ShiroTenshi

Quick Status Update on .12

ShiroTenshi

Escapers! Here is a status update on .12 by Nikita. Enjoy.

Hello, tarkovians!
0.12 is the biggest patch ever in EFT:

unity 2018 migration. Status: fixing new bugs and visual problems. Also applying new optimizations and freeze fixes. Migrating is technically done already.

hideout (there will be more videos soon about it. Current status - actively in progress, still a lot to do)

new map - mil base. Current status - polishing and optimization. The biggest map in terms of searchable buildings and places and also with new exit mechanics.

stationary weapon mechanics. KORD almost done, AGS is in progress.

weapon builds system - ready.

character customization - polishing, playtesting. Adding last pieces of clothing. There will be 5 unique sets (lowers and uppers) for each PMC - USEC and BEAR. They will be locked behind some requirements - money, skills, standings etc.

new content. added LOT of new mods, new weapons (beretta, p90 and Ash-12 will be 100% in game. High chance of 5-7). Also there will be new rigs, 1 backpack, helmets and some fancy glasses. Added a lot of new barter items (especially unique military grade items on new location). Surgical kits are working - maybe there will be some clip about it.

new bosses. 100% new boss on Woods. Ambusher type. With his personal stash crate that he will protect on location

and many many other fixes and additions - patch notes will be huge!

also some big thing that we can't talk about is already done and you will be happy to know what it is later

When? When it will be done and will have as less bugs as possible. Sorry for keep you waiting - we need more time to make this huge update great!

Your BSG team
https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/c9ytdg/quick_status_update_on_012/

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Hot 5
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 3

IamDuca

Can't wait!

CS_Crusader

So within the next month or 2 would be a good eta?

dez1nd

See ya in 2020

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Eaz

Wow, that is a lot of content. Nice one!

angrybruiser

thanks BSG for all your hard work!! i can't wait, .12 looks awesome.

however i was also wondering, does this mean that steam audio is confirmed to not come with .12?

Maki_Nishikino

Isn't this going to be the largest patch to date?

RAC-W
Posted (edited)

Sounds like it's gonna take another month.

2 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

character customization - polishing, playtesting. Adding last pieces of clothing. There will be 5 unique sets (lowers and uppers) for each PMC - USEC and BEAR. They will be locked behind some requirements - money, skills, standings etc.

I don't like this, why would you need a certain skill to wear a pair of pants? Come on now. Just let people customize their character how they want. Same with standings requirement, "oh hey I have these woodland pants over here you can buy, but if you want the same pants with UCP camo then you'll have to do something for me first". IT'S CLOTHING, come on. . .

With certain things, it's better to give players more freedom, and this is one of them.

Edited by RAC-W
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 10

TeasR
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, RAC-W said:

Sounds like it's gonna take another month.

I don't like this, why would you need a certain skill to wear a pair of pants? Come on now. Just let people customize their character how they want. Same with standings requirement, "oh hey I have these woodland pants over here you can buy, but if you want the same pants with UCP camo then you'll have to do something for me first". IT'S CLOTHING, come on. . .

With certain things, it's better to give players more freedom, and this is one of them.

as you stated "oh hey i have these woodland pants over here you can buy"

---> There will be 5 unique sets (lowers and uppers) for each PMC - USEC and BEAR. They will be locked behind some requirements - money, skills, standings etc.

Also skill will obviously be charisma. Standing, i have no clue what it means. But money, and skill, it's ok right ?

Also we didn't even saw the requirements yet, skill money and standing is kinda vague. But still already some whines are going. Just wait until it's out, test it, and if your reclamation remains then post something about it...

Edited by TeasR
  • Like 1

RAC-W
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, TeasR said:

Standing, i have no clue what it means.

Standing is probably reputation.

27 minutes ago, TeasR said:

Also skill will obviously be charisma.

Why would you need a certain character level to buy a pair of pants or a shirt? If I'd want to buy some cargo pants I'd just go into the next outdoor/survival store and buy it and be done, clothes should be readily available. "Oh hey you want this fancy looking flannel shirt there? Well too bad you can't have til you're level 50". I mean, what is this? Call Of Duty? Where you unlock your golden AK skin once you're prestige level 99 or whatever.

Edited by RAC-W
  • Upvote 1

roccale

When? September? and....anticheat?

Ok, i stay in hideout without exit so... XD

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

ShiroTenshi
3 hours ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

Isn't this going to be the largest patch to date?

Yes. It should be, as even tge devs have stated something similar as well.

2 hours ago, RAC-W said:

We'll have to see how its implemented. I can totally see why traders would limit a certain set if clothes to only people they can trust, if those sets imply some form of faction affiliation which said traders represent, or even as a symbol of status for reaching a certain goal (like having a certain skill level high enogh) . However, since we dont know the exact details of how it will be implemented, doesnt really make sense to pass judgement based on speculation.

