Jump to content
ShiroTenshi

Quick Status Update on .12

Recommended Posts

Awake
14 hours ago, Dr_Twist said:

I was expecting Karma system to be here.

That is a really important factor for Tarkov considering there are two factions fighting against eachother. Would really change the behavior of players and would also help find more issues revolving around the general gameplay experience. But I guess a few more unecessary amount of guns and a turret will be the next thing to hype up the game for a few months. 

Great work as usual! But If there is anything that I am excited for, it would be what the next set of gear or mechanics will end up being abused. 

I think the karma system won‘t come before big optimizations. At the moment, if I‘m very lucky, I meat 1 to 3 other PMCs on the large maps, but usually 0 to 1. If half of them would be my allies I would hardly have any firefights anymore. So I think they will first optimize in order to allow for more players on a server.

ps: don‘t argue with Hamm. I did this before and it‘s just not worth our time  due to his great personality.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TeasR
10 hours ago, Munzig said:

I know what you mean, and I would love that too, but its not the nature of our playerbase to let other usecs alive if you are usec yourself

I would never put trust into other players

 

becasue the META wants it actually, but until you'll have restrictions by killing your band of brothers, until you'll have Voip to claim your intentions, slowly people will stop KOS i'm certain.
Also, we don't know what bsg saved for the future but if they actually want people to work together (they tried to put the scavs in some sort of godmod in the past, they said it could help forcing people to not attack each other if they want to finish the raid alive, it was exagerated, but it was the idea), they'll put features to help people doing that. Wait and see

2 hours ago, Awake said:

I think the karma system won‘t come before big optimizations. At the moment, if I‘m very lucky, I meat 1 to 3 other PMCs on the large maps, but usually 0 to 1. If half of them would be my allies I would hardly have any firefights anymore. So I think they will first optimize in order to allow for more players on a server.

ps: don‘t argue with Hamm. I did this before and it‘s just not worth our time  due to his great personality.

Yeah i got your point, it'll be really good when we'll have the free roam with 64 players. Considering Hamm, yeah, i noticed he was some kind of nerd xd, but i think he can be better if he decides to take conscience of things but until this moment it'll be a pain in the ass...

 

Edited by TeasR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TeasR
On 7/12/2019 at 12:49 PM, ViscontiRogue said:

I don't see the karma system being effective in a game where a split second is the difference between staying alive and losing all your stuff.

But, maybe it will. We'll have to see

Because if you do so and the other dudes are friendly they migh give you good stuff as well, or together you migh make an incredible run that will give you even more stuff. Don't see only the bad part ;)
actually the real question is what % of games you'll get TK.
If it comes on the first hand to like 75% of games where  people group with you and you make incredible runs, and on the other hand  with 25% of games where you get TK, then i think all the good stuff from the 75% of the other runs should handle those 25% pretty easily right ? Even actually without karma system or voip if you go out naked you've a great chance to find people that will help stuffing yourself (happened to me so much times actually).
just see what kind of good runs you can get by trusting each others, what kind of epic moments, even without karma, even without voip :

 

Edited by TeasR
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfSatan

I really hope the "big thing" is that they reworked the ammo/armor/damage models.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PanPiano

Take the time it takes to make it great!

Thanks for the work!

I'll be happy to play it with my new PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pearomaniac
On 7/12/2019 at 1:17 PM, Hamm said:

how does me saying im still going to KOS make me tough? you must be his buddy or somthing trying to come to his defense. if i were you id keep your fingers off the keyboard

lol There he is, internet tough guy strikes again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr_Twist
13 hours ago, Awake said:

I think the karma system won‘t come before big optimizations. At the moment, if I‘m very lucky, I meet 1 to 3 other PMCs on the large maps, but usually 0 to 1. If half of them would be my allies I would hardly have any firefights anymore. So I think they will first optimize in order to allow for more players on a server.

ps: don‘t argue with Hamm. I did this before and it‘s just not worth our time  due to his great personality.

Hmm, Yea that makes sense. I’m fine with that, it’s just the maps are so small and linear as well as the loot distribution. If more people are allowed on incomplete maps then sure we’ll get more firefights but with mostly hatchlings and moslings. 

A lot of people think that they HAVE to engage in some sort of combat when in raid however, I don’t think PVP is the only thing that Tarkov has to offer. I’m happy to not be forced to deal with players during a raid. I would rather deal with more AI and encounter other players. Really gives that Immersion Tarkov so desperately fights to give to its players. 

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bertmacklen

So is the Reddit sub forum the official place to get the latest news now? I’m confused why this wasn’t posted here before there.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awake
On 7/14/2019 at 12:05 AM, Dr_Twist said:

Hmm, Yea that makes sense. I’m fine with that, it’s just the maps are so small and linear as well as the loot distribution. If more people are allowed on incomplete maps then sure we’ll get more firefights but with mostly hatchlings and moslings. 

I‘m not 100% sure about it, but I have the feeling that the gear you bring to a raid has an influence on the your matchmaking. Whenever I go to a raid with „cheap“ stuff like lvl3 armor/helmet and a pp19/mosin/ak, then I meet just hatchlings/moslings and maybe someone with a nice ak and also lvl3 armor. But when I enter the raid with a gen4, fast mt and a pimped m4, then I always meet also better geared players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quango2k
On 7/16/2019 at 12:53 PM, Awake said:

I‘m not 100% sure about it, but I have the feeling that the gear you bring to a raid has an influence on the your matchmaking. Whenever I go to a raid with „cheap“ stuff like lvl3 armor/helmet and a pp19/mosin/ak, then I meet just hatchlings/moslings and maybe someone with a nice ak and also lvl3 armor. But when I enter the raid with a gen4, fast mt and a pimped m4, then I always meet also better geared players. 

I seem to always get the opposite to you :/ 

Go in super light, ADAR etc..seem to bump into 4 man squads in god mode gear! 

Go in with Fort/Vulkan/geared 416 etc and I walk about like a frigging king with a load of noobs. 

...still manage to get one tapped from AK's or pistols and lose it all from time to time. I swear the armour bug is back! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2