Sign in to follow this  
Naglez

Too many cheaters

Naglez

I love this game, been playing since release. At the start til about fleemarket i met very few cheaters, and I played allot.

These days your lucky if you dont meet a cheater on a dailybase. They make a living out of cheating on tarkov. Everyday i lose interest in playing the game, labs is a coin flip if you meet a cheater or not. I've died to the same cheater twice over a period of 4 weeks. They don't get caugh. The antisystem does NOTHING. I'm pretty sure everyone would be happy if you stopped making new content and actually just removed the cheaters, upped the anticheat and removed stutters. I wake up and I want to play tarkov but its fading. The fact that the same player can play for several weeks before he even get caugh. The servers are usly OK, but sometimes they are garbage. Same goes for stutters.

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 1

TUALMASOK

I do see cheaters but have altered the times I play in an attempt to avoid them. Between midnight and midday seems to be the best time for my server, at night it's just a poo fight.

sleava

I know that these threads are a dime a dozen..... but I have been noticing more and more.... suspicious deaths. Disproportionately from player scavs may I add. I think until they work in a killcam system, the ability to control cheaters will be limited. 

• Like 1

Maki_Nishikino
8 hours ago, Naglez said:

I'm pretty sure everyone would be happy if you stopped making new content and actually just removed the cheaters...

That isn't how game development works. You don't tell those that work on content to work on the anti-cheat.

• Like 1

Wulffon
5 hours ago, sleava said:

I know that these threads are a dime a dozen..... but I have been noticing more and more.... suspicious deaths. Disproportionately from player scavs may I add. I think until they work in a killcam system, the ability to control cheaters will be limited. 

+1

Hamm
8 hours ago, TUALMASOK said:

I do see cheaters but have altered the times I play in an attempt to avoid them. Between midnight and midday seems to be the best time for my server, at night it's just a poo fight.

isnt it sad that you have to alter your time of playing to try and avoid cheaters...What a shame that BSG does nothing about it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Apertus

They do ban waves every 3 or 4 months to ensure people cant do Charge backs through Paypal because after that time frame, they cant chargeback.

• Sad 1

Beginner314
17 minutes ago, Apertus said:

They do ban waves every 3 or 4 months to ensure people cant do Charge backs through Paypal because after that time frame, they cant chargeback.

Do they?

Then they should do a bit better...

Your explanation does not make sense. Every cheater who gets caught within a few days/weeks before the ban-wave would still be able to chargeback.

superbenke
22 minutes ago, Apertus said:

I like your theory, although it contradicts everything BSG says about how they handle bans.

Apertus

It contradicts it? How about their "AC" That they claim is infallible, and tracks all hackers in this game.

Just look at the frequency of the ban waves, every 3-4 months. Then look at the PayPal charge back intervals, which as far as I remember is 3 months. Sure, BSG bans some people "manually" When they hack blatantly but the majority of it is left until the 3/4 month mark.

I also have my doubts that this game will ever leave Beta, so that way if a customer is unhappy with the game, they cant demand a refund, just as DayZ did all those years ago.

• Sad 1

Thormato
7 hours ago, sleava said:

Killcam? you want half of the playerbase to leave the game? thats how you get half the playerbase leave the game

sleava
45 minutes ago, Thormato said:

Killcam? you want half of the playerbase to leave the game? thats how you get half the playerbase leave the game

How so? I think most players would be in support of a killcam. I am not stupid enough to suggest that you would see it right away: the last thing I would want is for group members to report locations to their squad when they die. My ideal version of this would be a 1 minute clip from both players that you can view once the game is ended. If you think its still suspicious, you could then send it off for review.

Also keep in mind, a lot of "hackers" I encounter, I do think to be the result of technical difficulties. This could also help properly assess how prevalent they actually are. 

Besides, if hackers truly overrun Tarkov, you can expect more than half the playerbase to leave. I have been gaming a long time, I have seen pretty much how bad it can get. 

• Like 1

W0R38U
vor 11 Stunden schrieb TUALMASOK:

Ich sehe zwar Betrüger, habe aber die Spielzeiten geändert, um sie zu umgehen. Zwischen Mitternacht und Mittagszeit scheint die beste Zeit für meinen Server zu sein, nachts ist es nur ein Kotzkampf.

Ich möchte ja aber spielen wenn ich Bock habe, und nicht wenn die Spacken weg sind.

• Like 1

Thormato
9 minutes ago, sleava said:

How so? I think most players would be in support of a killcam. I am not stupid enough to suggest that you would see it right away: the last thing I would want is for group members to report locations to their squad when they die. My ideal version of this would be a 1 minute clip from both players that you can view once the game is ended. If you think its still suspicious, you could then send it off for review.

Also keep in mind, a lot of "hackers" I encounter, I do think to be the result of technical difficulties. This could also help properly assess how prevalent they actually are. 

Besides, if hackers truly overrun Tarkov, you can expect more than half the playerbase to leave. I have been gaming a long time, I have seen pretty much how bad it can get. 

