vekongmaster

Add "Virtual Arsenal" mode (like in ARMA 3) & some "Shooting Range"

Add "Virtual Arsenal" and "Shooting Range" to this awesome EFT?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Add "Virtual Arsenal" and "Shooting Range" to this awesome EFT?

• Yes
    • No

vekongmaster

Dear BSG Devs,

I know some of you will find this suggestion goofy, but i'd like this game to have a "Virtual Arsenal" mode (exactly like in ARMA3).

Virtual Arsenal basically is a character, equipment, and weapon viewer where I can try all of the weapons, ammo, gears, optics, armors, etc. So This mode offers an overview of all the available content in EFT. We can use all EFT contents for free without paying any rouble or dollar, but only in that Virtual Arsenal mode (we can't use them in any usual raid of course!). You know, just to give them all a try and figure out what's the best loadout for us. We can try shooting those guns in a some sort of a "Shooting Range", maybe? No worry, those contents in that Virtual Arsenal should not be available in the usual online raid. 

I realize EFT already has offline mode, but it doesn't give full access to all available contents in EFT.

Okay call me lazy or noob, but I don't have the time to grind and unlock all those contents.

Thanks in advance,

-Vekongmaster-

vekongmaster
28 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

Hey @vekongmaster,

All this will be my opinion and i don't know everything.

first of all: There is a new feature coming up called "Hideout" where you can practically do the same but only with the gear/weapons you actually have in your stash.

2nd: I don't like the idea of everyone having the possibility to use  every weapon/gear offline, that takes all the "wow i found something new, thats cool!" feeling out of the game because you can/have tried everything and already know the perfect way to make your loadout without ever "trial and failure".

3rd: i understand that you do not have the time to unlock everything, i dont think many of us do. and since the game is not finished yet and will get wipes its hard to get everything unlocked in time, but i still wouldnt want this.

But imho this Virtual Arsenal would be a great & easy tool for all players (especially the noobs lol) to learn about all the gun mechanic, gun shooting, gun modding, etc. Or at least for all gun geeks to have a little taste on all the content we have in this awesome game. And yes, I know it's supposed to be MMO FPS but some players like me don't have the time to grind the game all day 😢 And with all due respect, we've paid some real amount of money to buy this game (& all the contents in it) and I think the players have the rights to at least get their hands on all the content (we could do that only through this Virtual Arsenal or Shooting Range).

Would having Virtual Arsenal make this game boring & unplayable? Would it kill the online raid? I don't think so, Imho it'd help the Dev attract more players into this awesome game. Players would learn much more easier, they would less likely to quit playing this game. The Virtual Arsenal & Shooting Range would bring more fresh air into EFT.

it would make this game even more alive. Look at ARMA3, it even has editor and modding feature. That game has become insanely alive (thanks to its modding community).

I love EFT so much, I really do. EFT is one of the most realistic fps ever made. And I think EFT is a really hard-core gun game, that's really cool. I love the gun realism in EFT so much, in fact imho the devs should step up the gun realism even more to raise the difficulty level of shooting. But the devs should give more little bit of convenience to its players (especially in term of content accessibility).

Thanks in advance,

-Vekongmaster-

Tr4wnet
9 hours ago, vekongmaster said:

But imho this Virtual Arsenal would be a great & easy tool for all players (especially the noobs lol) to learn about all the gun mechanic, gun shooting, gun modding, etc. Or at least for all gun geeks to have a little taste on all the content we have in this awesome game. And yes, I know it's supposed to be MMO FPS but some players like me don't have the time to grind the game all day 😢 And with all due respect, we've paid some real amount of money to buy this game (& all the contents in it) and I think the players have the rights to at least get their hands on all the content (we could do that only through this Virtual Arsenal or Shooting Range).

Would having Virtual Arsenal make this game boring & unplayable? Would it kill the online raid? I don't think so, Imho it'd help the Dev attract more players into this awesome game. Players would learn much more easier, they would less likely to quit playing this game. The Virtual Arsenal & Shooting Range would bring more fresh air into EFT.

it would make this game even more alive. Look at ARMA3, it even has editor and modding feature. That game has become insanely alive (thanks to its modding community).

I love EFT so much, I really do. EFT is one of the most realistic fps ever made. And I think EFT is a really hard-core gun game, that's really cool. I love the gun realism in EFT so much, in fact imho the devs should step up the gun realism even more to raise the difficulty level of shooting. But the devs should give more little bit of convenience to its players (especially in term of content accessibility).

Thanks in advance,

-Vekongmaster-

"I think the players have the rights to at least get their hands on all the content"

You need to earn it. Just because you paid for the game it doesnt mean you get to have every content in it.

P2P games are exactly that, pay irl money so you get stuff quicker rather than unlocking it as mostly everyone else.

Oh and pretty sure the devs said once that VA isnt coming. Shooting range will.

vekongmaster
6 hours ago, Tr4wnet said:

"I think the players have the rights to at least get their hands on all the content"

You need to earn it. Just because you paid for the game it doesnt mean you get to have every content in it.

P2P games are exactly that, pay irl money so you get stuff quicker rather than unlocking it as mostly everyone else.

Oh and pretty sure the devs said once that VA isnt coming. Shooting range will.

Good thing they're adding a "Shooting Range" mode! :D  VA ain't coming? 😢 Devs confirmed that? too bad :( 

Adding Virtual Arsenal is not gonna kill the game. Why not adding the option to enable or disable VA so the players can choose?

