TheWay

Quick status update on 0.12 #3

Wazro
16 hours ago, dadekds said:

Basicly Tarkov needs "leagues" system jsut liek path of exile has bcs even when games full launches it will lose most of players after some time bcs every one will have max lvl full gears full money like now.
So do simple Time to play server make one standart no wipe server and one with wipes every 3 months for example or so.
People will come back for such events if you would try to add new content every season like Path of Exile does you would have constantly full player base otherwise peoplewill leave sooner or later just like it is right now get everything maxed everything and basicly stopped playing xDD.
What you think about that guys?

So much want. I only play POE/D3 seasons as the main game is just grinding for 0.00001% gear increase and I love the fact that Tarkov wipes every patch, it's probably the only reason I still play it tbh.

• Upvote 1

DarkSerris
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, dadekds said:

Basicly Tarkov needs "leagues" system jsut liek path of exile has bcs even when games full launches it will lose most of players after some time bcs every one will have max lvl full gears full money like now.
So do simple Time to play server make one standart no wipe server and one with wipes every 3 months for example or so.
People will come back for such events if you would try to add new content every season like Path of Exile does you would have constantly full player base otherwise peoplewill leave sooner or later just like it is right now get everything maxed everything and basicly stopped playing xDD.
What you think about that guys?

While I do agree that the game needs some tweakings in terms of pacing, I don't think leagues or seasons is the way to go.

My reason for saying that is simple : quests.

I am pretty tired of doing the same search for salewas, delivery from the past, USB treasure search etc etc.
These quest are pretty good, as long as you don't have to do them 10 times, and they are the reason why I only play only 1 major update every 2 or 3.

Maybe it could work if the quests were made to last longer (either by making them more grindy, or adding a lot more) but those  "seasons" need to only come once a year and not every 3 months.

Personnal opinion obviously, wouldn't be surprised to be in the minority here

Edited by DarkSerris

Hannarr
1 hour ago, DarkSerris said:

I am pretty tired of doing the same search for salewas, delivery from the past, USB treasure search etc etc.
These quest are pretty good, as long as you don't have to do them 10 times, and they are the reason why I only play only 1 major update every 2 or 3.

Yeah, i usually skip every second wipe. that way quests aren't so fresh in my memory and i can get over the devastating loss of lootz and skills.

MrXT

When will the wipes end? is there a road map for that? i dont want to start playing again until thats over the constant wipes are going to make me broed of the game before its actually officially released as every bit of progress is constantly deleted.

wfl
1 hour ago, MrXT said:

When will the wipes end? is there a road map for that? i dont want to start playing again until thats over the constant wipes are going to make me broed of the game before its actually officially released as every bit of progress is constantly deleted.

Just wait for one or two years

Mostly_Harmless

I am a fan of wiping every major update / every few months but I understand that's not for everyone. For me, Tarkov loses the "Survival" feel after a few months when you've 100 Million in the bank and the whole population of Tarkov are running around in Fast MT's and Fort. 

Just a few thoughts below on how I'd hope the end goal for the game (i.e Actually escaping from Tarkov) can act as a sort of middle ground.:

By completing this end game task you would essentially be performing a voluntary wipe of your account but it would come with some sort of minor benefit upon restarting. Some examples of this might be something like a New Game+ (additional info to the main story can be found in game, maybe an additional story quest in New Game+ etc.)., a couple of trinkets for your hideout, some cosmetic change to you name tag (thinking something like the old COD prestige tags) or some indication you've done previous "Tours" of Tarkov.

Maybe "Tours of Tarkov" could be the name for seasons? 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

DarkSerris
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Mostly_Harmless said:

I am a fan of wiping every major update / every few months but I understand that's not for everyone. For me, Tarkov loses the "Survival" feel after a few months when you've 100 Million in the bank and the whole population of Tarkov are running around in Fast MT's and Fort. 

Just a few thoughts below on how I'd hope the end goal for the game (i.e Actually escaping from Tarkov) can act as a sort of middle ground.:

By completing this end game task you would essentially be performing a voluntary wipe of your account but it would come with some sort of minor benefit upon restarting. Some examples of this might be something like a New Game+ (additional info to the main story can be found in game, maybe an additional story quest in New Game+ etc.)., a couple of trinkets for your hideout, some cosmetic change to you name tag (thinking something like the old COD prestige tags) or some indication you've done previous "Tours" of Tarkov.

