Fseronni

Tactical stances, moves.

Fseronni

My suggestion is that It could have more sophisticated combat stances like in arma 3.

a3_stance_adjust.thumb.jpg.094cb803e70f4

I recon the game will be more frenetic combat, run and gun.
Or it will be a possibility to avoid combat, or go stealth in case you are playing lone wolf?

In case of  low profile tactical, should have the opportunity  to open windows and get in or out in silence to avoid detection of enemy groups,

article-2547308-1B06402700000578-47_634x

Or the possibility to run and jump through the glass in case you need to retreat  quickly.

35a8c1a2c066ca0012d329cba8e9c971.jpg.7bb

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Sushi

IMO it works better if it's contextual? Like you'll crouch more to go through a low window? How Battlefield 4 works with aiming and cover? (Iron sight, and you'll stand enough to aim.) Though having several combinations of buttons can work (like a "low crouch" button for hiding behind cover.)

I think given the map size in the game you're probably going to fight pretty often, though there's suppressors in the promotional art and they did say you can open doors quietly instead of kicking them and such. Scavs are attracted to sounds you create, so fighting too much does cause problems in the long run. However, devs also said that the campaign can't be completed in a lone-wolf manner and cooperation of some kind is highly encouraged.

Starlight

Also wholeheartedly support the ArmA-style incremental postures. Admittedly, there is probably zero call for the sitting (high prone) and sidestep stances (left/right adjusted crouch/stand), but otherwise it's an incredibly useful feature to minimize exposure.

Another critically important part of this is providing analog lean, and if possible, analog stance raising/lowering. Being able to incrementally pie terrain past cover is incredibly useful, especially for peeking without exposing half of your body at a time.

ObsidianCry
On 26/1/2016 at 10:06 PM, Fseronni said:

My suggestion is that It could have more sophisticated combat stances like in arma 3.

a3_stance_adjust.thumb.jpg.094cb803e70f4

+1 for sure, this system with "ctrl" is the more usefull and complete ever and in all contest (Cqb and open field), with the comand ctrl+D and E you can manage perfectly the lateral exposition... I suggest to implement the walking fire option when you want stability in movement aiming and you don't need to rush

• Upvote 1

skittles

In the alpha test will need to understand it or not. I think that developers and so well done animation and I think the "ctrl" involved in the game.

Wickdsickk

I loved the stances in ARMA, but the one ability i loved the most was being able to roll while i was on the ground instead of slowcrawl if i had to roll out of a bush or from behind cover to shoot, would love that in Tarkov

Edited by Wickdsickk

Fezyx

im quite fine with ctrl+wheel up/down .....

Wickdsickk
51 minutes ago, Fezyx said:

im quite fine with ctrl+wheel up/down .....

what da hell does ctrl+scoll do?

NoDG
15 minutes ago, Wickdsickk said:

what da hell does ctrl+scoll do?

changes your standing height like the pic in OP. 

• Upvote 1

vekongmaster

Dear BSG Devs,

Sorry for posting in this old thread :( I was going to start another thread about Stances & Movement but since we already have one so I decided to post here to avoid double thread. 

I totally agree with this thread author that EFT could have more sophisticated combat stances & movements like in ARMA3.

Imho, these are crucial stances and movements that obviously need to be added to EFT:

Dynamic Stances 

giphy.gif

Additional Stances while being Prone

giphy.gif

Rolling while being prone

giphy.gif

Slow Walking, Fast Walking, & Sprinting while Crouching 

giphy.gif

Slow Crawling, Medium Fast Crawling, & Fast Crawling while being Prone

giphy.gif

Raise and Lower your primary weapon in order to avoid friendly fire

giphy.gif

Thanks in advance,

-Vekongmaster-

• Like 1

LoganOfIreland

I noticed in Vekong's post at the very end there's some stuff to do with moving the gun up and down and I "second" it as something that is potentially useful. Whenever I'm doing movement and shooting drills IRL I prefer holding the gun at "high ready" or with the stock trapped under my armpit with the muzzle pointing in the air rather than running with the muzzle towards the ground. That way you just let the gun fall onto target if you need to get some shots in. It also helps going around corners and getting sight acquisition faster. (it''s also a good way to avoid muzzling buddies) I'm not sure how useful it could be as a mechanic (in the situation of being shot at while running or peeking a corner) but since this thread is on movement I figured i'd slap it on here and see what anyone thinks of it. 

This was the best image I could find of it.  

Screen-Shot-2017-02-13-at-10.34.43.png

• Like 1

vekongmaster

Dear @LoganOfIreland,

Exactly what I thought, mate! :D totally agree with you! It's called "Tactical Position Ready". We got 2 positions which are:

1) "High Ready" ---> Raise your muzzle

2) "Low Ready" ----> Lower your muzzle

?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter 

Why is this Tactical Position Ready so important to be added to EFT?? Because:

1) You don't wanna point your guns at your friendlies. When your friends are in front of you or when they are in your line of firing, you should move your muzzle away from them to prevent friendly fire. Plus the fact that this game has no Gun Safety (I've been asking for Gun Safe mode in this thread, please check that out), friendly fire easily happens especially in CQB clusterf*ck situation. Sometimes players accidentally press their triggers and shoot their teammates in front of them. Here's a good video to demonstrate it.

2) Sometimes in tight and small places, you need to hide your muzzle or barrel so it won't go sticking out of a door or a window. This weapon concealment is very crucial in CQB. When a shooter expose his gun muzzle or his barrel while he's stealthily peeking a corner or a door, the enemy will notice his presence and he will get busted big time. Here's a very good video to demonstrate it.

I hope BSG Devs will take note of this suggestion.

Thanks in advance,

-Vekongmaster-

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

LoganOfIreland

Amazing suggestions on this and the other thread, I hope they will implement some more complex weapon manipulation options eventually. I hate jams but having the added difficulty of clearing them might be interesting on top of the preexisting tension of Tarkov's firefights. 

vekongmaster
26 minutes ago, LoganOfIreland said:

Amazing suggestions on this and the other thread, I hope they will implement some more complex weapon manipulation options eventually. I hate jams but having the added difficulty of clearing them might be interesting on top of the preexisting tension of Tarkov's firefights. 

Dear @LoganOfIreland,

Thanks, mate. I do really hope they will implement some more complex weapon manipulation options eventually. It's gonna be so challenging! i may sound too obsessed with realism but that's just the way I am :D Being an Arma player has got me used to the complex gameplay and maximum realism. The more realistic the game is, the more satisfied I feel ;) 

Cheers!

Schaefer

I really hope they implent stuff like this!

The game "ground branch" allows your weapon to be in low ,high or at the ready and i love it.

For arma3 we use a mod that allows you a high ready.