Tarkov Lottery Giveaway (July 13 2019)

BambiJuice

pearomaniac

Nukerat

Porter1705

smoke417

sleava
1 hour ago, VonOrange said:

The real answer is get one of these like a true dungeon master!

https://bit.ly/2Y11rEy

Have not DMed since a rather traumatic session. It's worth telling.

Basically it was a homebrew TES (ie: Skyrim universe) game. Most of my friends made it clear they wanted to be heroes out to save the Empire, while one friend (who ironically got me into Tarkov later) told me he wanted to play an evil psycho. When I told him the others want to play the heroes, he told me "don't worry. Give my two sessions." (that is more or less a direct quote by the way). I think I will call this friend Bartimaeus, because that be the same he submits numbers with when he plays this lottery.

The group was contracted to hunt a group of Thalmor agents in Cyrodil. Previously, the group had gotten a lead that would bring them all the way south to Leyawin. In the second session (which Bartimaeus could not make), they stopped by Bravil for some rest. They stopped into a tavern, got a few drinks, eventually got drunk, faked a murder in the town square, and used the distraction to sneak into the castle and steal half the count's valuables. They somehow after all of this successfully snuck out of the town with the loot. After finding Bartimaeus in the woods, they went down the road to Leyawin to offload their loot and go to the next stage of the quest. Halfway down the road they ran into horse rider working as a newspaper carrier for "the Black Horse Courier", delivering the breaking news that (luls) a major break-in had occurred in Bravil.

Well, with the loot in mind, Bartimaeus did the only rational thing. He pulled the unarmed rider from the horse and began stabbing him repeatedly. The rest of the group, not wanting to miss out in the fun immediately joined in without question, collectively stabbing this random person about a hundred times. Afterwards, the group didn't actually see anything wrong with what they did.

Now, I didn't have a problem with my friend turning the rest of the group evil in just two sessions. My problem was that this "rider" was actually a super secret Thalmor agent, and was supposed to give them their next lead. Now, this wasn't the what broke me, the situation was salvageable. If they looted or left the corpse, I wrote it in that they would find clues to their next lead eventually. The next thing I know, the mage in the group yells "BURN ALL THE EVIDENCE!"

And that is the story of how in about 20 seconds, I lost about 12 pages of work, the planning/pre-planning for the next 3 sessions, and had to improvise the last 80% of that session. 

• Upvote 1

sleava

SO THE DICE HAVE BEEN ROLLED! AND THE RESULTS ARE IN. I posted them below. If I made a mistake, you need to call me on it.
893456354_2019-07-13(3).png.8e20e3e3adc1bd4d484f99fd29223854.png
1820544824_2019-07-13(2).png.a24d15d37c8f50b8a28068e292166f78.png

@VonOrange didnt actually put a number in this weeks post. Because a link to a D100 was posted instead, I assigned the number 100. Still didn't win anything.

So to the following players, CONGLATULATIONS!!!!! YOUR WINNER!!!!!!!

@Invain Enough nades to carpet bomb.
@NukeratSome water.
@Ellehbg A keytool
@pearomaniac A screwdriver 
@RoosterBooster_ A gun box
@Hatto A mag case

I will send a message out to the winners sometime over the next few days when I am bothered to do so. Alternatively, the winners can contact me. It makes it a little easier on my end, and you will probably get your swag sooner.

• Like 1

Arzzet
On 7/12/2019 at 4:01 AM, sleava said:

Have not DMed since a rather traumatic session. It's worth telling.

Basically it was a homebrew TES (ie: Skyrim universe) game. Most of my friends made it clear they wanted to be heroes out to save the Empire, while one friend (who ironically got me into Tarkov later) told me he wanted to play an evil psycho. When I told him the others want to play the heroes, he told me "don't worry. Give my two sessions." (that is more or less a direct quote by the way). I think I will call this friend Bartimaeus, because that be the same he submits numbers with when he plays this lottery.

The group was contracted to hunt a group of Thalmor agents in Cyrodil. Previously, the group had gotten a lead that would bring them all the way south to Leyawin. In the second session (which Bartimaeus could not make), they stopped by Bravil for some rest. They stopped into a tavern, got a few drinks, eventually got drunk, faked a murder in the town square, and used the distraction to sneak into the castle and steal half the count's valuables. They somehow after all of this successfully snuck out of the town with the loot. After finding Bartimaeus in the woods, they went down the road to Leyawin to offload their loot and go to the next stage of the quest. Halfway down the road they ran into horse rider working as a newspaper carrier for "the Black Horse Courier", delivering the breaking news that (luls) a major break-in had occurred in Bravil.

Well, with the loot in mind, Bartimaeus did the only rational thing. He pulled the unarmed rider from the horse and began stabbing him repeatedly. The rest of the group, not wanting to miss out in the fun immediately joined in without question, collectively stabbing this random person about a hundred times. Afterwards, the group didn't actually see anything wrong with what they did.

Now, I didn't have a problem with my friend turning the rest of the group evil in just two sessions. My problem was that this "rider" was actually a super secret Thalmor agent, and was supposed to give them their next lead. Now, this wasn't the what broke me, the situation was salvageable. If they looted or left the corpse, I wrote it in that they would find clues to their next lead eventually. The next thing I know, the mage in the group yells "BURN ALL THE EVIDENCE!"

And that is the story of how in about 20 seconds, I lost about 12 pages of work, the planning/pre-planning for the next 3 sessions, and had to improvise the last 80% of that session. 

Hilarious! 

We got some similar issue when, ( I think it was lord of the rings old RPG campaign ) after a certain moments that were as DM planned, we escaped from a prison with the help of a misterious and unknown NPC, later on we were manipulated and driven by him to an encounter where he show itself like a superpowerful villain blackmailing us and trying to recover a superpowerful item in our possesion. We were like lvl 1 characters, and he was the kind of final boss ( many times more powerful than us and invincible ) opening the plot for us... in order to keep the item safe from his hands, I, a lvl 1 mage with my shitty lvl 1 spells had an idea. Use the boiling liquid spell ( a onroad spell to help in cooking ) to try to boil his blood ( as it is a liquid ). The DM laugh at it and let me roll the dices. I get a triple critic roll, which according to the damage charts and sideeffects charts, means the final boss get combusted by it’s own blood in a second, ruining all the campaign for us and the DM. Well.. that was a hilarious moment we will still laugh at it when remember. XD

VonOrange
1 hour ago, sleava said:

SO THE DICE HAVE BEEN ROLLED! AND THE RESULTS ARE IN. I posted them below. If I made a mistake, you need to call me on it.
893456354_2019-07-13(3).png.8e20e3e3adc1bd4d484f99fd29223854.png
1820544824_2019-07-13(2).png.a24d15d37c8f50b8a28068e292166f78.png

@VonOrange didnt actually put a number in this weeks post. Because a link to a D100 was posted instead, I assigned the number 100. Still didn't win anything.

So to the following players, CONGLATULATIONS!!!!! YOUR WINNER!!!!!!!

@Invain Enough nades to carpet bomb.
@NukeratSome water.
@Ellehbg A keytool
@pearomaniac A screwdriver 
@RoosterBooster_ A gun box
@Hatto A mag case

I will send a message out to the winners sometime over the next few days when I am bothered to do so. Alternatively, the winners can contact me. It makes it a little easier on my end, and you will probably get your swag sooner.

Ahahaha thanks mate for thinking of me. and don't worry your ES RPG experience is every table top group I have been in.  I played pathfinder for a while and my main character was named Shmee Hung Long, I was a gnome paladin that dual wielded shields and tried to convert enemies to his religion in mid battle.   god I miss those days :)