Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Yosugami

My current thoughts on the player base in Tarkov...

Recommended Posts

Yosugami
Posted (edited)

I wonder when the RPG side of the game will be more explored, instead of intense combat all the time. All the vods; on twitch and youtube make the wider audience, treat this game like an esport. I think people forgot that this game is still in beta. Excited for patch 12 though. Hopefully more RPG mechanics make everyone stop obsessing over treating this game like other fps games *cough cough*

 

*I would love to start seeing more punishing consequences for dying.* O_O

 

 

Edited by Yosugami
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moom00

Whats this got to do with the playerbase, this is just you saying you want more RPG elements or am I missing something?

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yosugami
Posted (edited)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  nvm i guess

Edited by Yosugami
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moom00

Point to the part about the playerbase and not you wanting more RPG Elements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yosugami
Posted (edited)

I just feel like this game was designed more than just making it an esport. For example the food meter is useless right now. I can go an entire raid and not even think about that stat. So why is it there?

 

The game seems to draw inspiration from Stalker. It feels to me that the passive soft skills are designed in a way that favors a long level grind that is based off your play-style while surviving long periods of time as you traverse like an RPG game (They did say they want to connect all the maps) what is the result of connecting all the maps? A game world. And what does a game world have? NPCs you talk to. sub tasks in the game are side quests. So it seems clear to me this game is an RPG like stalker. Obviously with no super natural elements and instead a focus on realism.

 

 A lot of soft skills are considered useless for most players because they play overly aggressive all the time and grind to make millions of roubles to max out the soft skill. 

 

I just do not feel like that is the intended design and the player base seems to want to push in an esport direction and be the game dev and not Battlestate. I just hope Battlestate stays focused on their own vision and not fall to the esport trend. But like I said I'm just a customer so I don't know their vision but I just feel like this isn't the right mindset that I have observed in the wider community comments around the web.

 

All I know is if this game shifts to an esport direction then I'm moving on to another game. Just my minority opinion. Sorry to seem so pensive about it. Just wanted to share my own thoughts.

Edited by Yosugami
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chaos_Theorist

Just ignore Moomoo's rants, Yosugami, he has gone out of his way to prove that he can only type toxic and passive-aggressive replies.   Something really has him down, and I feel for him.  But definitely not adding anything constructive to the forums.    

 

As for your points I definitely agree.   It'd be nice to see more of the soft skills implemented and things like stamina/hunger play more into the game.   I was a huge STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl fan and definitely see the similarities.  I'm thinking .12 is going to introduce a lot more of these elements.   Definitely excited.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CooH1e2

In a moment where every game seems to be in the esport path in order to be popular I guess that a part the playerbase is also asking for it. There are people fighting to be in the high place of the EFT rankings for instance...

I don't know where is this game going in the future but I personnally like the RPG / survival part of the game.

I'm also excited about new implementations with the 0.12 (hideout, permanent life system, ...) and some of the future and planned stuff that I'm not sure when is it going to appear (radiation, food, 2/3 characters, ...)

I think that devs are trying to staisfy somehow both worlds.... 

The arena (still to understand what and how will be working) seems to be more focused on the firefights and "esport" playerbase while the story and raids more focused on the RPG playstyle. 

If they manage to handle both world would be a pleasure... let's see how developers implement all this

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrutalButSlaps
On 8/24/2019 at 6:38 AM, Chaos_Theorist said:

Just ignore Moomoo's rants, Yosugami, he has gone out of his way to prove that he can only type toxic and passive-aggressive replies.   Something really has him down, and I feel for him.  But definitely not adding anything constructive to the forums.    

 

As for your points I definitely agree.   It'd be nice to see more of the soft skills implemented and things like stamina/hunger play more into the game.   I was a huge STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl fan and definitely see the similarities.  I'm thinking .12 is going to introduce a lot more of these elements.   Definitely excited.

Yes, very much agree with the idea of more survival game elements being implemented. Another thing I would love to see is less pristine weaponry and attachments maybe having dirty levels were you have to maintain your gun and rugged and worn properties, after all we are in a battle-torn environment. But then again maybe I'm thinking to complicated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yosugami
Posted (edited)
On 8/26/2019 at 4:00 AM, BrutalButSlaps said:

Yes, very much agree with the idea of more survival game elements being implemented. Another thing I would love to see is less pristine weaponry and attachments maybe having dirty levels were you have to maintain your gun and rugged and worn properties, after all we are in a battle-torn environment. But then again maybe I'm thinking to complicated.

