Sign in to follow this  
dskpnk

My feedback and suggestions about the game

dskpnk

Hello everyones, and hello to the dev team, cause the reason i am posting here is the hope that they read it !

So i started Tarkov just one week before the last wipe, you can found my feedbacks about pre wipe events here, i actually reached lvl 35 with 428h played, 350 raids. I also have really big experiences in milsim games (maybe 15k hours if your regroup all flaspoint/arma series) if it can gives a bit more credits to what i will say !

So first of all, i have to give you a big congratulation for this game, i love how the work is polished, it's beautifull, detailed, map design are great, sounds are really good, all these give an exeptional imersion to this game, at a lvl never reached before. I will always remember my firsts games, scared of everything, hiding in corners like a cat ! Keep the good work and thanks to all your teams working on the game ! 

But ! I am not here to make pages of congrats, so here are my feedback/suggestions about the game !

1- OP SCAV RUNS :

For now i think scav run are way too profitable, especially at the begining of the game when you can spawn with really cool weapons and armors, and just run to the extract of factory (witch will be point 2).

So what i suggest for scav runs, first more variable about the scav itself, starting with low food, low hydratation, maybe a wound (not a black one but a 1hp left arm or legs). I think this will improve scav gameplay, cause you will have a primary survival goal, then after you can start to farm. But principaly, avoid easy scav run farming, when you have good scav, and just run to the closest extract.

Also in a second time, nerf the gear, having scav with an ADAR and lvl 3 body armor is just not feeting the game, it's breaking immersion when you see your scav run have a better gear than your PMC (eszpecially at the begining). In my opinion they should have max lvl 2 armors/helmets with variable conditions (so you don't loot pristine gear on scavs) and bad condition weapons with missing parts. This will also affect PMC looting scav gear, so PMC would use bad condition weapons, have to repair them etc etc, just to bring a more survival feeling !

Finally, i think you should have to pay for transfering scav stuff to your PMC, why the duck is this dude going to a raid, risking his life, then give everything to a random guy from a PMC that shoots is other scavs friend all the time ?

Best solution would be to have a unique scav, with his own stash (half the basic account stash), his own limited hideout (no medical acces so wounds need to heal with time), skier trader acces only (cause actually don't see the real interest of skier), and an option to sell stuff to your PMC for money (fixed amount ofc, no point doing this if you can trade gear to you PMC for 1r)

2- OP FACTORY RUNS :

So factory as something special, really cool map, really close combat, but it's way to easy to make really cool profits out of this map ! Take a group of 5 geared players, kill the loner PMC, and eradicate all scavs till the end, then full loot the whole map. Or just scav ninja loot runthrough.

So i suggest to make the runthrough less profitable on factory, first all my previous point about scavs, second a scav boss, someone strong for close combat shreding you with a shotgun and giving no way to exit the main extract without a good fight. Then finally maybe make a factory key, like the lab key but much more easy to loot on scavs, but factory can't be without player scavs, would lost to much fun of this map, so to do this need a scav personal stash as i suggested previously.

3- HATCHET RUNNERS :

They run faster than you, reach cool gear first, put it in the secure containers (and some of them are litterally backpacks), then rush or camp PMC in a corner, with the probability of killing a full kit or anyway, a fast return to stash to secure his gamma container content.

Suggestions, for now, doing hatchet runs are 100% benefit, you can die or being wounded it doesn't matter. What i hope for the future of this game, is a much more survival feeling, for now we are optimizing our kit for max profits, but it's a survival game, we should focus in surviving first.

So a death should penalize your stats for some time after, x raid, x hour don't know, but giving a significant nerf to your character skills (15% at least). Also radom chance of tremors/earing bugs during this time.

A black wound should have also repercutions after you got one, reduced max health of the limb and randoms chance of pain or bleeds for the next x raids/x hours.

Also during a raid a bleeding shoud have chance to rebleed depending you skill etc etc, and a fracture, even fixed reduce the max health of the fractured limb during the actual raid.

