minigunmania

Are macros currently banned or not?

minigunmania

Googling this only showed results from last year, and I don't think there has been an official answer on this since then.

google search link

Every result on google is from before May of 2018.

I'm asking mainly because I've been interested in an idea of strobe flashlights - it works by pressing 't' repeatedly when shooting the weapon. This can either be achieved by having your girlfriend smash the flashlight button while watching the game, smashing it yourself, gaming mouse function, mouse wheel bind, autohotkey, etc.

And of course, the most convenient way to achieve this would be through macros(either third party software or internal peripheral configs).

I'm wondering if this is bannable - seeing that well-known notorious cheaters don't get banned for over half a year, I'm sure it won't be banned promptly. But I still wonder if the devs plan to ban this in the near future, or currently right now.

BSG has officially said in 2018/05/02 that they do not punish for macros, but it's been a year and 2 months since then so I'm asking again.

Edited by minigunmania

Shaktimaan

@minigunmania

It's frowned upon by the community in general because the malicious purposes they can be used for outnumber the non-malicious practical purposes which macros can serve.

The biggest things macros are currently used for are market bots and leveling/farming bots.

They can also be used for vertical aim compensation for high recoil guns or if your recoil soft skill is too low or something.

Now I don't have any official information on whether it's a bannable offense or not, but I suggest you don't go down that path as that feature most likely will be added in the game. It's definitely not worth risking a ban for a strobe mode feature.

hobbicon

Any news on this? I have a very barebone keyboard and use AHK for adjusting the volume and othertasks, including work.

Edited by hobbicon

Wadexas

Any third party software is accounted as gaining advantage against others thats what i can say. Just play legitly my suggestion.

Acecool

As an accessibility feature, there is likely no problem... ie: If you have nerve damage and use it to open 20 backpacks nested within backpacks without having to click 40+ times.

If you're using it to bypass recoil by implementing an autoclicker with down-movement based on recoil amount then I'd see that as an issue unless a disability warrants its use and the devs have ok'd it.. As far as aimbots are concerned, I am wholly against their use and I hate consoles as a result of them having them in every game... Even some PC games have 'aim assist' which is disgusting.

Acecool

Edit:

As an accessibility feature, there is likely no problem... ie: If you have nerve damage and use it to open 20 backpacks nested within backpacks without having to click 40+ times.

If you're using it to bypass recoil by implementing an autoclicker with down-movement based on recoil amount then I'd see that as an issue unless a disability warrants its use and the devs have ok'd it.. As far as aimbots are concerned, I am wholly against their use and I hate consoles as a result of them having them in every game... Even some PC games have 'aim assist' which is disgusting.

edit: As far as helping you navigate clunky UI, poorly designed UI, etc... Macros are actually healthy to use. They help prevent carpel tunnel.

However, if you are using something to trade quicker, ie a trade-bot, then that isn't a macro....

A macro is a pre-selected set of instructions passed through, which do not change. ie: Click here, click there, click there... Macros can't be used for anything such as aimbotting, etc...

They can be used to zoom your weapon in, and hold your breath with one button which doesn't give you an advantage - I mean, look at the Swiftpoint Z mouse... With pressure you can zoom in to multiple levels, add holding breath, etc... Those are technically macros based on pressure being applied to a button.

Nothing wrong with that, or 'evil', but too many people assume macros can do everything for you, when they can't unless you create additional functionality, at which point it is no longer a macro.

For instance... If you create a set of instructions to open the flea-market with 1 button and click on your favorite category.. That is a macro because the instruction set would be something like: Click here for flea-market, Move the mouse to this location ( over the category list ), scroll if necessary ( either scroll instruction is added, or it is not ), click on the category...

That is a macro..

But, a macro will not look at the prices of those items in that category and purchase the items if they have fallen below a level.

There are some macros which could be considered as 'bad' in terms of gameplay, but they aren't actually 'useful'... For instance... Click, delay, release, move mouse down x units, repeat if button is held...

That set of instructions is the rudimentary 'anti-recoil' but it doesn't work when a game is programmed properly... For instance: If every weapon has different recoil, it would only work on a single gun. If there is any left / right kick of the gun, the macro can not tell you how many many 'units' the player view was affected as the mouse is not affected and that feature doesn't exist, unless you create a new macro with a piece of software which has a record button.. Then it will log YOUR inputs to create the instructions.

So, if the game is coded properly... ie:

Every single bullet is x% different in terms of powder load in real life which affects the recoil... The person could find the average ( by eye ) and try to fall in the middle... Because Rand uses time to create a random value, you will get an average of 0.5 from [ 0 to 1 ) over long term results. So that's fine.

Every gun behaves differently.. Every gun also fires differently in rapid fire. Every person uses a firearm slightly differently.. Some react as they squeeze the trigger, some pull the trigger. Some don't. I don't. I squeeze and follow through and I'm incredibly accurate.

Free floating barrels look like spaghetti when shooting.. This cartoons... It's not as unrealistic as you may think, although not as pronounced. So with rapid fire, it is possible for variation in trajectory if you let it rip, even though it won't be much as a free-floating barrel is more accurate than static.