I like that idea. And I have an aversion to e-sport mentality because I was a part of it and It is a very negative environment that is spreading in every game lately. You just can't find a game community where people don't care about min maxing stats.

 

At the end of the day in this game specifically but can apply to some other FPS games, a gun is a gun and If I ambush you none of those stats even matter. Those gun stats are just flare more than anything. but It's not the experience of the game itself.

 

In real time combat there are so many factors you have to consider that show your skill (skill in this case {since it is a game}, refers to the ability on assessing an opponents capabilities and determining if you can or even able to; put them in checkmate way before they can, and if not you run to survive. No leader-board will ever reflect that when the leader-boards mindset is who can get to level 70 the fastest. I didn't even know there was a leader-board in this game until recently -_-

 

For me; to put tarkovs' experience into one simple sentence. You are either hunting or being hunted all while just trying to survive in a military quarantine zone, when everything goes terribly wrong.

Edited by Yosugami
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quango2k

I think many people keep forgetting this is still BETA. We are all just testing elements of a final plan. None of us know the actual final plan for the released game, Just bits of it. I think Nikita has a plan to have this as realistic as it can get. Not sure how he feels about people doing THICC case runs and carrying out 400kgs of kit at a time though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vodor
2 hours ago, quango2k said:

I think many people keep forgetting this is still BETA. We are all just testing elements of a final plan. None of us know the actual final plan for the released game, Just bits of it. I think Nikita has a plan to have this as realistic as it can get. Not sure how he feels about people doing THICC case runs and carrying out 400kgs of kit at a time though...

We don’t really forget, aside from the misleading thread title (which is why I clicked it) it doesn’t hurt to discuss what you want out of the game.

What do you mean thicc case runs? I know what a thicc case is but surely they’d lose them if they died?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dick_Jagger
9 hours ago, quango2k said:

I think many people keep forgetting this is still BETA. We are all just testing elements of a final plan. None of us know the actual final plan for the released game, Just bits of it. I think Nikita has a plan to have this as realistic as it can get. Not sure how he feels about people doing THICC case runs and carrying out 400kgs of kit at a time though...

I understand where you are coming from, you dont want to see people having the ability to be so over weight to the point of being unrealistic, unfortunately tarkov is not realistic at all unless you want to talk about the gun building mechanics or recoil.  Other then those two things it's not very realistic.  That being said I also feel that if someone wants to risk millions of roubles for the chance of making millions then that is a fair thing to do for the current state of the game and the sole principle of having that freedom in tarkov to play a FPS how you like.   Either way I agree with the fact the game does need more pve to immerse people further if we will always be limited to low amounts of players per server.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quango2k
20 hours ago, Vodor said:

We don’t really forget, aside from the misleading thread title (which is why I clicked it) it doesn’t hurt to discuss what you want out of the game.

What do you mean thicc case runs? I know what a thicc case is but surely they’d lose them if they died?

exactly that. People do it often in Labs. they take a couple of cases in and fill them completely in raid..carrying out 400+kg of gear per run. Now there are no(or less) cheaters..its even easier for them to do it. If you make 2mln per run and get killed one in 20 games it becomes crazy lucrative. as a squad or duo, the risk is a lot lower as a team mate can bring your boxes back out if you die. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yosugami
On 8/29/2019 at 1:57 AM, quango2k said:

exactly that. People do it often in Labs. they take a couple of cases in and fill them completely in raid..carrying out 400+kg of gear per run. Now there are no(or less) cheaters..its even easier for them to do it. If you make 2mln per run and get killed one in 20 games it becomes crazy lucrative. as a squad or duo, the risk is a lot lower as a team mate can bring your boxes back out if you die. 

In my opinion, they should limit the carry weight to more reasonable levels. And add an overburden penalty past your leveled skill. So you move super slow basically past a certain weight. It doesn't have to match real life but just make it balanced.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xStrugglinx

@OP....Sigh so in your opinion we should just live real life in the game, chalk fool of depression and boredom. If you've got such a hard on to sit on a poo bucket & farm tushonka for days to finish a single quest, then go play Arma Life or Dayz or Rust or some other bs ultra grindy PvE game.

The maps are small/med size for a reason. There's suppose to be PvP, the "survival" part of this game is avoiding death from scavs and players while you try and complete w/e story they're going to implement. Obviously they added water and energy (food) so people couldn't just sit around and camp the entire map or you couldn't just run around gathering everything on the map yourself. Radiation i think will be used to block off highly valuable loot areas.