Let them implement it first, then we can better suggest improvements. ;)

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

wh1tey

just take your time it will be pay off ;)

• Like 1

Arzzet

So hyped! 🤪 

Hamm

.....wheres the anti cheat? 

• Like 3
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 3

Alfonzo

How will character customisation work? I get the whole requirements and stuff. However let’s say when it’s released will we keep the clothing we bought upon dying or will be lose it? 

• Like 1

TeasR
5 hours ago, RAC-W said:

Standing is probably reputation.

Why would you need a certain character level to buy a pair of pants or a shirt? If I'd want to buy some cargo pants I'd just go into the next outdoor/survival store and buy it and be done, clothes should be readily available. "Oh hey you want this fancy looking flannel shirt there? Well too bad you can't have til you're level 50". I mean, what is this? Call Of Duty? Where you unlock your golden AK skin once you're prestige level 99 or whatever.

Yeah if you're looking from that point of view obviously it sounds bad, but it could simply be something too rare for saling it at everyone, idk. I don't think that's a bad idea, everything can be turned in a way it's fun and viable. This first iteration will have problems obviously, but with time i'm sure they can create something around it that will increase the grinding in the good way. I hope at least, but as features, i've never been that disapointed about BSG's creations.

4 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Yes. It should be, as even tge devs have stated something similar as well.

We'll have to see how its implemented. I can totally see why traders would limit a certain set if clothes to only people they can trust, if those sets imply some form of faction affiliation which said traders represent, or even as a symbol of status for reaching a certain goal (like having a certain skill level high enogh) . However, since we dont know the exact details of how it will be implemented, doesnt really make sense to pass judgement based on speculation.

Let them implement it first, then we can better suggest improvements. ;)

Was thinking about "hiding moovements" skill and the weed clothes like in PUBG, idk how it's named in english, but it's for being nearly invisible to the ennemy when you're proning on grass or something like that...

PadorianPlays
23 minutes ago, TeasR said:

Was thinking about "hiding moovements" skill and the weed clothes like in PUBG, idk how it's named in english, but it's for being nearly invisible to the ennemy when you're proning on grass or something like that...

You mean the ghillie suits, I could imagine that later we will get some, but it also comes down to rendering distance with grass how effective they can be then.

TeasR
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, PadorianPlays said:

You mean the ghillie suits, I could imagine that later we will get some, but it also comes down to rendering distance with grass how effective they can be then.

Yeah idd, ghillie suits ! Also true point, might be totally useless against players with low distance rendering.
But i think that this suits aren't that easy to get so it migh jusitfy grinding, just to put an exemple on the table, however this one might be unavailable in EFT.
Maybe there is still a solution, idk, maybe devs will figure it out. Other ideas could be found as well. Let's just wait, suggest if we find some on the appropriated forum, and see what happens 😉
Anyway, if they just keep it that way, i don't think they would be against put it all free if they find that everyone think it's just dumb after months of testing

Edited by TeasR

VanFanel

You guys had any issues with the old unity code to the 2018 ?

Hope it's going well, hoping to hear some news soon :D

GreenLit

Time to hibernate till late August.

Krymz_
Posted (edited)

Amazing stuff to read about, BSG! I might have taken a break from the game, but it's not because I don't like it anymore,but I like to do quests and fight scavs and I was not really finding anything new (other than new places to die at lol), so I wanted to get my internal hype meter filled back up. I'm so exited to discover all the new stuff!

Concerning the part about the new map being the biggest in terms of in game buildings, and that it's getting more polish, I really hope we get to hear that echoing gun sound from the tarkov video on youtube where we follow the sound crew around (at one part they go in an old abandoned concrete building, and the gun sound from inside is just so frekin cool).

Completely stoked for the boss on woods. It's always been my favorite map. I like taking a stroll in the forests, listening to the birds (or the rain and thunder. not a joke.), and not having huge distances to cross, like on Shoreline.
The thing is though, by the time I've made sure no one is sneaking up behind me and had a couple kills, there's only 10-20 mins left on the map and I'm only halfway across the map, and there's still tons of scavs all over the map, or my legs are broken. Could it be possible to increase the time available on that map, or maybe add an extra extract somewhere (i think you talked about having a new extract mechanic in the future, so probably disregard that last idea). Last time I played the map, I'm not sure if it was player scavs, players, just scavs or all of that, but the map was crazy, the bots were agressive yet not AIMbotty, so that it was really more about quickthinking and good planning and awereness rather than lucky reflexes or camping that made you stay alive (i'd still die half the raids, but it was glorious death that i could blame on myself instead of saying "BS aimbot" everytime).

Edited by Krymz_

Arzzet

Sooo hyped!

Also this means that we will se pestily’s moustache grow little longer  ;D xDxD 

saibot0

This will be done by 2028?

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Czecher

End of 2019, if u count all the months of Fixxing after the patch ...