onelifesoliveit

BattlEye with RESHADE[Can we still use it???]

N1trix
50 minutes ago, RAC-W said:

People love to say a lot of things about ReShade, how unfair it is, but I have YET to see any examples of this unfair usage. I've been using ReShade for years across countless games, both MP and SP, and never felt like that I had gotten an unfair advantage in any way. Most of the times I actually use so many visual effects with all the lens flare and screen dirt that I end up have a disadvantage to vanilla players.

I also often times compared hundreds of different setting in various presets to the vanilla game and could never make out any difference in seeing something that I couldn't see without ReShade. I think the whole hate against it is just a bunch of hearsay BS.

Gives you edge af in tarkov. You can see clearly people at night when they have no idea where you are.

RACWAR
20 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

Skärmavbild 2019-08-15 kl. 13.55.55.png

Skärmavbild 2019-08-15 kl. 13.56.26.png

Why is there no version number in the first picture?

Raingod_ttv
1 hour ago, RAC-W said:

People love to say a lot of things about ReShade, how unfair it is, but I have YET to see any examples of this unfair usage. I've been using ReShade for years across countless games, both MP and SP, and never felt like that I had gotten an unfair advantage in any way. Most of the times I actually use so many visual effects with all the lens flare and screen dirt that I end up have a disadvantage to vanilla players.

I also often times compared hundreds of different setting in various presets to the vanilla game and could never make out any difference in seeing something that I couldn't see without ReShade. I think the whole hate against it is just a bunch of hearsay BS.

Yeah,  as long as you didn't recode it for actually hacking!   That is the issue,

tobiassolem
48 minutes ago, RAC-W said:

It's cropped from a YouTube video. The version is 11.7

RACWAR
2 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

It's cropped from a YouTube video. The version is 11.7

Do you have a link to the video? Thanks.

Killshaw
4 hours ago, RAC-W said:

It is from a youtube video where he used a contrast edit in the actual video then in game. the second screen shot is what his game actually looked like

Peek-A-Boo

well after installing the last update  game worked,then i saw there is a new update for reshade so i did update it too after closing the game and now eft dont wanna start haha i hate reshade but i had to use!

tobiassolem
17 minutes ago, Killshaw said:

he used a contrast edit

Which is exactly what you can do with ReShade.

laurencebanks

all the proof you need to show that people who use reshade have a unfair advantage against those that dont

and here is one with the night vission option visable

this is why reshade should be banned

Serialplayer

you can have the same result with geforce experience .... 

ShiroTenshi

And let's not forget about the Reshade Zoom Shader / Fisheye Horizontal, which was kind of a big deal in PUBG and Squad iirc, and when we tested it in EFT it gave players an unfair advantage as they could effectively have a magnification option on a PK-06 or iron sights if they wanted to.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Skemba

Personally, I think Reshade should be put on the black list, as it's more than evident that it can be manipulated to gain an unfair advantage in EFT.

• Upvote 3

glitchModule
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, laurencebanks said:

this is why reshade should be banned

"Needless lighting effects and shadows"

...Needless?

Yeah, because it's not supposed to be super dark inside a windowless mall with almost no power or light sources...

Seriously? I've been peeved that they even allowed ReShade in the first place.

If you're colorblind, maybe some color filters are in order, but honestly screwing with the lighting and contrast is cheating, plain and simple.

BSG should code a colorblind visual option, which is strictly a color filter, for accessibility's sake, but otherwise I'd love to see a hard stance against this garbage.

And you can claim turning up your gamma does similar things, but that's blatantly false, because for every silhouette you pick up in the dark, you lose definition in the light, and wash out all subtlety in the color space, essentially cutting off the nose to spite the face.

Please, BSG, for the sake of all of your hard work designing levels to be gritty and foreboding...take a hard stance against this garbage.

Tarkov is meant to be a bleak wasteland. Get your technicolor crap out of here. Go play fortnite if you want obnoxious colors.

Edit: dear god, I watched the first half of the second video and almost had an aneurism...the dude takes three solid minutes scrolling around the install utility, and is using low quality shadows...not to mention that he uses the phrase "if they made a game that was appealing already, we wouldn't have to resort to using this technology"...maybe if you didn't set shadows to potato, you'd be able to appreciate the subtlety of the environment, instead of being all "remove the shadows!" Again, if you don't find the dark atmosphere "appealing" then why are you playing Tarkov?