Maybe "Tours of Tarkov" could be the name for seasons? 😉

Yeah, we need an endgame.
Maybe some hard to reach goals like "reach level 60/70/80 etc" with a reward for doing so), would be nice to have some daily/weekly/monthly challenges so people stuck on a quest or not having any more can have something to do.
To alleviate for the endgame gear, those challenges could be things like "kill x PMC with a TOZ/Vepr206/saiga" or "while wearing a PACA armor" or "with a mounted .50 LMG"

The reward would have to be something compelling though, but I don't know how. Money is worthless when you have millions, so maybe something like a tradeable item, let's say along the line of "token of Bravery" or something, that you can then trade 10 of for a unique item at a trader. Maybe some clothing ? Or a rare melee weapon ? A Gamma case for 100 of these ?
Simply throwing wild ideas

Edited by DarkSerris
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

dadekds

Yeah Tarkov desperatly needs end game and full rework of armor and health bcs it's just dumb after 2+ weeks after wipe pistols, LMG such as mp5 are basicly useless.
I Still think Something similiar to POE Season will work just great for Tarkov an no a year seasons is much to long look at things now how long is it since last wipe? 4 months i think and most of people are already bored.

Making quests are not sooooo hard so basicly devs could make whole new set of quests every season or twist in some other ways but if it stays like what it is now most people will abandone game after 2-3 months and there will be only leftovers. 
I don't know any person whom i play with that plays for longer period of time bcs it's boring to play every single raid vs totally full gears and pointless to play anything else bcs every one is full gear.

ALSO GREAT THING would be making maximum cash load out to bring for certain maps for example customs could only be raided with no more than lets say 100k rubles in gear it would make people who play this map trying different aproches than full gear rush plus making game much more fun to be able go for ride were people has semi gear like you do.

But most important we need status update with estaminated date to plan things.

Maybe if enough of us post it they will give us some usefull informations.
Every one who wants devs to give us at least some how estaminated date post: "Give us estaminated date"

• Sad 1

niko7080

There's too much missing content to ask for endgame. With the hideout upgrades, the new trader quests, and the story quests missing, we don't even know how much content there is in the game. Let's not forget about the arena mode too. Let's wait before talking about endgame

• Like 1

dadekds

Yes Still if Devs wans to keep player base on proper level they should give us something to keep us busy and for now period between wipes and new content are much to long ;)

Czecher
Posted (edited)

Let's wait before talking about endgame.....Well some of us  waited for too long already...and still its a very long way to go,few years at least by the development speed so far.. Ofcourse  ppl want to wait till its all done properly, but will they have the resources without new players ??? With Battleye cheaters might stop the money flow...

Edited by Czecher

dadekds

TBH how much i hate epic games store i think it would be pretty good idea to pair with them they will get huge amount of income money for faster developing and huge amount of new players.

• Sad 3

DarkSerris
On 8/23/2019 at 7:24 PM, niko7080 said:

There's too much missing content to ask for endgame. With the hideout upgrades, the new trader quests, and the story quests missing, we don't even know how much content there is in the game. Let's not forget about the arena mode too. Let's wait before talking about endgame

Indeed, endgame should be implemented as the very last feature, I wasn't asking for it to come soon.
Same goes for the weapon balance, no real need to start and try balancing the ammo when we don't have the full spectrum of gun/armors.
However it is never a bad thing to plan ahead.

But anyway, we got off topic, as this one is related to 0.12.

dadekds
Posted (edited)

yes and i think 90+% of people would love to:
A: finally got any info about the date
B: if they really balance smaller weapons so they would be viable, right now pistols, mp5, kedr etc are totally useless.
It's pretty simple btw make helmets permament penetration chance like t1 helmets 50% and altyn 20% meaning no matter what weapon or ammo you use you can still kill with headshot and do not touch armors so they do what they do right now and smaller weapons will be viable and speaking of reality i do not know any helmet that stop bullets from MP5 except maybe altyn but also there is high penetrating ammunition for MP5 as well as for Glock or other weapons.

Edited by dadekds

MichiWege

yes a release date must be going out....really NO other game is spoilering so much infos for the next update and it takes soooooo long, this is poo!!!! Guys there is actually no open Beta status, whats this?Since Dec 2016 there are no really progress, so the final game V1 will be out at 2025, and then i am going to uninstall this uncomplete game!!

• Upvote 1

dadekds

Well the sad thing is you are not the only one thinking the same i'm pretty sure at least 60% of community thinks the same way Devs just don't care about us players at all. and they can not even give us estaminated date of patch so i have to check every single day if there is an info and if i miss the info and wipe time means the best time in tarkov fresh wipe when every one is using pistols and smg's are gone for ned few months.