But i guarantee you keep trying to push this ultra grindy niche ass game and you won't have a game to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yosugami
On 9/12/2019 at 10:25 AM, xStrugglinx said:

@OP....Sigh so in your opinion we should just live real life in the game, chalk fool of depression and boredom. If you've got such a hard on to sit on a poo bucket & farm tushonka for days to finish a single quest, then go play Arma Life or Dayz or Rust or some other bs ultra grindy PvE game.

The maps are small/med size for a reason. There's suppose to be PvP, the "survival" part of this game is avoiding death from scavs and players while you try and complete w/e story they're going to implement. Obviously they added water and energy (food) so people couldn't just sit around and camp the entire map or you couldn't just run around gathering everything on the map yourself. Radiation i think will be used to block off highly valuable loot areas.

But i guarantee you keep trying to push this ultra grindy niche ass game and you won't have a game to play.

Why don't you just play Call of Duty then. The devs said they plan to connect all the maps so what you say is just untrue. And What is wrong with adding realism to a game that is already in a realistic direction compared to most other games and has survival mechanics in it? We already have enough COD like games it's getting old.

 

And also I'd rather play a niche complex game with density than a mainstream game with no depth and weight.

Edited by Yosugami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NPC78745

The playerbase has dropped off big time....Because the game is broken.  Nothing works properly.  example, shooting people 60 times and getting a lag spike and then youre dead.  The servers are always dsync'd,. servers cant keep up with hit registration at all!  Patch after patch of "fixes: and nothing is ever fixed.  I notice a half a second to a second and a half of delay between players, which is absolute garbage in a high stakes FPS game.  They can't fix this game I don't care what people say, the issue is mainly Unity and inexperienced developers.  Sorry, but it is true.   I love the idea of this game but it will never make it to full release or not have spaghetti netcode.

Edited by NPC78745
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yosugami
1 minute ago, NPC78745 said:

The playerbase has dropped off big time....Because the game is broken.  Nothing works properly.  example, shooting people 60 times and getting a lag spike and then youre dead.  They can't fix this game I don't care what people say, the issue is mainly Unity and inexperienced developers.

Then why are you still here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NPC78745
On 9/24/2019 at 5:31 PM, Yosugami said:

Then why are you still here?

am I somehow excluded from being here?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yosugami
7 hours ago, NPC78745 said:

am I somehow excluded from being here?  

I'm just wondering since you seem to have no faith in the game anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Starioshka
On 8/21/2019 at 5:06 AM, Yosugami said:

For example the food meter is useless right now. I can go an entire raid and not even think about that stat.

Try using those injectors.

  • Hot 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yosugami
On 9/28/2019 at 1:27 AM, Starioshka said:

Try using those injectors.

Hm that's true, however I don't think that is the main mechanic for food. They did say they are implementing health status carrying over to every raid you enter now. So that means injectors are an expensive buff and I would like it to stay that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dr0nxX
On 9/24/2019 at 3:28 PM, NPC78745 said:

The playerbase has dropped off big time....Because the game is broken.  Nothing works properly.  example, shooting people 60 times and getting a lag spike and then youre dead.  The servers are always dsync'd,. servers cant keep up with hit registration at all!  Patch after patch of "fixes: and nothing is ever fixed.  I notice a half a second to a second and a half of delay between players, which is absolute garbage in a high stakes FPS game.  They can't fix this game I don't care what people say, the issue is mainly Unity and inexperienced developers.  Sorry, but it is true.   I love the idea of this game but it will never make it to full release or not have spaghetti netcode.

game isnt broken... sure it has issues but its not as you describe. Perhaps you should look into buying better pc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Starioshka
6 hours ago, Yosugami said:

Hm that's true, however I don't think that is the main mechanic for food. They did say they are implementing health status carrying over to every raid you enter now. So that means injectors are an expensive buff and I would like it to stay that way.

What do you mean? They barely do anything.

Only injector worth anything now is propital.

Injectors would start to make sense if they all did 50+ instead of 25+ to stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yosugami
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Starioshka said:

What do you mean? They barely do anything.

Only injector worth anything now is propital.

Injectors would start to make sense if they all did 50+ instead of 25+ to stats.

You are the one who brought up injectors as a reason why there is a food mechanic. And now you say they barely do anything... Also I feel like you completely ignored my point about how health status will carry over and that is when the food mechanic will finally have some gravity.

Edited by Yosugami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2