Jump to content
feltar986

Game KEEPS CRASHING MY PC HELP!

Recommended Posts

feltar986

So a few days ago I decided to boot up Tarkov again and play since its been a while since I last played. And low and behold I open the launcher and update it, clicked launch I see the first loading screen for about a solid second and then my whole screen goes black, pc "shuts off" im not sure even what state it is in when it happens. Like all of the rgb lights on my motherboard shut off, my fans arent spinning and it sounds like its off but the power button still is lit. So far only way Im able to fix it is to hard reset my pc by unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, pushing the power/reset buttons dont do anything in that state.

Now, here is some of the things ive tried to do to fix it so I can play tarkov..... maybe.

-Updated everything.....Windows,GPU/Nvidia,Bios, and Used SnailDriver for small things that needed it like Audio drivers and whatnot

- Simply Reinstalling the game both onto the same and different drives

-Messing with OC settings within the bios tried setting everything to its "optimized" defaults, and OCed settings

- Monitored my temps when attempting to boot and nothing even remotely reached their under load temp

- Tried checking the integrity of the game files in the launcher

-Deleting temporary files before lauching 

-Ive tried closing unnecessary programs that could possibly interfere with tarkov launching, only thing that was running or in the system tray that wasnt tarkov was Windows Sounds, Nvidia Settings, and Windows Defender

- Also tried disabling windows defender which also didnt do anything

The past few days ive been doing some research to see if anyone else is having this problem, there are some people that have a system that is just really cutting the wire close specs wise which isnt the case for me, also not having enough RAM which is the same story, some of them lauching the tarkov.exe with fullscreen optimizations and running as admin enabled. Both enabled and disabled didnt do anything. Im not sure what else to do, my ram I have wont OC to its respective kit (3200) ive tried ducking with the timings manually and using the corresponding profile both dont work and it seems to be kinda stuck at 2066mhz. As far as info I can give you in not sure what "logs" to even look for I got a snip of the tarkov one that probably doesnt help at all, but if you could explain to me what you need and how to get it im all ears. as for my specs...

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x @3.6ghz

Corsair H100iV2/ Pump @ 1800rpm

Gigabyte Gtx 1080ti @ 1500mhz ish with a custom fan curve

32GB G.Skill F4-3200C16-16GVR @ 2066mhz

Gigabyte x370 Gaming K7 Motherboard

EVGA Supernova  80+ Bronze 750W PSU

1TB 7200rpm HDD 

250GB SDD 

Windows 10 Home Version 1809 Build 17763.678

Now this problem only happens when I launch tarkov, every other game ive played is fine like R6, CSGO, Overwatch, PUBG, Dying Light, LoL I even used a benchmark to see if maybe my system was just not stable and it ran fine.

 

 

 

 

Tarkov Log.JPG

Edited by feltar986
adding things ive done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
feltar986

EDIT: After searching the Technical forums for pc crashing related scenarios, I went and replicated all the suggested fixes. turned out windows is ducking terrible at updating poo on its own. I followed the link below and updated Visual C++ with all 3 links and tarkov now works.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Edited by feltar986
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PauleSchaule

Great! Should be pinned or something for other people having with same issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MAD_SNOOGANZ

thank you, ill try this. i just started having this issue. ive had tarkov for a year and no issues what so ever. and now all of a sudden when i start it up i see the first loading screen. and the screen just goes black and says i have no display but the pc is still running. othertimes it does start upafter i reinstall nvidia drivers and check integrity of the game. can only get my display back by holding the power button. and the pc seems to boot slower afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
batbudge

Bumping in case anyone finds a solution.. 

I was getting the same kind of crashes shortly after launch (id get about as far as the inventory screen) I installed those C++ upgrades and that seemed to delay the crash until I attempted to get it raid :( Hope its not a hardware issue. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShOOT2KILLX_X

Anyone find a solution still having problems game crashes my pc every driver is updated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
highspeedfps

I have a Radeon x580 card and the game crashes within 30 seconds of joining a raid and is consistently doing so. I have all my drivers updated and windows is updated. I noticed that the Radeon software utility has updated and wondering if that might be the problem, but I don't want to revert my driver / software to older versions and miss out on the overall driver optimization... Suggestions? Can anyone else confirm that the software might be interfering with the game or BattleEye?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeltaZulu

I'm having the same type of crash. Except every time it's happened has been exactly the moment another player shoots me.

