Sign in to follow this  
keyciraptor

Stadia and cheating

keyciraptor

If i understand the stadia stuff correct, there cant be any cheats or ways to cheat. Wouldnt it be great to release eft also on stadia^^ no more costs for anticheat and also only one system programming. Not sure what the minus would be but the plus is great. Not?

apeFromTarkoff

be careful for what you wish, the time could come when every single game will be in the cloud and people would be begging for downloading it instead and play on their PC, but that is far away so we are fine now

Nameless_Terror
On 8/20/2019 at 6:28 AM, keyciraptor said:

If i understand the stadia stuff correct, there cant be any cheats or ways to cheat. Wouldnt it be great to release eft also on stadia^^ no more costs for anticheat and also only one system programming. Not sure what the minus would be but the plus is great. Not?

Never take something and say it is good without knowing the full cost. Without having the optimal set up and location for this type of service, many people would suffer performance/visual/latency issues. If you live close to the server and have an optimal set up you would probably benefit from it. 

I will not support this concept until it has been widely tested and proven reliable. If they can truly make it viable for people everywhere and not just in hubs, then it will definitely be the way of the future for some games. 

This will make player made mods impossible. Something that would have killed games like Mount and Blade for example. Even if modding was allowed/supported, you'd be subject to terms and conditions that can be changed.