But still, the thinner the barrel, the more of this. The longer the barrel, the more of this. Etc.. If the barrel moves in the gun during firing when the bullet hasn't fully exited, any motion at all can affect this.

All of this add up to a tiny bit of 'thrust' being expelled out of the muzzle end of the weapon in slightly different directions. This affects recoil on a per shot basis.

Most games simply make the bullet instantly appear at what is being aimed at, unrealistically, with an offset of x and y so if you shot an unlimited number of bullets you'd either end up with a circle, or square taken out of a target.

This 'works'... but isn't incredibly accurate, especially for those of us who know how to properly use firearms. I personally was the best in my barracks with the MG42; I was so accurate they wanted me on the thing every time I went out but the thing was 11.5KG or something like that... plus ammo. I was accurate because I asked questions, understood the answers and adjusted. day and night. I also don't 'flinch' when shooting.. I also don't 'blink' when I let a shot go down range.

All of this affects shot placement. All of it affects everything..

This game does more than move the view up x units - which isn't detectable on any normal macro software, by the way, because the change happens to the Player VIEW / Camera... not the mouse. Although some games do actually use mouse commands which is unwise... If a person is able to get this number, then they are using a cheat, not a macro... because with that number you can ensure your view returns to the exact spot it was prior to firing the shot on the left / right, up / down axis... Hell, they wouldn't even need to use a macro to execute this, they'd manipulate the view directly, in memory... and since the game on the client is controlled by the client, it would work.

That is a cheat, not a macro.

So - please don't bash macros as being cheats without knowing what they are capable of, and what they are not.

Macros are 'dumb' bits of instruction to repeat a process you are capable of in x actions and compressing it into a single action.

Cheats access the game memory, packets being networked, and read / write to the memory, manipulate controls based on the data, etc.. alter packets to make the server think the client did something else, etc... With poorly coded games, the client can easily trick the server and this is many games - such as Hellion... In this game the client can tell the server they killed someone on the opposite side of the solar system with a hand-gun by sending a packet... The server verifies nothing. This is BAD coding practice - NEVER TRUST CLIENT INPUT.

So, don't bash macros which can be great aides for those who are disabled, to prevent damage, to increase efficiency, etc.. without giving an unfair advantage in gameplay... But, please continue to bash cheats which give an unfair advantage. Do not confuse the two.

Edited by Acecool

eLguL

would it theoretically be possible to keep an updated flea market item price database on one side, and an ingame display in the item inspect screen, that reads from the database and parses the average market price on the other side? i think the biggest hurdle for new players right now is valuing items. i come from path of exile which is also a very complex game and there we have an Autohotkey(i know scripts are not allowed, its just an explanation of my concept, ive also added a screenshot of the poe macro) macro that displays an average item price tooltip if you press a hotkey. sorry for my bad english its not my native language

spacer.png

SkeletalElite

ITT: People who don't know how macros work.

A recoil compensating macro would be incredibly complex and unreliable

How TF can a macro be used for a market bot, it literally just pressess buttons quickly or various buttons in succession with speicifc timing on a certain button press.

Aimbots aren't even related to macros.

Yukari_Akiyama

Wasn’t some streamer dickface caught using macros to buy items off fence instantly and the devs refused to take action due to his e-fame?

• Like 2

Xarc
9 hours ago, Yukari_Akiyama said:

Wasn’t some streamer dickface caught using macros to buy items off fence instantly and the devs refused to take action due to his e-fame?

Yes it was but at that time I think BSG allowed macros for all players (I'm not sure).

hobbicon

I mean, I use something like this.

; Linked Search
^l::
MouseClick, right
Sleep, 10
MouseMove, 0, -62.25, 50, R
MouseClick, left
return

Control + L instantly shows me the linked items.

I hope they make an announcement before they start banning people?

• Sad 1

BaloneyTy

Can the anti-cheat differentiate between different macro uses? Can we get an answer to this please? For the sake of smooth tongued emote roleplayers and would be epileptic flashlight users everywhere

ShiroTenshi

According to the TOS and EULA:

4.2. The User does not have the right:

(...)

4.2.11. To use automated scripts for collecting information or for any other type of action with the Game and its elements.

(...)

4.3.4. Under no circumstances to perform the following actions, either in full or in part:

а) ways to override limitations, i.e., methods affecting the course of the Game and/or simplifying it (including code taking advantage of Game vulnerability) and thus giving the User and/or any other user advantages over other players not using such methods;

b) automated access to the Game (“bots”), i.e., any code and/or software not expressly permitted by Battlestate Games Limited, allowing the User to manage the Game and/or some component or function of the Game automatically, such as automatically controlling a character in the Game;

Of course there are some macros that are harmless and others that are not. I know, for example, that flea market bots are being banned, people using macros to full auto single shot weapons are also being tracked and punished, etc.

So to answer your question, there is no exact answer as it depends on the Macro you are using. It may be an unfair answer, but Use at your own risk.

Xarc
2 hours ago, Shaktimaan said:

Can we use macros for hideout?

You should be able/allowed to use them as long you do no harm to any player. But this is just my opinion.