SageKing

Those ideas sound terrible. You're trying to tell me, that if someone grinds their way up and earns their money/gear, that they can load up with their expensive stuff and have a chance of getting one tapped by a no-gear pistol? That sounds terrible. I mean, you still can if you don't have a face shield. But I like the fact that they are keeping us updated, they  have been listening to us and implementing many ideas. They are busting their humps to get this stuff out also working weekends. Why don't we show some appreciation?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

dadekds

Oh really?
Name the ideas that comes to a game via community?
I'm playing since 0.7 and mostly they done is make game muuuuuuuuch less playable than it was befor.
You had pretty much paca and fort armour back there and paca was doing great giving some protection not to much not to small.
Same goes for fort armour and helmets.
And right now? pretty much all except gen4+ is doing almost nothing getting one tapped to the chest.
They couldn't fix damn pistol glich same goes for weapon reload glitch that is still in the game.
They basicly treats us like air bcs they said its "closed beta" that doesn't mean we do not deserve status updates on project that we payed basicly full price some even more.
And yeah i would love to see helmet changes at least that i mentioned so i can play much larger variaty of guns and not only m4/ak basicly only 7.62/rsass/m1/hk/val and fal when there are so many good weapons all smg's all pistols shotguns oh dont forget either you rush quests like no life and get best ammo pretty fast or you are doomed to be oneshooted while you have to empty 2-3 mags into a guy to kill him yeah that's called balance.
we were asking for damn anti cheat for 3 years already and now finally they give us anti cheat wow and when we posted videos of propably cheaters or even obvious cheaters they just deleted our posts you know why?
i'll tell you bcs cheaters are huge problem in tarkov nowadays and no one will buy the game if they see a lot of posts on forum about cheaters.
So tell me what is the things we asked for and they implemented bcs i don't recall single one.

• Sad 1

Ligh7ningNova

Don't feed the trolls and keep this crap out of this topic. Take it somewhere else where this child can antagonize any of you that wish to "debate" whatever your hearts desire. Bloody annoying, grow up and read the rules and stop bothering the rest of us with the whining. 

Keep up the amazing work Battlestate, its tough with so few and better rewarding when you make the big jumps and leaps in progress. You've got us all hyped and awaiting the drop. Thanks for the commitment you've put in and more so the tolerance and patience with us, your followers.

• Like 1

DarkSerris

Yeah, so far I have a lot of respect for BSG.

They are working really hard to make their baby come to life.
It can't please everyone, and it is not really sound to judge a product that isn't finished yet.

There's plenty of videos of guys doing really great with smg (namely the mp5/MPX) so I'd say these are viable, given their price.

If you know what you're doing, these weapon are very much lethal, as long as you remember the very first rule of Tarkov : never play it in a fair 1 on 1, always try and get the drop on someone. Flee if need be (let's call it "tactical relocation").

Anyway, back to the subject at hand, I'm really excited about the first iteration of the hideout, feels like it will bring a lot of incentive about actually building something out of your hard work, instead of simply amassing a bunch of treasures in a stash (not that I complain about that, but variety is always a plus).

Sure, there's things to improve, but Rome wasn't built in a day. If you don't like the current state of the game, simply play something else, and come back in 2 or 3 updates. Make constructive criticism instead of a rant, and in a respectful manner, and you'll see you might find an ear to listen to you, instead of being dismissed based on a perceived agressive behavior.

• Like 2

killmeplzz

some great discussion in this thread and this community in general. 

honestly for a game in alpha, its AMAZING how playable everything is, how few bugs ive found since buying this game about 2 weeks ago, and how much attention to detail there is for weapons, mods, etc. 

my only feedback after reading some of your points is that since its alpha, it makes sense that we keep replaying missions - we might be testing things that we don't know the dev want to monitor for tweaks/bugs. in regards to wipes - i really, really hope FULL wipes are always in tarkov. it would be ideal if quests CHANGED every wipe, but the quest results for the player are similar or something. maybe when it's launched, they will be able to do that. i love that the missions are not easy. require research and sometimes a lot of planning. and best of all, sometimes you HAVE to dig into this community and find a few folks to watch your back and help you out. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Mostly_Harmless

Is post patch 0.12 release the time to really push the marketing for EFT?

I introduced a friend to EFT today. Blew his mind! He was getting excited for COD MW in a few months but cancelled his preorder after seeing EFT. (He tried Arma and a few other realistic military shooters but they're tough to get into solo, and that's how he likes to play, so EFT fit perfectly)

He never heard of EFT at all (he would be someone who generally keeps an eye out for new tactical shooters) and got me thinking about when the right time to pull the marketing trigger is for EFT. There will be a serious amount of content after 0.12 and with hideout etc. I think it's time to be calling up PCGamer et al and really pushing the early access build. As noted, it's already a really polished experience with a pipeline of features on the way.

Maybe too early to start introducing into other stores yet (GOG, steam etc.) but a good time to max out early adopters and get that direct revenue into BSG via their store.

What do people think? Maybe it's too early but anyone I know who's into tactical shooters and is introduced to EFT is sold straight away.

• Like 1

Kanouna

0.12 patch = wipe?

Mostly_Harmless
6 minutes ago, Kanouna said:

0.12 patch = wipe?

Yes