Jerycho

Pay to pass tasks ?

Jerycho

Hello,

Maybe this have already benne asked, but I think I heard or read somewhere that a feature allowing to pay to pass the tasks will be implemented.

Actualy, I'm not a sniper guy, and some tasks you all know are very anoying for me.

So I would like to know if it was a false information, or an idea devs are working on ?

Vodor

Are you saying “pay with real money” to skip them or hand over in game currency?

As long as it’s in game currency I can’t see an issue. Depends what tasks are actually in the final release (and could even change after). And make it very expensive to do.

To be fair some of the tasks are nigh on impossible for older no longer ninja reflexes and degrading eyesight players like me so it’s an alternative.

Niewiarygodny
26 minutes ago, Vodor said:

Are you saying “pay with real money” to skip them or hand over in game currency?

Kinda same thing, don't you think? :D

26 minutes ago, Vodor said:

As long as it’s in game currency I can’t see an issue

If only people wouldn't be able to buy rubbles for real money on other sites... (Thats why i said it's same thing).

2 hours ago, Jerycho said:

but I think I heard or read somewhere

Question remains, where did you hear it? Cause i am kinda reading most informations about EFT. Didn't hear it even once. 
The only thing about "skiping quests" was that all current quests will be opcional, there will be somekind diffrent story there (or at least some of those quest will be opcional, not sure now, so i.e. no farming sniper lvl 12 to unlock more quests, no more search farm, health etc.)

So I would like to know if it was a false information

Well, most likely a fale information, i am not working for BSG, but i just didn't see such thing. If they actually would consider adding that, then we would have huge feedback from community that game would became a "Pay to win" since people can literally go to any auction site and buy in game currency there (Ofc it's banable, but i can see huge problems with proving anything to such persons).
And i didn't see such feedback on this forum so most likely it didn't happen, however i can be mistaken.

Actualy, I'm not a sniper guy

Well, it's a bit cheating but you can always get your friends, go to "empty" server, try to start raid at same time, and maybe you will land on same server. DIdn't do that, cause it's kinda cheating for me :D.
Gl!

PauleSchaule

Never heard of that you can pay to skip missions. Hm don’t like the idea as well.

Vodor
7 hours ago, Niewiarygodny said:

If only people wouldn't be able to buy rubbles for real money on other sites... (Thats why i said it's same thing).

Yes it is mostly the same thing however I guess that would be a choice. I’m all up for earning a few million to skip a task that I can’t do or don’t want to, it’s just “time” at the end of the day and I’m in no rush :)

Jerycho
On 8/13/2019 at 2:49 PM, Niewiarygodny said:

Question remains, where did you hear it?

Maybe Pestily or some other big Tarkov Streamer.

I realy don't remember.

And yes, i talk about in game money.

The fact that some grey market sell it for real money is an other problem, wich will always be present.

sleava
33 minutes ago, Jerycho said:

Some tasks can be completed just buy buying the required items in the market. Not really a problem with that.

An early skier quest requires two flash drives, which take forever to find. If you cant buy them, you have to put of skier quests for 1-3 weeks, depending on your luck.

Arzzet
9 hours ago, sleava said:

Some tasks can be completed just buy buying the required items in the market. Not really a problem with that.

An early skier quest requires two flash drives, which take forever to find. If you cant buy them, you have to put of skier quests for 1-3 weeks, depending on your luck.

Now is quite easier I think, it took me 1 session to find both, actually 3 raids and the 3rd I get 1 extra usb. Just check ALL the pc’s on interchange you will eventually find 1 or two. 

And responding to the OP.. I never heard that but personally I don’t like the idea at all.

Besides the RMTing issue that would increase for sure if this option is implemented. Why then put quests that “are a pain in the ass” and serves to slow the progression and unlocking stuff for ppl who is able to get lvl40 in 2days, if they can pay and get the progress even quicker with money? Real money no way and would be a big problem. Roubles? Ok a big problem too, no matter if pass the quest would be expensive, is soo easy to get rich in tarkov. A few good raids + the money for first easy quests grants you pass over a shitty quests you don’t like? So you can unlock M61 and start making free dollars? Start selling magcases and locked stuff to get richer and pass the other quests with money? No way. Find a red card on first week and sell it, grants you to accomplish all quests of sudden for money? No way.

It seems a solution for casuals but it will be worse for casuals even, the richest are always who have the advantage, so give them a tool to get richer and more advantage over playerbase faster because they can unlock stuff quicker overpassing quests. Absolutely not. 

I mean: no

cheers

Arzzet
10 hours ago, Jerycho said:

Maybe Pestily or some other big Tarkov Streamer.

I realy don't remember.

The fact that some grey market sell it for real money is an other problem, wich will always be present.

Ok now I recall, in last podcast they talked about the quests specifically that ones that you need to level health and soft skills. And they “vaguely” mentioned that you could pay therapist for a service that grants you a lvl+ in that skill, or maybe completing some quest from therapist you could have the choice to get the reward or lvl up that skill, but that all were vague talking, and only would affect the quests related to soft skills. In any case, i personally would not like that either.

Vodor
On 8/15/2019 at 4:14 AM, Arzzet said:

Ok now I recall, in last podcast they talked about the quests specifically that ones that you need to level health and soft skills. And they “vaguely” mentioned that you could pay therapist for a service that grants you a lvl+ in that skill, or maybe completing some quest from therapist you could have the choice to get the reward or lvl up that skill, but that all were vague talking, and only would affect the quests related to soft skills. In any case, i personally would not like that either.

That makes sense, but actually what needs to be done is to balance it so that skill actually progresses at a respectable rate.

It used to fly up, now it’s slower than a snail. Somewhere in between could work.