Edited by glitchModule
Salt
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

tobiassolem

The only way I would see a place for ReShade or similar software is if EFT started using true black (#000000) darkness in EFT. So that neither ReShade, Nvidia-control-panel or similar software were able to brighten the in-game pitch-black areas.

• Upvote 3

glitchModule
22 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

The only way I would see a place for ReShade or similar software is if EFT started using true black (#000000) darkness in EFT. So that neither ReShade, Nvidia-control-panel or similar software were able to brighten the in-game pitch-black areas.

This.

Paint it black.

Anything that affects shadows affords an unfair advantage, plain and simple.

Everyone that's complaining that they "can't see s**t cap'n" are missing that maybe you're not supposed to be able to see anything where you're standing. The darkness is the atmosphere, learn to embrace it. 9 times out of 10 if you can't see, I can't either. That's the point. If I'm creeping around the basement of interchange, I can barely see five feet in front of me. That's because I'm in an unlit flipping garage and shouldn't be able to see regardless. Make it so people actually have to use flashlights.

Schaefer

After seing these two vids i am more or less certain that the devs will ban this tool.

They can add a colorblind mode.

I dont get why some people say " but you can do the same with nvidea dingsbums" or monitor settings.

Devs cant ban a specific hardware (or can they??)

Dont know what to do with gpu tools?! Maybe the BSG team can contact the devs ?!

Phoenixsui

There might be a reason to have dark corners in this game. Maybe we shouldnt see everything until we get closer. But people who want unfair advantage because they cant handle get killed out of the dark since they cant outplay it will use this kind of help. It is not considered a cheat but it gives still unfair advantage. But they wont see it as such and will tell us it is only for colors. yeah of course haha.

I am completely against such tools. If the devs want this color options they will add it in the game.

• Hot 1
  • Upvote 2

pseudoMessias

hey guys, there are unfair things like crosshairs etc. to do with reshade... youre rigth but, this game is so blurry and lack of colors it needs a huge overhaul. till then i would enjoy the clarity and color tweaks. a tarkov version with restricted shaders would be nice. nobody likes the blurry anyway.

prt1zn
Posted (edited)
16 часов назад, ShiroTenshi сказал:

And let's not forget about the Reshade Zoom Shader / Fisheye Horizontal, which was kind of a big deal in PUBG and Squad iirc, and when we tested it in EFT it gave players an unfair advantage as they could effectively have a magnification option on a PK-06 or iron sights if they wanted to.

So maybe you will make firts normal contrast, sharpeness and colour balance in your game?! And we will don't need a Reshade, I just can't understand, how you been tested picture what gives your game, but it's realy horrible.

Скрытый текст

649036280_2018-03-0312-09_-478.5-11.4-193.2_0.1-0_40_00.9(0).thumb.png.18120737cc51336395a5f6abae0642a3.png1596145477_15.thumb.png.030ed9e385fe524ed1c6057abe455dd9.png

Edited by prt1zn

ShiroTenshi
1 hour ago, prt1zn said:

So maybe you will make firts normal contrast, sharpeness and colour balance in your game?! And we will don't need a Reshade, I just can't understand, how you been tested picture what gives your game, but it's realy horrible.

Well, have you thought that maybe that is how the DEVs wanted the world to look like? That they crafted it this way as part of the overall bleak atmosphere and setting of the game?

I understand you might not like it, or that you might enjoy a more colorful experience. However this in no way means that the DEVs need to give you an option for it, or enable you to use a program to do it for them. It is entirely up to them how they craft the world and what programs they allow you to use that might affect the game in any way. They might consider adding a way to do it in game, but if they do or not is entirely up to them.

Bottom line is, Reshade can be used for nefarious reasons regardless of any other benefits it may or may not have on players enjoyment of the game. Getting rid of these means of gaining unfair advantages takes priority.

But honestly we all just need to be a little patient and wait for an official statement on this.

• Like 1

Wispeks

well current statement seems to be reshade is okay to be used  tough obviously question is for how long. I am using reshade tough on some open areas colorfulness is actually more of a handicap than a edge.  i think most of the peoples are actually using reshade but yeah  everyone has different settings and different modifications on it. I do agree with many peoples that basic tarkov is too bland color scheme is meh  after using  reshade the basic tarkov colors are so dead i would straight away stop using reshade if tarkov would actually get more color.

Smienov

Reshade should be banned due to some of the filters accessible for it.

Use Nvidia Shadowplay's filters if you want the game to look more vibrant. Same effect as Reshade but without the advantage.