I'm level 3 and the only raids I've finished are the one's where I haven't encountered players.

The crash is sometimes so severe I have to reset my bios to get my computer to boot back up.

As the others, I'm on a ryzen machine with an rx580. The game runs well otherwise and I have no performance issues.

This is a fresh install of windows 10 and I have all the noted c++ libraries. I have updated all bios and drivers (and also tried older graphics drivers).

 

I haven't looked yet but I'll see if I can find a crash dump. Does tarkov create it's own crash reports somewhere?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SmokedCheddar

Played raids earlier today but now it seems to crash with every raid I try to enter. My computer doesn't fully crash but it seems like my explorer resets everytime the game crashes. I have a extra monitor and have been looking at the resources being used, at the moment the RAM goes to above 9 GB and than after that the game crashes... SO maybe memory leaks somehow for no reason... anyone else getting the same thing?Tarkov.png.67d92247f168af521b7ab9b942f3b125.png

My setup

Windows 10

i5 6700k

GTX 1050Ti

16GB G.Skill Jawz Ram

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LaxeGotAxe

I have noticed that if i launch Adobe Photoshop CC

Tarkov will not only crash itself but it bricks my GPU driver that restarts and multiple other applications will error out.

It never happens with any other games or programs in background. only with tarkov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stubbsy
On 1/31/2020 at 5:39 AM, LaxeGotAxe said:

I have noticed that if i launch Adobe Photoshop CC

Tarkov will not only crash itself but it bricks my GPU driver that restarts and multiple other applications will error out.

It never happens with any other games or programs in background. only with tarkov

Ever find a fix to this? Don't have the same problem correlated to Photoshop but the game randomly bricks my GPU Drive and requires a force shutdown (holding the power button). Can't replicate this with any other game or benchmark/stress test thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr_Jellyfish
On 12/30/2019 at 11:40 AM, ShOOT2KILLX_X said:

Anyone find a solution still having problems game crashes my pc every driver is updated 

Have you heard or found a solution to this as I've had the same issue, PC will crash randomly could play 9 raids and perfect and then crash halfway through it. I've uninstalled all drivers and reinstalled them all. My friends are not having this problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aazatgrabya

Do check your PC tower air flow.  This seems to be a consideration people tend to forget.  Are your chassis fans working?  Are they the right way around (at least one sucking into the tower one blowing out)?  Is there space around the tower to allow fresh air in and hot air to escape (and not being sucked back in)?  Is the CPU fan working as intended?  You can head into BIOS (and some dedicated motherboard Windows apps) to check your temperatures.  Overheating can cause all sorts of complications that seem on the surface to be software related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ApricotScroll

I am having the same issue.

I am literally about to upgrade due to these crashes.  but that might not even suffice.

The game seems to run fine however once i am in a raid my entire PC crashes. 

Can we not somehow get the developers to assist us with this issue???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Almaalma

Well hello fellow tarkov dev that will read this post.
I want you thank you in the first time for fixing the stuttering that plagued this game since I don't know how. How many time did I lost firefights because the moment me and another player see each other, the game freezes for a solid 2 seconds before going back to normal? I've lost count.

But since you are oh-so-gifted using unity, you managed to make the memory leak of this game go out the ducking chart since the new wipe update.
Before that, I had stutter but my game never crashed on me. And I mean, never.
Now, when I play big maps like Reserve or Snoreline, or Interchang, I get random crashes either when I load the map or during raid. My error logs give me a "Virtualalloc remaping failed" wich should mean that I don't have enough free ram.
But here's the twist, not only do I have 16gb of physical ram, I also have 16 more gigs of virtual ducking ram. What ducking gives?
It also seems that us AMD users are more prone to crashes than Intel users, from what I read.
So, how did you duck this up, I wonder. Because again, never had these crashes before wipe update, so what did you do wrong this time? A ducking mystery.

