I want a job at Battlestategames

kapu05

Hello im Gabriel a 14 year old gamer who has 8 years of PC experience but im not good at programming or coding i just want to have a level design job at Battlestategames where i make new maps or update some maps you know so im thinking will they take me if i dont have any programming experience. I guess that level design is simple you just drag objects put them in place and put item spawns and stuff

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You have to be legal age to work in Russia.  Maybe once you hit 16.. :)

+14 years old are not legally allowed to play this game. You been naughty!

Edited by sYs
not sure if trolling or not
ShiroTenshi

You need to be a legal adult so you can sign a contract and it be considered as valid.

Also, if you don't have any experience to speak of for the position you are seeking, chances are you will not be considered. You can look at the official BSG webpage for the jobs they have available, but all jobs have requirements you must meet in order to be considered. If you don't meet these then you need to put in the effort into improving your abilities until you do.

https://www.battlestategames.com/#job

Specially the Level Designer position is a bit more complex then "you just drag objects put them in place and put item spawns and stuff" :P

I would advise you to just download Unity Hub and start messing around with some online tutorials.  Maybe in a few years, if you keep up the learning process, you will be able to join BSG in their next project.

• Upvote 1
KaelTheInvoker
В 18.08.2019 в 21:09, kapu05 сказал:

Hello im Gabriel a 14 year old gamer who has 8 years of PC experience but im not good at programming or coding i just want to have a level design job at Battlestategames where i make new maps or update some maps you know so im thinking will they take me if i dont have any programming experience. I guess that level design is simple you just drag objects put them in place and put item spawns and stuff

What a initiative boy, well done :)

Skemba

Hello Gabriel,

My advice to you would be to study Unity engine and work with it since that knowledge will prove valuable one day and is applicable to countless projects, not just EFT.

Before you know it, 4 years will pass and you will have a shot at pursuing your desired career in level design.

Also I recommend to check out Sykoo, a Youtuber from Sweden who is self-taught in Unity and understands the engine well.

SykooTV

Good luck!

Edited by Skemba
tobiassolem

Being a level designer means moving and placing objects about as much as being a chef means putting ingredients together.

On some level it's kind of true, but a simple explanation does not mean a simple job.

• 4 weeks later...
apeFromTarkoff
On 8/19/2019 at 2:09 AM, kapu05 said:

I guess that level design is simple you just drag objects put them in place and put item spawns and stuff

I remember wrote a pacman clone back in days, I started from learning C, then I wrote primitive game engine that only supported sprites and keyboard input, and a primitive AI, and it took me half a year, and now someone in his 14 wants to jump in to AAA game project without any knowledge ? as a level designer ? do you even studiet at art school ?