The hard-core players can still choose to keep playing the online raid and never touch that bloody Virtual Arsenal in the first place.The soft-core players can use the Virtual Arsenal to learn and explore all the in-game content. And I'm sure the soft core players will eventually still join the online raid too despite the VA.

Thanks in advance

-Vekongmaster-

Niewiarygodny
19 hours ago, vekongmaster said:

Dear BSG Devs,

I know some of you will find this suggestion goofy, but i'd like this game to have a "Virtual Arsenal" mode (exactly like in ARMA3).

Ok so.
1. As mentioned above, shooting range (basic tho) will appear in hideout, in future maybe it will be further devloped and things like "moving objects"/challanges but it simply not planned yet.
763be39944d0d3dc05b4279c1bbbb6c6.png
2. Well, there is no and won't be somekind of Vitrutal Arena, the closest to that is "Offline mode" which might be further devloped in future (all depends of many things), for now you can start any map you want, select difficulty of bots etc and if you die there you are not losing your equipment, but you need to have such equipment first in your inventory, you are not losing ammo u used or anything else.

3. THere is no option to "check" guns or mods. But... Normally BSG before wipe create an event where everyone got all traders unlocked and all items are discounted, it's the closest thing to actually "check all weapons/armors/mods in EFT".
TO make it clear, it's only cause it's still in BETA.
For example, they announce pre-eliminary patch notes (which means that wipe is kinda soon) then make event with traders and after week-two-three there is a wipe. Thats how it's almost "normally" works.

43 minutes ago, vekongmaster said:

Why not adding the option to enable or disable VA so the players can choose?

Because we have "offline mode" which is kinda for that thing.
Also EFT is kinda "RPG" game, and normally in RPG games u can't check equipment which will be unlocked on lvl 40 or after quest which will take around 14h or more to complete or to get to such quest.
Whats more, EFT was created for "hardcore players" :P.

I hope that answer to all/most of your questions, if you have any other, just quote me or use @ nick so i get notification ^^.

vekongmaster
1 hour ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Ok so.
1. As mentioned above, shooting range (basic tho) will appear in hideout, in future maybe it will be further devloped and things like "moving objects"/challanges but it simply not planned yet.
763be39944d0d3dc05b4279c1bbbb6c6.png
2. Well, there is no and won't be somekind of Vitrutal Arena, the closest to that is "Offline mode" which might be further devloped in future (all depends of many things), for now you can start any map you want, select difficulty of bots etc and if you die there you are not losing your equipment, but you need to have such equipment first in your inventory, you are not losing ammo u used or anything else.

3. THere is no option to "check" guns or mods. But... Normally BSG before wipe create an event where everyone got all traders unlocked and all items are discounted, it's the closest thing to actually "check all weapons/armors/mods in EFT".
TO make it clear, it's only cause it's still in BETA.
For example, they announce pre-eliminary patch notes (which means that wipe is kinda soon) then make event with traders and after week-two-three there is a wipe. Thats how it's almost "normally" works.

Because we have "offline mode" which is kinda for that thing.
Also EFT is kinda "RPG" game, and normally in RPG games u can't check equipment which will be unlocked on lvl 40 or after quest which will take around 14h or more to complete or to get to such quest.
Whats more, EFT was created for "hardcore players" :P.

I really wish I had the time to be the hardcore player that can grind 24/7 😢 

I've tried the offline mode, it's pretty good to practice with your current stash, but no access to all available content.

Why limiting this awesome game into an RPG game? EFT has much more great potential to become a gun simulator. I really love the gun realism in this game. But I kinda dislike the grinding aspect of this game. To be honest, I'm more of a simulator player than an RPG player.

Hopefully someday the devs add some singleplayer mode or something to make this game more awesome!

Niewiarygodny
5 hours ago, vekongmaster said:

Hopefully someday the devs add some singleplayer mode or something to make this game more awesome!

EFT is meant to be multiplayer experience, there will no "single player mode", it's been already said maaany times.

it's pretty good to practice with your current stash, but no access to all available content.

Then wait till they announce wipe, most likely again there will be an event to check all guns/mods etc. before actual wipe will happen.
It's specially designed for ppl who didn't end x quest and wanna check out things.

But I kinda dislike the grinding aspect of this game

Actually once you are decent, you are taking money out from most of the raids, then u can simply buy items via flea market.

vekongmaster
43 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

EFT is meant to be multiplayer experience, there will no "single player mode", it's been already said maaany times.

♫ So sad...so sad...it's a sad sad situation ♫  😢 

46 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Then wait till they announce wipe, most likely again there will be an event to check all guns/mods etc. before actual wipe will happen.

So before a wipe, I'll be able to buy all the available guns in EFT no matter what my level is? :o  pretty cool then!

But someday they will wipe out all my belongings that I have in my stash?

Omg ♫ So sad...so sad...it's a sad sad situation ♫  😢 

Niewiarygodny
42 minutes ago, vekongmaster said:

So before a wipe, I'll be able to buy all the available guns in EFT no matter what my level is? :o  pretty cool then!

Yes, and each weapon/item will be heavily discounted like 90% or something.

42 minutes ago, vekongmaster said:

But someday they will wipe out all my belongings that I have in my stash?

Yes, those wipes are needed tho, but once EFT will be fully released then there will no more wipes.
Soonest wipe will be once 0.12 patch will appear which is "somewhere soon" but we don't have exact date, we can guess that 1-2 months.