All this points in order to makes your character more or at least as valuable and important as your gear, punishing wounds and death, so hatchet runners would suffer their 10 failed attemps for the one the fully black limbs runing on painkillers extracts, and the fully geared players, rewarded by avoided wounds repercutions.

For now let's assume you tarde kill with a low kit when full kit, result will be the same, both death, both stuff return, only difference is that full kit will have more expensive reparations and ammo loses, so using full kit just penalize your economy. With my suggestion, low kit may have took much more wounds during the spray trade, so will have more debuff for next raid and expensive healthcare to do, balancing the kill trade, slighly in the favor of the full kit.

4- CONTAINERS :

Some of them are just bigger or same size as the T2 backpacks, it's not really fun, for the point i just mentioned before with the hatchet runs, and for the fact that it reduce a lot the rewards of a pvp fight cause player will put the best loot inside. So after a good PVP fight you can just get frustrated cause the guys had nothing cool to loot cause he can drop tons of poo in those safe containers. Also most of players hides their meds inside, so if you win a PVP with a wound, uses your meds, you don't have any for next fights, and it's ridiculous cause you have a dead full kit PMC here you just killed with all meds inside this secure things !

I would suggest to nerf those boxes drastically giving everyones basic account ones, and nerfing quest given ones, but i think player would cry too much + you used it as a commercial bait for bigger accounts so i don't think you are able to come back on this ! But i suggest to reduce the list of items you can put inside, like no weapon/armors/rigs, no trinkets, no meds, no mags. Only ammo, keys/keytools/documents/money/quest items.

5- GENERAL LOOT :

No big problems here, but i would like to see random conditions on weapons and stuff, just to make repairing and crafting important.

6- GAMMA & RESHADE :

No idea if you would really have solutions for this, i think BTF V have something against reshaders, and i might remember some dayz server with an anti gamma kind of thing but can really remember and i don't really have suggestions for this, but it's breaking fun of night raids and almost cheats, when reshading game is for me, totally cheating. 

7- FLEA MARKET :

Really cool feature, i would like to see the game relly a bit more on it, my suggestion is just to reduce global stocks of traders, but, need to fix the bots problems, cause i feel to many bots are still runing on this flea to make the game relly too much on it without creating hudhe advantage to bot users.

8- SOME SOUNDS :

Globaly the sound design is great, i think localisation could be improved cause sometimes it's still a bit confusing but globally it's ok ! BUT WTF HAPPENING TO WOOD AND METAL FLOOR, seriously, it's way too loud, nobody walks like that, looks like our character just smash his feet as loudly as possible on the floor, and can be eard about miles. It's way too loud and the range way to big ! You can ear someone walking in shorline's pier from the hill north other side of the road. Please rework wood and metal sounds, cause there is now way to walk in a wooden house without alerting five houses arround ! And i swear i have a wooden floor myself, i can walk, and not be eard by the neighbours accros the road ^^

Thx for reading ! Love this game !

• Upvote 1

CooH1e2

Hey man!

Thanks for posting your feedack / ideas for the community and devs. 

1. OP SCAVS RUN

I really think it's generally ok how it's now in terms of what you can extract and get.

Beginners are so scared the first raids that they don't take profit at all and high level players... these guys are not even using the scav chracter at all or just for fun and to ruin some PMC's raid. Maybe the intermediate players are taking some profit from time to time but I wouldn't say it's OP just for entering as scav with a couple of thousands in loot value.

I would defintely redefine how and why transfer the things to your stash...  thsi sentence is the keypoint to solve

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:59 AM, dskpnk said:

why the duck is this dude going to a raid, risking his life, then give everything to a random guy from a PMC that shoots is other scavs friend all the time ?

Maybe with the hideout and the possiblity to choose our BEAR / USEC / SCAV character it makes more sense ... let's see... the explanation that BSG provides to anwer the questions... How they collaborate? why? what does it mean?

