's near early game before eventually upgrading to 60 rd 5.56

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
N0PEY0UDIE
53 minutes ago, Cevune said:

"poor mans" might be a bit of a misnomer, rather I mean I hope the upper kit and ammo is available earlier via mechanic or so than the 60 rounders are. So essentially you can create high capacity AR's near early game before eventually upgrading to 60 rd 5.56

I hope they remove high caps either completely, or severely reduced. They ruin gunfights. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hedelund1234

Great idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huskiebear1
On 10/17/2019 at 4:44 AM, quango2k said:

I hope they remove high caps either completely, or severely reduced. They ruin gunfights. 

This times 100000. There's nothing more annoying than assuming an enemy has shot quite a bit and ran dry, only to find out they are only halfway through a 60 round mag. With Ak's and M4's there are literally dozens of standard cap mags in game (30), after two weeks into a wipe they are rarely seen. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaptainSchnapps
On 10/17/2019 at 2:26 AM, Cevune said:

It just uses the magazines for P90's since it shares the ammo. I think the main draw is just to give people who already have a stash of 5.7 (so either have a P90 or a Five-seveN) another platform to run their ammo through, and one which carries the basically ubiquitous ergonomics of the AR platform. Since you want to target a demographic like that, it's probably more marketable to just use the magazines they most likely already have.

Kinda the way .300 and (i think) .50 beowulf are designed to still utilize normal AR magazines and the normal AR bolt. They wouldn't sell nearly as well if they required a whole stock of replacement hardware.

Anyway, a for the concept, the game already have a cornucopia of AR parts, and the P90/PS90 are planned, so I sincerely hope they put in AR-57 uppers. It would make a great platform to construct a poor man's LMG.

-Yes, it uses the same magazines, and that is because not everyone can afford a P-90. A lot of people can't even afford the civilian version, hence the main draw of the weapon. It's a slightly cheaper alternative to buying an NFA item IRL. In game the draw would be a cheaper variant, but remember that you will need to attach that upper to a lower. Not exactly as if the M4 is cheap in it's own right early-game. 

And sorry, .50 Beowulf does not fit in the same mag as a regular AR-15. Or the AR-15 Bolt.

-.50 =/= .223

-Actually not a poor man's gun. It's an upper to begin with, and slapping it onto a lower IRL is expensive. If BSG decides to make this a thing in game, it would be sitting at a high price. Also, the company went down about a year ago (the guys that make this upper), so finding them is ridiculously hard and if you do find one, it's not cheap. Could be a useful way of balancing this item in game.

-All in all I hope fervently for the same idea: BSG putting in the AR57 upper. 

On 10/17/2019 at 3:50 AM, Cevune said:

"poor mans" might be a bit of a misnomer, rather I mean I hope the upper kit and ammo is available earlier via mechanic or so than the 60 rounders are. So essentially you can create high capacity AR's near early game before eventually upgrading to 60 rd 5.56

-Maybe. Again, it's all about how it would get balanced if BSG got interested in it.

On 10/17/2019 at 4:44 AM, quango2k said:

I hope they remove high caps either completely, or severely reduced. They ruin gunfights. 

 

On 10/21/2019 at 2:41 PM, Huskiebear1 said:

This times 100000. There's nothing more annoying than assuming an enemy has shot quite a bit and ran dry, only to find out they are only halfway through a 60 round mag. With Ak's and M4's there are literally dozens of standard cap mags in game (30), after two weeks into a wipe they are rarely seen. 

-For the above two quotes, yeah, 60 rounders or even the AK high capacity mags in game can ruin things. However, there are such things as magazine limiters. They could add those in later, if people want there to be a more balance gunfight. Then again, you're talking about introducing a meta into the game. I.E. "This ammo is great for damage vs. armor/flesh, but I can only carry X mags of Y ammo." Not too many people carry drum magazines because of the slots they take up in a vest, so I would assume you mean the 74 60-rounders.

-At that point you might as well have nothing but AK's and AR's because people would consistently complain and build it up until the game was so limited, that the same complainers would wonder how the game got so bad. Plus, grenades are a thing. Seriously, chuck a 'nade. They make things interesting and force the dynamic to change. Same thing with weather, gun condition, armor type, ammo you carry....the list goes on and on. I myself carry maybe two 60-rounders in game and a 30-rounder for the "oh fudge" factors.

 

-Personally, I think that having a weapons/mag-specific map would be cool, but if we talk about getting rid of high-caps, it becomes an issue (especially if you ever want to run labs again). Kind of one of those situations of can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. Not to mention, we have how many maps left before the game goes live? That being said, I think it's very plausible that high-caps are in the game for more than one reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faraven

High mag don't need to be capped out. Low magazines just need more benefits. For instance the ak mags that have cut outs so you can check faster and know more accurately your ammo is a great example of a benefit. Higher cap mags shouldn't be able to be checked other than about half, near empty. High cap mags should decrease your ability to handle the weapon's added weight. A significantly lower ergonomic value than lower capacity mags. Make high end low cap mags easier to find, thus a lower price. 

Just putting a cap on mags isn't the best solution, there should be a reason for why someone should bring high cap mags or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cevune
9 hours ago, Faraven said:

High mag don't need to be capped out. Low magazines just need more benefits. For instance the ak mags that have cut outs so you can check faster and know more accurately your ammo is a great example of a benefit. Higher cap mags shouldn't be able to be checked other than about half, near empty. High cap mags should decrease your ability to handle the weapon's added weight. A significantly lower ergonomic value than lower capacity mags. Make high end low cap mags easier to find, thus a lower price. 

Just putting a cap on mags isn't the best solution, there should be a reason for why someone should bring high cap mags or not. 

IIRC, those high capacity magazines suffer from failure to feed issues a lot of the time, so once they implement weapon degradation, malfunctions etc, that would likely take care of it. 30 rounders would be the more consistently reliable option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2