Anyway, here are my specs, go figure out a fix while I compile a video of all the hackers I have encountered when this game ran like it should have.
And don't give me a "this is a work in progress blablabla" sloppy second excuse, I still paid for that game, and you owe me a working ducking game.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x, 3.70Ghz
Gpu: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070
Ram:  16gb, 2633mhz
System: Windows 10 pro
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Almaalma
13 hours ago, Almaalma said:

Well hello fellow tarkov dev that will read this post.
I want you thank you in the first time for fixing the stuttering that plagued this game since I don't know how. How many time did I lost firefights because the moment me and another player see each other, the game freezes for a solid 2 seconds before going back to normal? I've lost count.

But since you are oh-so-gifted using unity, you managed to make the memory leak of this game go out the ducking chart since the new wipe update.
Before that, I had stutter but my game never crashed on me. And I mean, never.
Now, when I play big maps like Reserve or Snoreline, or Interchang, I get random crashes either when I load the map or during raid. My error logs give me a "Virtualalloc remaping failed" wich should mean that I don't have enough free ram.
But here's the twist, not only do I have 16gb of physical ram, I also have 16 more gigs of virtual ducking ram. What ducking gives?
It also seems that us AMD users are more prone to crashes than Intel users, from what I read.
So, how did you duck this up, I wonder. Because again, never had these crashes before wipe update, so what did you do wrong this time? A ducking mystery.

Anyway, here are my specs, go figure out a fix while I compile a video of all the hackers I have encountered when this game ran like it should have.
And don't give me a "this is a work in progress blablabla" sloppy second excuse, I still paid for that game, and you owe me a working ducking game.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x, 3.70Ghz
Gpu: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070
Ram:  16gb, 2633mhz
System: Windows 10 pro
 

Well I seem to have found a homemade fix for all that annoying garbage. It doesn't fix the memory leak though, we'll have to handle matter to the "competent" developper of BattleStateGame, wink wink.
What I did was: 
update every single ducking driver
manually update the Visual C redis
tweek my ram cadencing in my bios

I still need to have the task manager opened on my second screen and keep an eye on it to see when the memory leak will ducking out of control (to give you an idea, reserve is so dogshit optimized that ram usage goes from 4gb at the start of the round to 9gb 25 minutes in).

I was able to play 5 runs of Reserve without needing to restart my PC inbetween runs or crashing in the middle of the raid.
Thanks for nothing BSG, now fix your AMD compatibility issues / memory leak.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
culbear

Im having these same problems, the game is constantly crashing, and causing my gfx card to crash, not the whole PC cause I can still hear discord. Its so freaking annoying

PC Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @  3.8ghz
GPU: MSI 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio (Both GPU And Cpu are Watercooled)

RAM: 64GB 3600Mhz

System: Win10 Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MartaStuart
On 1/2/2020 at 1:03 PM, highspeedfps said:

I have a Radeon x580 card and the game crashes within 30 seconds of joining a raid and is consistently doing so. I have all my drivers updated and windows is updated. I noticed that the Radeon software utility has updated and wondering if that might be the problem, but I don't want to revert my driver / software to older versions and miss out on the overall driver optimization... Suggestions? Can anyone else confirm that the software might be interfering with the game or BattleEye?

 

On 1/3/2020 at 2:00 AM, DeltaZulu said:

I'm having the same type of crash. Except every time it's happened has been exactly the moment another player shoots me.

I'm level 3 and the only raids I've finished are the one's where I haven't encountered players.

The crash is sometimes so severe I have to reset my bios to get my computer to boot back up.

As the others, I'm on a ryzen machine with an rx580. The game runs well otherwise and I have no performance issues.

This is a fresh install of windows 10 and I have all the noted c++ libraries. I have updated all bios and drivers (and also tried older graphics drivers).

 

I haven't looked yet but I'll see if I can find a crash dump. Does tarkov create it's own crash reports somewhere?

 

 

Exact same problem AND gpu... do you find some solution???????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2