Hackers are overrunning EFT, look at any Website which has Eft Hacks for Sale... Eft is the top seller there

Hamm

Im just waiting to see the driders that say

"omg stop, iv been playing since alpha and only ran into 1 cheater" "the anti cheat works great" "its not cheats it lag or desync"

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

BaconSniper

I really don't think they value their community at all, support is terrible and until the game is done , I doubt they will do anything about cheaters.. If it has not died by then. 

sleava
12 hours ago, Thormato said:

Hackers are overrunning EFT, look at any Website which has Eft Hacks for Sale... Eft is the top seller there

Well, I dont exactly go around websites that sell hacks. But you have to understand where I am coming from. I have been a gamer for a long time, and the game I bring up when it comes to being the worst at hacking was Halo 2. (I know, I feel old). If I were to guess from memory, I would say that at its worst, about 60% of the games would be hacks, and more than half of the remaining games people would be using exploits and bugs to cheat. The worst part about it all was that Bungie, the company that made said game came out in support of people using glitches and exploits, and didn't really do anything to try and permaban hackers. That is what I consider a game overrun with hackers to be like, and that is what a company that didn't value its community looks like.

Can BSG do more? Probably. On the other hand, I know that handling a problem like this can be harder than people expect. The reality is that this game is a half made buggy mess.... which is why it's sold as a beta. Because money in Tarkov is fairly valued, people will continue to hack for it. Hackers will be a problem more or less over the lifetime of the game. I don't really see the point in complaining again and again: there are a hundred posts complaining about hackers. The best thing I think is to propose and discuss possible ways to catch hackers. 

SkyRipper

.12 is going to be flooded with cheaters. my first game today i died to one. i exit the game there and then. so in less then a min i found hacks that take 2 mins to download and a youtube video that shows you how it work and how to install it. there so easy to get. can't BSG add a scanner that downloads with the game, picks up if you add/change files or have something overlaying the game.

i do understand that there not always hackers and it comes to lag at times, maybe OC severs just suck

Chaos_Theorist
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SkyRipper said:

.12 is going to be flooded with cheaters. my first game today i died to one. i exit the game there and then. so in less then a min i found hacks that take 2 mins to download and a youtube video that shows you how it work and how to install it. there so easy to get. can't BSG add a scanner that downloads with the game, picks up if you add/change files or have something overlaying the game.

i do understand that there not always hackers and it comes to lag at times, maybe OC severs just suck

The problem is that the hack devs will always be a step ahead of the game devs and find ways to circumvent those possible solutions.   .dll injectors and hacks that can even fool people watching a live broadcast.  On one hand, you have the game devs, that (presumably) have every spare man and resource working their asses off to to get the content out on time.   Which means they might have a small dedicated group of people and money put towards the anti-cheat.   On the other hand, you have the countless groups of hack devs, and they don't need to spread their resources thin.  They all have one goal in mind and every resource dedicated to it...Exploiting and hacking the games that are worth the time.  Unfortunately, Tarkov is an extremely lucrative platform for hack designers.   

-You have a tangible resource that you can quickly target, overcome, acquire and resale.

-An unfinished platform that has too many problems too warrant focusing on you or your shenanigans

-You are targeting a platform that inadvertently makes your job much easier.  (No killcams.  No replays of any kind.  Ability to anonymously join a game and kill someone with very little risk of repercussions or even suspicion of fault, due to anonymity and even the ambiguity of not knowing if it was even an AI or actual person that killed you.  NO DIRECT REPORT FEATURE.  No MAC/hardware bans.  Easy to launder resources--i.e. have one hack account and launder the items to one or multiple legit ones.  The hacker can hack with almost ZERO accountability or risk.  And finally, up until recently, the support of this game would actually victim-blame the people trying to expose the hackers.  "Our anti-cheat works as it should.   Use the search function.   Locking this thread."   If I was a hacker, I would read these threads, snicker to myself, and continue hacking with the blanket of comfort that even the DEVS are discouraging victims from coming forward.  

Love this game.  Will not stop playing.   But really hope BSG cracks the whip on this poo.

Edited by Chaos_Theorist
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

jlondonza

ฉันเห็นด้วยว่ามีคนโกงจำนวนมากเกินไป

Chaos_Theorist

Also loving this trend of OBVIOUS hackers on labs that add TTV to there name linking to obviously fake twitch channels with one follower and no videos.   Really hope .12 comes with a heavy-duty buff to the anti-hack.   People are seriously not even hiding the prefires or blind-wall kills anymore.  Is it even worth uploading my footage?  Has anyone confirmed a ban from anyone they've implicated?

• Like 1

wildphillip

Love this game but right now it's unplayable, cheaters everywhere.

BaconSniper

I don't understand who would buy in game items for real money only to loose them to the same people who sold it to you in the first place. Imagine buying a red keycard for say 20 bucks, just to be 1 tapped in the 1st min of your labs run . This sheit is not even funny anymore.

Chaos_Theorist
Posted (edited)

Holy poo...it's SO BAD right now.   I can't play anymore.   THEY ARE NOT EVEN HIDING IT MAN.   dude runs from out of earshot while I have gssh's on.  Runs RIGHT up to the partition im at and shoots RIGHT through at my head.   first few didnt penetrate then the last one domed me.   This is like the 6th time today.    

UNPLAYABLE.

Edited by Chaos_Theorist

BESK
On 7/18/2019 at 4:13 AM, sleava said:

I don't really see the point in complaining again and again: there are a hundred posts complaining about hackers. The best thing I think is to propose and discuss possible ways to catch hackers. 

Fine if BSG cant do anything about it. But I think that they should give us a refund (to those who requests it) = one less unhappy/whining customer.

• Like 1