2- OP FACTORY RUNS 

I would say somehing similar to the Scav point. It's funny but experimented players would say it's not that profitable... because you extract mainly bad equipment and risk your life to horde of scavs... adding a boss would only make it more profitable

Anyways I agree that factory map deserves a review..... maybe expanding  the sorrounding of the factory, redefining the exits and establishing one or the other depending on where you spawned... (similar to interchange having the north / south exits)

3- HATCHET RUNNERS :

Permanent health is going to be implemented soon (not sure if in 0.12 with the hideout). You need to heal your character after the raid and hatchet runners won't be "free" any longer.

4- CONTAINERS :

This is the way Tarkov devs want to reduce the frustration of dying according to their words and I don't think they are going to change it. 

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:59 AM, dskpnk said:

I would suggest to nerf those boxes drastically giving everyones basic account ones, and nerfing quest given ones, but i think player would cry too much + you used it as a commercial bait for bigger accounts so i don't think you are able to come back on this ! But i suggest to reduce the list of items you can put inside, like no weapon/armors/rigs, no trinkets, no meds, no mags. Only ammo, keys/keytools/documents/money/quest items.

I don't think this is a right approach. Every player should be able to decide what's important for him and keep it in there. this is not that much space and you always need to make choices ( you put in there that object for the quest or the most valuable roler for example) I think it's perfect as it is now.

Regarding the commercial bait.... I don't agree.  In fact, BSG explained that eventually everybody will be able to improve the stash size and  container size during the evolution in the game...  If they wanted to have the commercial effect it's easier to lock it according to your account. I personnaly bought the EoD because I wantes to support BSG for the development as this is the main game I'm playing since a year and a half now.

5- GENERAL LOOT 

Agree with you. I would also add that I'd like to see more randome loot for valuable objects.... avoiding that you have spawn locations for keys or so.. I think they are already working on it though.

6- GAMMA & RESHADE :

They can block it now with BE for example... but so far it's approved to be used

7- FLEA MARKET : working fine

8- SOME SOUNDS :

generally agree

• Like 1

dskpnk

Have to disagree with you on some points but thx for your pov.

Experienced players not doing scav : Actually i joined a team with guys playing like crazy, as soon as they finished they main characters, they almost do only scav to have this random gear factor and push themself out of their confort zone.

Experimented players would say factory it's not that profitable : With my team we make groups of 5 and just totally clean the map with almost no lost/wounds, then we loot absolutelly everything, so it might not be as profitable as a lab raid, but it's way more easy and you can get your stuff back with insurance. A bit less of profit yes, but a solid flat income (we are about 50% of succesfull raids on labs, with no insurance, and scav raiders, when we have a 95% success on factory)

This is the way Tarkov devs want to reduce the frustration of dying according to their words :  Dying is alway frustating, i don't care about having tons of pixels in my stash, but i care about being proud of myself. So dying is not frustrating, but wining is cause you only loot matches...

They can block it now with BE for example... but so far it's approved to be used : The last podcast i see with Nikita speaking about it doesn't looks like he was ok with that, just need to tolerate it because some people have irl physical disorders (colorblind etc etc)

Edited by dskpnk

CooH1e2

Sure! that's the whole point for a good discussion sharing different points of view... not agreeing in all of them. :) 

43 minutes ago, dskpnk said:

Experienced players not doing scav : Actually i joined a team with guys playing like crazy, as soon as they finished they main characters, they almost do only scav to have this random gear factor and push themself out of their confort zone.

I see the point of playing with the random gear to avoid to push themselves out of the M4 comfort zone...  I also do SCAV runs to have a fresh game from time to time...
Anyways let's take out my point of not being used .... I agree that even if it's not so OP from my POV it should be reviewed.

SCAV's should kill each other... not letting him walk without problems trough the map ... it's a menace. 

And they should explain why are collaborating Scav and PMC for a loot or stash....

Experimented players would say factory it's not that profitable : With my team we make groups of 5 and just totally clean the map with almost no lost/wounds, then we loot absolutelly everything, so it might not be as profitable as a lab raid, but it's way more easy and you can get your stuff back with insurance. A bit less of profit yes, but a solid flat income (we are about 50% of succesfull raids on labs, with no insurance, and scav raiders, when we have a 95% success on factory)

I agree that 5 guys in factory can wipe the other player... 2 waves of scav's and go out with everything they want.... but you need too spare the loot by 5 ... How much can you take out? 200k roubles? A good amount to "pay the bills"...  and recover froma fallback.... but you won't be rich playing factory only.

