Twisted_Direxx

Pressing the mousewheel to inspect and consume items

Twisted_Direxx

The mousewheel could be used for both so you can consume/apply items like  painkillers and pineapple juice and stims in you container or backpack more effective, All the things that the PMC consumes i suggest.. I saw people use their meds from the safecontainer by rightklick and pressing use. That second is maybe critical if you bleed from many holes or have to be aware of your surrounding instead of looking at the inventory for 8 secounds cause it blurs the world behind like after getting peppersprayed. Inspecting is a one time thing you do but it is really annoying in the middle of urban warfare so that should definetly stay middle mousewheel too. Or maybe go. I trust my PMC to know what a energy saving lamp is in this stage of his life.  Stuff like Military Hightech from that fancy Lab, stuff looking and behaving heavy Star Trek or at least a little shia labeouf. Okay, that could be worth an inspect. Ammunition and Weapon Parts, well, i depents on how well a PMC got drilled by his sergeant but that man should know stuff. Really. I dont mean that he should be a master of his trade but with the state of knowledge you start your game i couldnt help me but say: My PMC is negligent stupid.

• Upvote 1

Thormato

You bandage a gunshot wound in 2s and complain that you dont want to search in your inventory to make it even faster and then say it would be more realistic?

Sir_Mossy
39 minutes ago, Twisted_Direxx said:

The mousewheel could be used for both so you can consume/apply items like  painkillers and pineapple juice and stims in you container or backpack more effective

The point is for it to not be effective. Realistically, anything not in your vest or pockets would take longer to access. They want to compel you to put the things you will most likely use in your pockets/vest so you can hotkey it. Adding a quick access bind for the backpack would change gameplay a lot. This is especially the case for containers. That would be the worst idea in the history of the world if you were able to quick use ANYTHING from your container, considering that was the source of several gun glitches.

As for consumables, it's not like you have to chug water every 30 seconds. You can go over half a raid on a full liquid bar, so the 2 seconds it takes to open you inventory, right-click "consume all", and and be done is no big deal.

Twisted_Direxx

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Sir_Mossy:

The point is for it to not be effective. Realistically, anything not in your vest or pockets would take longer to access. They want to compel you to put the things you will most likely use in your pockets/vest so you can hotkey it. Adding a quick access bind for the backpack would change gameplay a lot. This is especially the case for containers. That would be the worst idea in the history of the world if you were able to quick use ANYTHING from your container, considering that was the source of several gun glitches.

As for consumables, it's not like you have to chug water every 30 seconds. You can go over half a raid on a full liquid bar, so the 2 seconds it takes to open you inventory, right-click "consume all", and and be done is no big deal.

Mh Mh No No No. What the--

God no. I totally agree man. The middle mouse button should not quick acces a whole container and use all the medical things togehter inside it

i just liked the Way the game handles discarting unwanted stuff at the moment and thought it would be a nice thing to handle it similar with consumables.

It is completely obvios at this point but i entreaty that to be aware of the fact that english is not my native language and this is the reason why we cant have good things anymore. Because of my ducking incompetence. I am really inconsolable, old sport!

Sorry! :( so what i really meant to suggest is that you should still have to open up your inventory like always, scroll down and place the mouse over needet item like a painkiller or drink but instead of right click 4 popup menu and press:

- use

- use all

-use 12 / 50 ml pinapple juice

- discard

instead the middle mouse button is besides inspection a useall  for drinks and  use 1 Pill or Heal.

i think Right now Its uneccecary chunky clickery between every heal step you may have to make. So why not click on the heal items and they will be applied in that order at least.  Just Like Spamming the next hotkey while the Pmc executes the one you pressed before?

And anything not in the vest or pocket will always remain less effective then using the hotkeys alone for the fact that you cannot move around or see poo. What i really meant is that it just would feel more fluid like the solution we have for discarding items with the delete key right know.

Eating and drinking is like you said no big deal as well as dehydration and bloodloss as long as you can heal against it, You can last quite a while.  Is this Reslistic? 

Yes why the duck not man.

Red dead redemption II realism level is really really In love with detail and gives additional immersion to the whole game. I can only admire that.

But i would hate that realism level in tarkov because Its allready the most immersive  and realistic shooter i ever played in a long time since S.T.A.L.K.E.R . I wouldn't change a thing because it just works. Imagine if the healing item is in, for example the Backpack, Your PMC knees down , opens it takes out the bandage, applys it, stuffs the remaining bandage inside again closes that Backpack. Stands up, notices the active grenade next to him.

KIA.

Add Realism  like that and it becomes too real to be funny or lootersh shooter .

vor einer Stunde schrieb Thormato:

You bandage a gunshot wound in 2s and complain that you dont want to search in your inventory to make it even faster and then say it would be more realistic?

Did i?

gosh darnit!

Sorry!

I repeat: It is completely obvios at this point but i entreaty that to be aware of the fact that english is not my native language and this is the reason why we cant have good things anymore. Because of my ducking incompetence. I am really inconsolable, old sport. mkay :(

So. Yeah. Right. I think i kinda complained about the inventory thats right yeah. Because the blurr that doesnt stop. But okay. Thats the second allusion to realism but thats not what i wanted to suggest .  Adding more realism to the game or to anything else or even speaking about realism was not my intention today i swear.  But in the light of local custom, any local rules which may exist and good manners  i complain about the lack of realism with the blurr thing and discuss this  with you okay?

Here we go.

I realise:  even if i stare at this computerscreen right now I will stop staring occasionally to take a look behind  trough the window  and check if this rabid stray or worse is moving from the woods towards the house again.  People do that . especially if there is high life treathening danger,unless your defusing a bomb at the moment and maybe even then, you will want to turn your look away from at whatever you stare for a moment if you have danger and death around you. But tbh that one thing is no Big Deal since i believe that my PMC is negligent and stupid. It fits to not pay attention to anything other than your Inventory.

Back to topic   I am suprised that it takes only 2 seconds to bandage a wound tbh. With what? The green military bandage? Im not a doctor so im not really sure how long bandaging should take to be honest but 2s sounds really fast. Cool but i would  more likely  buy First aid kid for that because bleeding to death takes a while and that space is  better filled with a roler or grenade and so on.

To be clear i am fine with the speed of the healing items.

i just liked the Way the game handles discarting unwanted stuff at the moment and thought it would be a nice thing to handle it similar with consumables.

i never said That  it would be more realistic, it is just maybe a little more fluid u know?

And sure , youre right. I absolutely dont want to search for ANYTHING in my inventory because i should know where my Meds are.

I, for my part don't want or need to search the inventory unless i have too much trash and  dont want it to slow me down. Or can fit another thing in.

• Sad 1

Thormato
1 hour ago, Twisted_Direxx said:

But i would hate that realism level in tarkov because Its allready the most immersive  and realistic shooter i ever played in a long time since S.T.A.L.K.E.R . I wouldn't change a thing because it just works. Imagine if the healing item is in, for example the Backpack, Your PMC knees down , opens it takes out the bandage, applys it, stuffs the remaining bandage inside again closes that Backpack. Stands up, notices the active grenade next to him.

KIA.

Add Realism  like that and it becomes too real to be funny or lootersh shooter . 

You totaly said that right, you are the reason we cant have nice things, EFT is all about being as realistic as possible, its not a funny lootershooter ffs, its a realistic milsim ?survival? game.