With a SCAV boss it's only the same difficulty but increasing profitability... and a key to enter would only reduce the number of players making it easier for the ones that decide to enter.

This is the way Tarkov devs want to reduce the frustration of dying according to their words :  Dying is alway frustating, i don't care about having tons of pixels in my stash, but i care about being proud of myself. So dying is not frustrating, but wining is cause you only loot matches...

Well... here you quoted a point that is not exactly mine... but devs words. I do agree on this point.

It seems they are doing changes in the containers... so going in this direction... I personnaly do like it even with my gmma container. I don't mind getting "the nerf" ... 

They can block it now with BE for example... but so far it's approved to be used : The last podcast i see with Nikita speaking about it doesn't looks like he was ok with that, just need to tolerate it because some people have irl physical disorders (colorblind etc etc)

Again something that is in the devs hands... I also don't like the idea of using an external device to change the way the game looks like.... but this is a sensitive topic. 

Should we avoid the graphics quality sliders and oblige everyone to run it in a top computer to ensure all shadows, rendering , ... are there?

Or it's good to have an option that allows lower computer to run it.
I would like that these changes would only be cosmetics... but unfortunately they can be used to improve your chances of surviving

ataros
On 7/29/2019 at 9:59 AM, dskpnk said:

So a death should penalize your stats for some time after, x raid, x hour don't know, but giving a significant nerf to your character skills (15% at least).

I really like this idea. It will bring back fear of death and some suspense to higher level players and may be implemented in a way that does not punish new players. E.g. the devs can make death result in removing all skill bonuses gained by leveling up for the next raid. Then have the skill bonuses gained by progression gradually restore during 5 consecutive raids if survived. In other words, the skill bonuses will still increase with progression but will be gradually activated only if player survives 1 to 5 previous raids.

Another advantage of this approach is that most hutchet and pistol runners who die a lot will have the same speed in a particular raid as geared players that survived several previous raids. This will usually allow geared players to get to loot spawns at the same time with hatchlings.

Edited by ataros

PingPauli

I wasnt playing EFT the last months like alot of other players. Just played a few matches with pistols in Factory today and it went out all the same. One Sneaky fully geared player killing every scav. Last year there was more diversity, squads,hatchlings and in general more unarmored people running around.Was fun in the beginning, once u had the stash full of armor and weapons it got boring to see only hatchlings. Maybe this game needs some matchmaker who makes sure that u will experience diversity. Dont get me wrong here, sneaky, camping etc is fine. Its just kinda boring if ure fully geared and the only thing u encounter are people who arent a threat and u get richer and richer and soon start to sell "endgame" equipment because u rarely die and rarely experience heavy firefights.

dskpnk

Also this game really need some fix to the net code, moving players always have the advantage, and one of the meta is to "bring the ping with you" that the reason why you see so much agressive playstyle, like jumping through doors or rushing like crazy. And it actually works...

apeFromTarkoff
On 9/18/2019 at 1:29 AM, ataros said:

I really like this idea. It will bring back fear of death and some suspense to higher level players and may be implemented in a way that does not punish new players.

it maybe a good idea untill you realise how many people complain about deaths from desync and hackers, there are people who are allready die "too much", so introducing "penalizing" from death could become a complete disaster for them

Edited by apeFromTarkoff

dskpnk

So just got killed by a guys not making any sounds, he totally legit and not cheating i think cause we talk a bit after this. Something has to be done cause this happen way too much. Your game is great, but those problems are spoiling the whole thing, loosing 45min of playing after i won my fight vs 3 pmc by a guy who was sound desinc... I think i just gonna go back to arma, escape from altis mod, witch is basically the same thing as your game, bugs free, on a real open world...

Edited by dskpnk